Photobucket

Message 3 of 26 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1451 posts

Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 or Bayonetta

Jan 31, 2010

If you like hard challenging games get Ninja Gaiden 2

If you like Devil May Cry get Bayonetta.

Message 4 of 26 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Jan 31, 2010

Bayonetta, to the person above....Bayonetta on Infinite Climax Mode is insane.

I played both but Bayonetta is so much more fluid, deep combat system, extremly fun and addictive.

Message 5 of 26 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

Jan 31, 2010

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is a fun and challenging game, and it would have to be the hardest game in the world to platinum in my eyes; Due to the sheer amount of time it takes. The levels are unique and you can't simply go /hack /slash all day

If you like a fun and challenging game, get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Bayonetta, you're shooting guns and staring at an unattractive female being 90% naked for the entire game. If you like Devil May Cry at all, screw Bayonetta and pick up DMC4, because Bayonetta is kind of a rip off of DMC.

100% Israeli. FFXIII Lightning <3

Message 6 of 26 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jan 31, 2010

Lycekz wrote:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is a fun and challenging game, and it would have to be the hardest game in the world to platinum in my eyes; Due to the sheer amount of time it takes. The levels are unique and you can't simply go /hack /slash all day

If you like a fun and challenging game, get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Bayonetta, you're shooting guns and staring at an unattractive female being 90% naked for the entire game. If you like Devil May Cry at all, screw Bayonetta and pick up DMC4, because Bayonetta is kind of a rip off of DMC.

That's an understatement. I completed DCM4 100% and after playing Bayonetta, it tops DMC4 beyond comparison. I can tell that you haven't played much of the game, if at all, because she's not naked 90% of the time. The bosses in Bayonetta are so epic, they make the DMC4 bosses look like common enemies (see the youtube videos yourself). Even the gameplay is better and more fluid. And I don't know how many times I have to stress this, but Bayonetta was made by the same director of the DMC series. Of course there'll be similaries and some people, including myself, believe that's its actually BETTER than DMC. I still love the series, but Bayonetta isn't to be messed with. She might give you a spanking.

To OP, if you can afford it, buy both. These are two of the best hack 'n slask you're ever going to get. The brutality and difficulty in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is unlike any of game and the style and outright insanity in Bayonetta makes it something memorable. I heard that the load times in Bayonetta used to be a problem, but they fixed it up with a patch that lets you install the game to the HDD. If you can only choose one at the moment, buy Bayonetta first and then get NGS2, since a pricedrop is bound to happen soon.

Message 7 of 26 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jan 31, 2010

Except DMC4 is $20 or less in some places. Kind of makes it the winner.

Get Ninja Gaiden 2.

Godin LGP90
EHX Pulsar Tremolo
Guyatone MD3 Delay
Traynor YCV40WR
Message 8 of 26 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6044 posts

Feb 1, 2010

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was an outstanding game, one of the best hack'n'slash action games ever.  not just sloppily ported to the PS3 like Bayonetta was (which has lots of technical issues), it was re-made to kick ass on the ps3.  I support Developers like that. 

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

(pssst, darksiders is good if your interested in something a little less flashy or hard as NGS2).

Level 9,999 Laharl
Message 9 of 26 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Feb 1, 2010
Bayonetta for sure, although I may be a little biased (considering my sig) but Bayonetta has easily become one of my favorite games ever. I was literally glued to the tv until I beat the game. I've played the Ninja gaiden games on the "other" system, and while the game is great, I just can't put it up to the high standard that I have Bayonetta at. Like someone above me said, boss battles are uber epic, music is fantastic, and the gameplay is just so fun and addictive you can't go wrong. ALSO, appearantly Sega has released a patch to allow you to load the game onto your HDD, so load times are much shorter. Bayonetta FTW!
Ches-ka on http://thetester.com/

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/theCheska
Message 10 of 26 (414 Views)
0 Likes