Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 26 2011
By: chrisdaustin First Son 2 posts

grand theft auto sanandreas, for ps3

16 replies 4542 views Edited Nov 26, 2011

I  am a huge gta sa fan mainly because of the storyline and how you can customize the characters look by buying things and also the two player mode and as u can guess when i bought gtaIV it was a huge dissappointment and i really couldnt get into it  the storyline was alright and the graphics  were great but  the game was too realistic and everyone loves a game that has some humor. Gta sa should be remade for ps3 in my opinion gta sa is the best game so far in the gta series . I hope rock star will consider  remaking gta sa for ps3

Message 1 of 17 (4,542 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1438 posts

Re: grand theft auto sanandreas, for ps3

Dec 7, 2011

They're busy on releasing GTA V so, I doubt it anytime soon

My PS3 has YLOD -_-
Message 2 of 17 (4,542 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 9, 2012

They should tho. Or at least make another GTA where you can costomize your character like SA. I don't know much about the one being released but I am hoping it has that feature at least. The game seemse much more interesting when you can work out to gain strength or go for runs to improve agility. Just my opinion.

Message 3 of 17 (4,542 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Jan 22, 2012

chrisdaustin wrote:

I  am a huge gta sa fan mainly because of the storyline and how you can customize the characters look by buying things and also the two player mode and as u can guess when i bought gtaIV it was a huge dissappointment and i really couldnt get into it  the storyline was alright and the graphics  were great but  the game was too realistic and everyone loves a game that has some humor. Gta sa should be remade for ps3 in my opinion gta sa is the best game so far in the gta series . I hope rock star will consider  remaking gta sa for ps3

I would doubt that they will remake it, as 5 takes place in San Andreas. I know the feeling of wanting it, though, I bought it a few months ago on Live and play it all the time. I agree that it has been the best GTA.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 4 of 17 (4,542 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25126 posts

Jan 22, 2012

chrisdaustin wrote:

Okay here's something I've noticed a lot lately. I'm seeing more and more "they should remake Game X for the PS3!". What do you mean exactly? Do you mean completely "remake", as what Silicon Knights did with Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes? Or do you mean remaster, as what many are doing with games such as Splinter Cell, Shadow Of The Colossus, and Sly Cooper? There's a difference between the two. Remakes usually don't happen, because they involved as much work as making a new game, and if you're doing all the work of making a new game, you might as well make a NEW game.

As far as a remastering of San Andreas, that too takes time and money, and seeing that there's a GTA 5 on the way, I doubt they will want a game to compete against themselves.

Message 5 of 17 (4,542 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Feb 5, 2012

Just because they're working on GTAV doesn't mean they can't have side projects. I'm hoping after GTAV we get a Grand Theft Auto HD Collection of Grand Theft Auto 3, San Andreas and Vice City. It's likely. Sony has been all for HD Collections since the God of War collection, in fact they encourage it.

Message 6 of 17 (4,542 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25126 posts

Feb 5, 2012

Nuttro93 wrote:

Just because they're working on GTAV doesn't mean they can't have side projects. I'm hoping after GTAV we get a Grand Theft Auto HD Collection of Grand Theft Auto 3, San Andreas and Vice City. It's likely. Sony has been all for HD Collections since the God of War collection, in fact they encourage it.

It still takes time and money. Also, you don't want to compete against your own product. If you have people who are so vehemently clinging, as they do, to PS2 games that they go out and buy a remastered San Andreas, then guess what? They're not going to buy GTA5. As for "Sony" being "all for" HD collections, the last time I looked "Sony" didn't make Grand Theft Auto. So ultimately it's not their call.

Message 7 of 17 (4,542 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Feb 6, 2012

After launch of god of war 3 they launched a god of war collection with 1 and 2, the first of the HD classic series. They sold very well on god of war 3 as well as the collection which is why other game companies have followed making HD classics.

Message 8 of 17 (4,542 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25126 posts

Feb 6, 2012

Nuttro93 wrote:

After launch of god of war 3 they launched a god of war collection with 1 and 2, the first of the HD classic series. They sold very well on god of war 3 as well as the collection which is why other game companies have followed making HD classics.

Alot of others haven't sold well, though. The Sly Collection has sold around 350,000 copies. The Tomb Raider Trilogy has sold 380,000 copies. The Splinter Cell Collection has sold (brace yourself) 60,000 copies. That's right, sixty thousand. So this idea that "it would totally sell, like totally like so many totally like copies... totally" is a bit misguided.

The other problem is that these are eight year old, and in some cases, TEN year old games. How much money do you think they are going to make selling a ten year old game. If you turn around and say "I'd like totally pay totally $60 for it", you're really not being honest with me or yourself. You're going to make more money on a more expensive product with a higher profit margin. It's simple economics. You're not going to make a whole lot on reselling a ten year old game that you've already played.

I really don't understand this whole obession with playing ten year old games. Okay, I can understand if you haven't played it the first time, but to me it's like you don't want to play anything new. I've said it before and it bears repeating, the excuse of "there's no good games" may have worked in 2007, but it 2012 it doesn't fly anymore.

Message 9 of 17 (4,542 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Feb 6, 2012

Some games just never get old, sly, tomb raider and splintercell probably shouldn't have brang out a classic hd, but thats just me finding them to be average games. I think the Jak and Daxter collection will do well, that series has a very high popularity. Grand theft auto has a bigger fanbase than any hd port i can think of.

People mostly want the san andreas game and i hear this question for a ps3 release a lot, i don't think it's a bad idea.

Message 10 of 17 (4,542 Views)