Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 16 2013
By: demian__ First Son 3 posts

Weird audio problem in Mafia 2 with Pulse Wireless Headset

3 replies 87 views Edited Aug 16, 2013

I'm having some pretty annoying audio cut outs. The weird part: It only occurs while driving. Cutscenes, walking, shooting, menus...all fine, all smooth. But as soon as I hop into a car and drive around for a while the audio starts to cut out constantly for maybe a fraction of a second. Tried it with VSS turned off and deleting & redownloading/installing the game - nothing helped.

What unsettles me is that only with the Pulse Headset do I have this problem. Letting the audio run through my TV speakers or using my old Tritton headset (via Optical cable) and the audio's just fine.

So I'm pretty confused right now and don't know whether it's the game's fault or my headset's. Would be nice if someone who has both game and headset could try it out.

I need someone to ease my concerns :smileyhappy:

Thx for helping me out!

*Bought my headset a week ago and didn't have any problems until now. Still works fine with the few other games I played so far.

*I got the game off of PS Plus so it's the digital version.

Message 1 of 4 (87 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24907 posts

Re: Weird audio problem in Mafia 2 with Pulse Wireless Headset

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

Sometimes you get a lot of interference from the other wireless accessories in the house. See if you can use the Bluetooth receiver with a remote adapter, and pace it way from the console. If you've bought anything wireless in the last few years, you probably have one lying around. They look like this;

USB Extension adapter

Message 2 of 4 (71 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Thanks for trying to help me out here. But honestly, I just can't see interference being the cause. How could it if it only happens while driving and goes away as soon as I get out of a car? It's also reproducable, no matter what time of day. And the headset works perfectly with everything else. Infact I was just using it watching a (concert) dvd - free of any interference - then I saw your post and decided to try the game once more...and nope, there came the cutouts. Instantly quit the game, went back to the dvd and voila...all smooth again.

Normally I'd say it's just the game bugging out, having issues with streaming some audio or whatever. Why else would it only occur while driving? But the fact that it runs fine with other speakers/wired headsets really puzzles me.

It all just doesn't make any sense.

Again, maybe somebody here has both game and headset and can test whether these cutouts happen for him/her too.

Message 3 of 4 (68 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24907 posts

Aug 17, 2013

If you're unwilling to try that, then make sure the game is updated and that you have the latest firmware.

Message 4 of 4 (55 Views)
0 Likes