Sep 13 2012
By: StealthVenom41 First Son 1 posts

PLEASE PLEASE HELP THIS NEWBIE MOM OF PS3 OWNER

4 replies 130 views Edited Sep 13, 2012

NEWBIE HERE!  No judgment please, but my 10 yr old just got the PS3 for his birthday and I KNOW there has to be a way that TWO kids can play 2 player games, and for the life of us, we have not been able to find out how, such as need for speed, Transformers games, etc., other than it telling us you have to be online for multiplayer.  I don't mind him getting online to play with others at some point, but, he and his friend, sitting in the same room, HAVE to be able to play a game together.  PLEASE PLEASE HELP.  Thank you so much!!

Message 1 of 5 (130 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25953 posts

Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP THIS NEWBIE MOM OF PS3 OWNER

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

StealthVenom41 wrote:

NEWBIE HERE!  No judgment please, but my 10 yr old just got the PS3 for his birthday and I KNOW there has to be a way that TWO kids can play 2 player games, and for the life of us, we have not been able to find out how, such as need for speed, Transformers games, etc., other than it telling us you have to be online for multiplayer.  I don't mind him getting online to play with others at some point, but, he and his friend, sitting in the same room, HAVE to be able to play a game together.  PLEASE PLEASE HELP.  Thank you so much!!

It's entirely dependent on the game. You have to find games with what's called "local" or split-screen multiplayer. Sports games are good for two player. Check out some of those. Fighting games are also good for that, as well as some shooters. 

Good luck in your search. 

Message 2 of 5 (126 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11366 posts

Sep 14, 2012

One term you may notice along the way is that of "co-op," which is short for cooperative. Having a second controller or more can come in handy for such group experiences as the upcoming fighting game PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. An excellent co-op experience for the system, if you're looking for suggestions, is also that of Portal 2. This game certainly has puzzles that will boggle the brain, and lots of humor to top it off.

Message 3 of 5 (122 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1783 posts

Sep 15, 2012

StealthVenom41 wrote:

It's entirely dependent on the game. You have to find games with what's called "local" or split-screen multiplayer. Sports games are good for two player. Check out some of those. Fighting games are also good for that, as well as some shooters

Dude, I know your trying to help but. shooting games and fighting?? she clearly stated that her son is10....you should recommend games like:

LittleBigPlanet

Sports

Ratchet and Clank

Lego Batman

Lego Star Wars

Sonic

Racing

Disney games......

I know kids kids still play violent games but...try to help out...

Message 4 of 5 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2531 posts

Sep 17, 2012
On all co-op games there is an option on the loading screen to pick either single player (sometimes called campaign) or co-op. You will need a second controller for his friend to use.

Little Big Planet or Ratchet & Clank All for One are good co-op "G" rated games.
Message 5 of 5 (96 Views)
0 Likes