beyond two souls EDITED.jpg

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

Developer: Quantic Dream

Platform: PS3

Release: October

Genre: Adventure/Psychological Action Thriller

Official Site: Beyondps3.com

Information

From the makers of the award-winning Heavy Rain™ comes a unique, psychological action thriller. Featuring a brand-new game engine, a compelling, original story, and a top-notch Hollywood cast; BEYOND: Two Souls™ promises to be one of the most immersive experiences on the PlayStation®3.

Live the remarkable life of Jodie Holmes, a young woman who possesses supernatural powers through a psychic link to an invisible entity. Experience the most striking moments of Jodie’s life as your actions and decisions determine her fate. As she traverses the globe, Jodie will face incredible challenges against a backdrop of emotionally-charged events never before seen in a video game.

• Dive into a gripping and unpredictable action thriller starring Academy Award-nominee Ellen Page in the lead role.
  • Take full control of Jodie as well as the mysterious entity in spectacular action sequences.
  • Experience the new cutting-edge technology from Quantic Dream that creates one of the best-looking games ever seen on the PlayStation®3.

Articles

EU PS Blog - Willem Dafoe to star alongside Ellen Page

Gameplay

• Beyond Two Souls will not feature QuickTimeEvent's.

Media

Official Debut Trailer

Message 1 of 20 (1,021 Views)
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Re: BEYOND: Two Souls Information Thread

Jan 21, 2013

Anyone looking forward to QuanticDream's next game Beyond: Two Souls? After the amazing Heavy Rain, I sure am! Anyway, this is my first Information Thread so if anything should be different/added/changed or whatever, please feel free to say so!

Message 2 of 20 (1,019 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: BEYOND: Two Souls™ Information Thread

Feb 15, 2013

Heavy Rain had some great BTS footage. Something I want to see from Beyond is possibly every scene shot to show the way they record everything. Of course, this will never happen, but seeing the Beyond BTS footage really makes me hope for this. :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 20 (877 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2818 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Nice job on your first information thread!

I'm definitely looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls.

I skipped out on Heavy Rain because the gameplay just looked too slow for me. I'll probably pick it up one day, but after most of my back log is completed.
Message 4 of 20 (816 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Thank you.

Yeah definitely do that. It sure is something different, but it's a great experience.

Message 5 of 20 (807 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

We have a release date. October 2013. It was mentioned in the PS Blog article about Willem Dafoe (Platoon, Spiderman) joining Ellen Page in Beyond: Two souls. Here's the article

Also added new trailer and interview.

Message 6 of 20 (769 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2398 posts

Re: BEYOND: Two Souls™ Information Thread [EDITED 1 March]

Mar 2, 2013

When this game comes out they should make a PS3 bundle that comes with this game.  I think that this game and The Last of Us are going to be the two games that take full advantage of the PS3 and show what it can do.  Like the way God of War 2 and Final Fantasy 12 did for the PS2.

Message 7 of 20 (741 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2818 posts

Mar 8, 2013
I'd like to see a gameplay trailer... maybe at E3? I'm glad they're ditching the QTE route. I'm assuming it's going to play more like an action/adventure game. Such as inFamous or Uncharted.
Message 8 of 20 (696 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Message 9 of 20 (659 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3651 posts

Re: BEYOND: Two Souls™ Information Thread

Mar 22, 2013

You state in the OP that it will be Move compatible and the games producer has said that Beyond will not use the Move. Not sure where you got that from but it should be removed.

http://www.gamesradar.com/beyond-producer-tells-us-why-game-wont-support-ps-move/

Message 10 of 20 (640 Views)
0 Likes