Dec 16 2010
By: quencybrown First Son 4 posts

Help me find AWESOME action/adventure games that are short

15 replies 57 views Edited Dec 16, 2010

I like story driven action/adventure games that can be completed in 10 hours or less.  The only times I have to play PS3 games are friday and saturday nights for anywhere between 2-4 hours each night.  I have many other hobbies so I do not game every weekend. 

My 2 favorite story driven action / adventure games that Ive played are: Uncharted and COD MW2.  I was able to complete these games in reasonable times (1 or 2 weekends)  I also played through God of War III, and while it was enjoyable, I preferred both Uncharted and COD MW2 (single player campaign) to it.  Ive played my share of first person shooters over the years so I was surprised that I enjoyed MW2 as much as I did.  I definitely do not want to buy any more "war" themed first person shooters, but I may be convinced in playing some other themed first person shooter (like sci-fi or alien themed).

Online play should NOT be taken into account when suggesting game titles to me.  I want to find a short game with an incredible story to play over the holidays.

I dont care if the game you suggest is a new game, or an old PS3 game.  I actually like picking up older titles because you can always find them cheap.

Message 1 of 16 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Re: Help me find AWESOME action/adventure games that are short

Dec 16, 2010

The Best game I can think of to fit you situation is Dead Space. That game has an awsom story and is great to play alone in the dark.

Message 2 of 16 (57 Views)
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Have you considered MGS4? Very story driven and alot of action and or adventure. I love MGS4 but have been more into the God of War Collection as of late. God of War Collection is fantastic as it has the 2 first games.

I know on easy these games can be completed in not time at all.

But based on your "Sci-Fi/Alien" themed specification. I agree with the other poster. Dead Space might fit your needs but it is a horror game as well, so be warned.

Message 3 of 16 (57 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Dec 16, 2010

The games I would suggest are (in no particular order):

Enslaved: Oddessy To The West

Singularity

Dead Space

Each of these games can be completed in less than ten hours and are very enjoyable.  

Message 4 of 16 (57 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6044 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Heavenly Sword

Enslaved

Vanquish

Level 9,999 Laharl
Message 5 of 16 (57 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 16, 2010

besides uncharted 2 i would have to say Resident Evil 5 would be a good choice. I liked the story because I've been a fan since they first came out.  It might take some time to get some good guns and beat it the first time through.  The first time I beat it took me about 20 hours but with the right kind of guns i beat it the second time in under 5 hours

Message 6 of 16 (57 Views)
Sackboy
549 posts

Dec 16, 2010

inFAMOUS

The dying art of clean racing.

Message 7 of 16 (57 Views)
Survivor
2762 posts

Dec 16, 2010
Definitely Heavenly Sword, short, great and you can find it for pretty cheap nowadays.
Message 8 of 16 (57 Views)
Sackboy
582 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Red Dead Redemption

Bioshock

Resistence 2

Message 9 of 16 (57 Views)
Gaming Beast
2531 posts

Dec 17, 2010

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (don't laugh, it's a fun run-n-gun with a silly story), Batman Arkham Asylum, Ratchet & Clank Future series, Singularity, The Saboteur

Message 10 of 16 (57 Views)