Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 24 2013
By: DJMMT PlayStation MVP 23 posts

AC3 Wolfpack Mode

7 replies 285 views Edited Mar 24, 2013

So I don't usually gripe on forums about noobs, but there seems to be a lot of them so I'm gonna spell this out. If you think I missed anything please feel free to contribute.

When playing Wolfpack mode there is a right way to play and a wrong way. Right = playing so you can complete all 25 sequences with the highest amount of points. Wrong = playing in any way that is detrimental to reaching the goal = Right. Now not every one understands Wolfpack mode so that is why I thought I would give a tutorial.

Sync-Kills

Probably my biggest pet peeve.

Right:

To get a sync-kill all players must approach the group of targets, lock onto a specific target, get within killing range, wait for all the other players to do the same, and then press square when the little time bar appears at the top of the screen.

Wrong:

Run into the group of targets like a maniac and start randomly killing, even as someone on a mic is telling you not to do it.

Approaches

Right:

Points are cumulative in Wolfpack mode so if you only need 100 points to get to the next sequence but have enough time to get more you should get more as long as it doesn't waste a ton of time because in the long run those points will help. So this means you should get you approach bonuses whenever possible. Incognito hopefully, But silent is good too. There is little reason to get anything less in a normal scenario. Also the game tells you when someone else has locked a target. If they have already started their approach chances are they will get more points than you quicker so you should probably just let them have it, especially if it's not your current target to begin with. You should never just pick off someone else's target if they are already approaching him and you have your own assigned target to deal with. Also the game tells you when someone is poisoned so unless there's a reason to rush the kill you should let the poison do it's job. Chances are the player who poisoned also got an incognito bonus as well which means your rushed 150 points turned upwards of 700 points to about 50 points plus your paltry 150 and wasted a poison, which now needs to cool down.

*If 3 or 4 players are pursuing the same target you should rush the kill because your long approach is wasting valuable time with only one target on the field. Kill that 1 target as quickly as possible and suddenly there will be a new target for each player to do their own approach on, thus multiplying the amount of points gained significantly in less time.

Wrong:

Running around madly getting 150 point kills, stealing kills, and contributing less in 3-5 sequences than other players can/are in 1 kill.

Extra Targets

Right:

Extra Targets are important because they give the team extra time to complete the current sequence. This means they should always be killed because time like points are cumulative. Communication is important and if you have a mic you should call it when you got the extra target, but if you don't that's ok. Use common sense. If all 4 players are going for the extra target that means up to 4 targets are currently not being approached thus wasting time and valuable points. So if you see another player going towards the extra target and they are closer to him than you just veer off and deal with your target. It's not as if the extra target takes more than one player to kill. Do your team a favor and think as part of a unit. Sometimes giving up a kill is the right thing to do. The extra target doesn't even add points to the team score or your personal score.

Wrong:

No one killing the extra target. Everyone racing to the extra target hoping to get lucky and take the pointless kill. Because glory doesn't mean anything when you all lose.

I could say a lot more, but I don't think I need to. It's a team effort and if you think and play like a team you'll win it every time. If you don't want to play as part of a unit there's free for all mode and it's plenty fun, but don't get in the way of other's success. You can also play Wolfpack mode by yourself if you like. And no it's not impossible. I have personally successfully soloed Wolfpack mode and I haven't even reached level 50 yet. Happy assassinations.

I am Krogan! I mean Turian. :smileyhappy:

Check out my weekly gaming blog on IGN: http://www.ign.com/blogs/djmmt

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (285 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: AC3 Wolfpack Mode

Apr 2, 2013
Where do I go to find teammates for this mode that will actually do the freaking objectives?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Beckerz88 wrote:
Where do I go to find teammates for this mode that will actually do the freaking objectives?

Welcome to the forums.

You will be hard pressed to find random players in any online game that are actually interested in objectives. I suggest hooking up with a few regular like minded players and playing with them.  You can never rely on randoms.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I feel your pain, I run into the same problem. I am not on line that often (twiggy1807) but if I am, I am down for true wolfpack mode. Consistently I have the fewest kills, but rank in the top 2 for points.... shows that people COD the game.

Headsets are definately a bonus for the sync kills and what not, people need to communicate.

Take it easy, see you out there

Who dares,wins!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

May 3, 2013
RIGHT: not taking an incog focus poison.
WRONG: running in and getting that poison for 100 points
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11095 posts

May 24, 2013

Well i bet only 1% of the noobs read this forum and erm... yeah, stick with you friends, if you have no friends then play something else. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

AC3 Wolfpack Mode

Jun 22, 2013

That is a cool mode.. However.. New players just need time to adjust.. If any of you need a fellow wolf.. Just add me..

Playstation Network id: artform-fazeone

www.Twitter.com  »  artform_fazeone

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

AC3 Wolfpack Mode

Jun 24, 2013

Im on now if any one wants to wolf up.! 

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo