Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

Re: Assassin's Creed 3's horrible ending

Mar 19, 2013

well, now desmund is dead (probably) and the ending of Brotherhood is just a non-ending with a bunch of references to what is now the Ac3 ending.Turns out I didnt miss anything by not playing brotherhood (which I have played and beaten it now)

Which leads me to believe they have all the ideas for the games finished story-wise, and they are just making over-priced episode type games over and over.

Message 11 of 22 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4224 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

well, now desmund is dead (probably) and the ending of Brotherhood is just a non-ending with a bunch of references to what is now the Ac3 ending.Turns out I didnt miss anything by not playing brotherhood (which I have played and beaten it now)

Which leads me to believe they have all the ideas for the games finished story-wise, and they are just making over-priced episode type games over and over.

We'll wait and see. Nobody ever really dies in a video game. I hope that wasn't the end of Desmond.

I'm hoping the voices we hear at the end of the game (about finding the pivots and syncing the Animus to the Cloud) are possibly a hint of Desmond's conscious still being "alive" somehow. Like a ghost in the machine. 

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 12 of 22 (181 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

Mar 19, 2013

ya, I remember them saying something about "get him back in the machine" or something.

But on another note...plenty of people die in video-games.

Message 13 of 22 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25210 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I understand the setup for a new game...I expected it. I predicted a revolutionary war game when Assassin's creed 2 came out. Im all for sequels.

heh, perhaps some of my lack of understanding of the plot came from me skipping brotherhood and revelations?:smileyembarrassed:

But still, its just bad writing. I dont care what its official title is, or why it happens in games. It doesnt even make sense. "we were looking for a way to save the planet, but couldnt figure out a way. But I can save it now that i've been locked up for eons, oh and I have been manipulating man-kind from my prision."  yaaaaa....THAT makes sense.

Either way..I dont recall desmond sacraficing himself. But after I did some research I guess he did die? 

So, they were looking for another apple thing at first? I really rushed the story because I rented it and didnt catch all the little details.

If you don't remember Desmond sacrificing himself, then you weren't paying attention. It wasn't something that was a "little detail", it was the climax to the story.

Message 14 of 22 (171 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

Mar 20, 2013

No, uh...I was obviously confused by the fact that I was still able to control Connor after the fact, so it made me second guess what I had just witnessed.

Message 15 of 22 (168 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25210 posts

Mar 21, 2013

In an open world game that's VERY common. inFAMOUS 2 had a similar ending where Cole sacrificed himself to save humanity, and you continued to play in the game world and play out different missions.

Message 16 of 22 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Mar 22, 2013

the ending is the only way they could leave it possible to have another game. there is still alo the assassins have done from the revoloutionary war till now. with the ending they can make a game and not make it in the animus and not have to jump back and forth even though it was a major part of the story

Message 17 of 22 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

In an open world game that's VERY common. inFAMOUS 2 had a similar ending where Cole sacrificed himself to save humanity, and you continued to play in the game world and play out different missions.

"the ending is the only way they could leave it possible to have another game. there is still alo the assassins have done from the revoloutionary war till now. with the ending they can make a game and not make it in the animus and not have to jump back and forth even though it was a major part of the story"

I know why they did it, I was just caught off guard by the fact that it contradicted what had just happened in the story.

In response to the red, no, they could have done anything really to leave it open for another game. And if they no longer have an animus...or something similar the whole thing kind of falls apart.

And with the official reveal of Black Flag as being the canonized ACIV, which takes place BEFORE AC3 (at least at the beginning) I am completely stumped as to how they are going to progress the story-line.

Message 18 of 22 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23 posts

Mar 23, 2013

So from what I gather basically Ubisoft doesn't really care about you enough to give you closure. They write just enough to make you come back, but then they laugh at you for thinking it was actually be fulfilling. It's like a girl you meet at a bar and keep buying drinks, but she never actually goes home with you even though she's sending signals like she wants to.

I am Krogan! I mean Turian. :smileyhappy:

Check out my weekly gaming blog on IGN: http://www.ign.com/blogs/djmmt

Message 19 of 22 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4224 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

"the ending is the only way they could leave it possible to have another game. there is still alo the assassins have done from the revoloutionary war till now. with the ending they can make a game and not make it in the animus and not have to jump back and forth even though it was a major part of the story"

I know why they did it, I was just caught off guard by the fact that it contradicted what had just happened in the story.

In response to the red, no, they could have done anything really to leave it open for another game. And if they no longer have an animus...or something similar the whole thing kind of falls apart.

And with the official reveal of Black Flag as being the canonized ACIV, which takes place BEFORE AC3 (at least at the beginning) I am completely stumped as to how they are going to progress the story-line.

Rumors going around were saying the main story in ACIV will be that of an Abstergo employee using the animus to create a video game. (?) If that is true, I don't know why they would slap "IV" on the title. I'm hoping there is sometime more to it. The figure we play as in the animus could take place at any time period, in my own opinion, as long as the present day story is a continuation of ACIII.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 20 of 22 (130 Views)
0 Likes