Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 11 2013
By: Setzaroth PlayStation MVP 16511 posts

Assassin's Creed 3's horrible ending

[ Edited ]
21 replies 323 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

POSSILBE SPOILERS

So, maybe someone can set me straight...I dont udnerstand the ending...what does the end of the world have to do with the revolutionary war...its like, they missed a huge oppurtunity to tie in all these conspiracys and things tied to the founding of America, but in the end its like, Oh by the way your petty little battle between the 2 factions  is cute and all, but im going to destroy the world now. It just throws the Templar v.s. Assassins to the wind and everything explodes, or Juno gets released and "saves" the world, but not really. LAZY writing....and even if that's not true, its BAD either way.

I dont know, maybe I missed something. 

Message 1 of 22 (323 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: Assassin's Creed 3's horrible ending

Mar 11, 2013

I kudosed you sir. It is poorly tied together. Sadly the AC franchise as lost me after AC3

Message 2 of 22 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Well the story was about and always has been about Desmond & his friends finding stuff in current day. They only go into the animus to see where people hid items.

The revolutionary war was just the setting, & if you don't know how it ends, go read a history book :smileywink:

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 3 of 22 (305 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16511 posts

Mar 12, 2013

JSiggy wrote:
Well the story was about and always has been about Desmond & his friends finding stuff in current day. They only go into the animus to see where people hid items.

The revolutionary war was just the setting, & if you don't know how it ends, go read a history book :smileywink:

Had nothing to do with what my original post was about. I'm not complaining about the history of it...I'm looking at the big picture, that they made all my actions in this, and future assassin creed games feel utterly insignificant.

If you dont understand, go read my original post...again :smileywink:

Message 4 of 22 (301 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25137 posts

Mar 12, 2013
Spoiler
The American Revolution was the setting because they were trying to find the location of the final Apple. They thought Haythem had hidden it somewhere in the Colonies, and that cave is where they thought it was. If Desmond hadn't sacrificed himself, then man kind would have become corrupted when everyone became suspicious of him as the new "leader" of the rebuilt society.

It's not a perfect ending, however it's what's called in literature a "zero ending". What was the purpose? To get you talking about another game. I keep saying that I really do wish gamers would do more reading, even if it's things like Marvel Comics, just to get used to certain ideas within storytelling, and different plot elements. Why? Because this is going to happen more, not less. You're going to see more elements from film and literature start to creep into games as they become more plot drive, and more cinematic.

I agree that the ending could have been better, and it is rather abrupt. Am I "outraged" by it? Not really, because I've seen this before, and I knew it was a setup for another game and a new character.

Message 5 of 22 (288 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16511 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

I understand the setup for a new game...I expected it. I predicted a revolutionary war game when Assassin's creed 2 came out. Im all for sequels.

heh, perhaps some of my lack of understanding of the plot came from me skipping brotherhood and revelations?:smileyembarrassed:

But still, its just bad writing. I dont care what its official title is, or why it happens in games. It doesnt even make sense. "we were looking for a way to save the planet, but couldnt figure out a way. But I can save it now that i've been locked up for eons, oh and I have been manipulating man-kind from my prision."  yaaaaa....THAT makes sense.

Either way..I dont recall desmond sacraficing himself. But after I did some research I guess he did die? 

So, they were looking for another apple thing at first? I really rushed the story because I rented it and didnt catch all the little details.

Message 6 of 22 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Yuppers they were looking for that shiny gold applie thing to save us all.  Did Desmond die? Alledgedly. We don't actually know, I hope he did though.  I tire of him.

Message 7 of 22 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

This thread could've pretty much been closed at the first post. 

OP, you've not missed anything. Ubisoft's writers only wrote what was most profitable. -_- An 'ending' that didn't end at all so 

that they could use that for whatever messed up and utterly contrived (ACIV) segway to the next game.

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Message 8 of 22 (265 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16511 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Be that as it may, I'm pretty freaking exited for pirates. I love pirates. I basically just don't worry about the "present day" section of the games because they really are unnecessary. They could have made these games without them.

Message 9 of 22 (261 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4219 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Be that as it may, I'm pretty freaking exited for pirates. I love pirates. I basically just don't worry about the "present day" section of the games because they really are unnecessary. They could have made these games without them.

I'm the opposite. I actually enjoy the present day story that continues in each game.

And that is why you felt you were missing something in AC3, by not playing Brotherhood and Revelations.

The journey's you go on as Desmond are fun. They made me wanting and waiting for a "present day" Assassin's Creed game, starring Desmond.

In all honesty, when Ubisoft debuted the "Watch_Dogs" gameplay at E3 last year, at first I thought it was finally a present day AC.

Glad I was a wrong. A new IP is even better.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 10 of 22 (228 Views)
0 Likes