Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2013
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41020 posts

Bayonetta - Hard Mode Tips?

5 replies 691 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

Playing through the game on Hard Mode right now and was wondering if anyone had any tips on making the journey?  I'm up to Ch VI right now but it's not without expending a lot of items in the process.  Any recommendations on weapons and accessories?  Currently using:

A - Kulshedra & Durga

B - Shuraba & Lt. Kilgore

With the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa & Selene's Light accessories.  Want to know what others used to help them through and what combos are decent enough.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (691 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11240 posts

Re: Bayonetta - Hard Mode Tips?

Feb 7, 2013

If you aren’t afraid of losing Witch Time in favor of magical counterattacks then I would recommend the Evil Harvest Rosary accessory.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (677 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Feb 7, 2013

SweetPoison13 wrote:

If you aren’t afraid of losing Witch Time in favor of magical counterattacks then I would recommend the Evil Harvest Rosary accessory.

I beat Hard Mode, although I'd still like to improve but I'm on Infinite Climax now which doesn't allow Witch Time anyways.  And yes, I've been using the Evil Harvest in my current accessory slot (Moon of M-K in the other) to compensate for the lack of Witch time and to deal some damage in the process.  I'm up to Ch III right now but I think when I go back through Hard Mode, I'll do so without the use of Witch Time to see if I actually do better.  I feel like certain fights on Infinite Climax have actually been easier which is odd.

I think I should probably experiment a bit with weapons/combos to see what works best on what enemies.  I seem to have an easier time with Grace & Glories for instance if I trip them up mid-combo with a leg sweep and can continue abusing them with a combo.  Need to find something that works best for the ones on all fours and with the tails (the ones that have the wheel dropped on them for the torture attack).  I always seem to have trouble with them.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Below is a thread I created three years ago about my playthrough on  Climax.  Hope it helps a bit :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Action-Adventure-General/Bayonetta-Non-stop-Climax-Progress-T...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (666 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Feb 10, 2013

mmmig wrote:

Below is a thread I created three years ago about my playthrough on  Climax.  Hope it helps a bit :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Action-Adventure-General/Bayonetta-Non-stop-Climax-Progress-T...

Wow.  Will have to turn Kudos back on and reward you.  Will definitely read through all your posts in that thread to help me move forward in NSIC :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Feb 11, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:  
Wow.  Will have to turn Kudos back on and reward you.  Will definitely read through all your posts in that thread to help me move forward in NSIC :smileyhappy:

Heh, keep in mind that I wrote that as I was playing through that mode for the very first time.  New strategies have come out since then so my take on it may not necessarily be the most efficient (or the most stylish lol).  Glad to be of some assistance though.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (640 Views)
0 Likes