Jun 18 2009
By: JitteryJordan Survivor 2702 posts

Do you wish there were more games like infamous or prototype?

11 replies 905 views Edited Jun 18, 2009
What I mean is a sandbox style game with it's own original superhuman character, not a superhero from the comics? I also would like (not likely to happen though) for Activision and Sucker Punch to work together and do a Marvel Team-Up kinda game with Cole and Alex.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (905 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2049 posts

Re: Do you wish there were more games like infamous or prototype?

Jun 18, 2009

I think Prototype is based on a comic. Why else would there be DC billboards around the city?

And I think one or two a year is the threshhold for sandbox games of this sort.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (905 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2702 posts

Jun 18, 2009

Mech-Cannibal wrote:

I think Prototype is based on a comic. Why else would there be DC billboards around the city?

no, what they're doing is turning Prototype into a comic.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (905 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Jun 18, 2009

Mech-Cannibal wrote:

Agreed. I wouldn't want more than one a two a year, because then it would just get lame and repetitive.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (905 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Jun 18, 2009
I enjoyed inFAMOUS but I don't want to see the genre turn out like the music genre did.  We've gotten 2 this year so lets just leave it at that for now, maybe let the devs break away to another IP next year and then come back in 2011 with sequels.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (905 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1298 posts

Jun 18, 2009

I do like these kinds of games. But I would like to see them extend it a bit more. I know these take a lot of work. But I'm still waiting for the day when there is an open world like Fallout 3 except it's set in the modern day with skyscrapers, cities, and suburbs all in good condition with the graphics of Killzone. And like Oblivion, just about every building has an interior you can explore, and every person has a name and role in life where they go to work and go home at certain times. Now combine that with the freedom of movement like in Prototype. But give us the livelyness of a city like GTA, with a mix of an optional FPS view that works as well as Call of Duty, but let us ride in cars with the realism of Gran Turismo. An let us have the fighting ability of Alex/Kratos/Dante.

Tall order isn't it....lol 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (905 Views)
Fender Bender
3106 posts

Jun 18, 2009

BlackValor wrote:

I do like these kinds of games. But I would like to see them extend it a bit more. I know these take a lot of work. But I'm still waiting for the day when there is an open world like Fallout 3 except it's set in the modern day with skyscrapers, cities, and suburbs all in good condition with the graphics of Killzone. And like Oblivion, just about every building has an interior you can explore, and every person has a name and role in life where they go to work and go home at certain times. Now combine that with the freedom of movement like in Prototype. But give us the livelyness of a city like GTA, with a mix of an optional FPS view that works as well as Call of Duty, but let us ride in cars with the realism of Gran Turismo. An let us have the fighting ability of Alex/Kratos/Dante.

Tall order isn't it....lol 

There would be an epedemic of melting PS3s all over the world

Reviews.Trophies

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (905 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Dec 7, 2009
Yes, because then there would be more modifiable engines for this genre and then some loyal fans would be able to make proper superhero games from them. I rest my case.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (905 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6044 posts

Dec 7, 2009
I thought inFamous was pretty enjoyable for a sandbox game.  I usually get bored to death in sandbox games. 
Level 9,999 Laharl
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (905 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4548 posts

Dec 7, 2009
3-4 a year max, don't need one every month like FPS games....
primalcarnage Trophy Cardhref="http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/SignUp">Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (905 Views)