Dec 30 2013
By: XenothXIII Lombax Warrior 200 posts

Assassins Creed 3, dissapointment

12 replies 396 views Edited Dec 30, 2012

Ok, im gonna say it. AC3 is a big dissapointment. The game itself is fun, more brutal killing, bigger maps, mini games, etc. However im gonna say that it was released only half done. The game is extremely buggy, especially in New York, the free running is flawed and annoying, and the combat could use a massive patch. If these problems all got fixed the game would be perfect.

So let me explain in depth, when i say that its buggy i mean that the frame rate loves to go to hell on you after an hour of gameplay. And your character loves to fall through the map and stop randomly even though im pressing forward. The free running is also annoying, my guy is constantly jumping in directions that i dont want him to and not climbing onto objects that he clearly CAN get on. then finally the combat. Often at times when im countering my enemy it wont let me counter kill, and thats not because he's an officer. I mean that im am smashing my finger on the square button and he just stands there doing nothing, same goes for other actions like pickpocketing, and etc.. then my final complaint is that they dont give very much instructions on how things work. Nothing like being thrown into a mission and only seeing your objectives for less than a full second.

Ubisoft has once again messed up a good game by doing it half arsed

The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.
Message 1 of 13 (396 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Re: Assassins Creed 3, dissapointment

Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, I noticed those problems too.  The frame rate, combat, and free-running issues bugged me; but I mostly viewed them as minor annoyments.  The one thing that really bugged me, though, was the fact that the "full-synchronization" objectives would show up on the screen for only a second or two (and weren't reviewable in either the pause menu or on-screen, like they were the previous two games).  This resulted in me having to restart from the last checkpoint many times, just to see what the extra objective was.

AC3 was and is a great game; but I do think these issues should have been worked out before release.

Message 2 of 13 (390 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28058 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Oh well, can't please everyone.

Message 3 of 13 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Dec 30, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

While that's true, I think it's perfectly ok to point out some legitimate issues with the game.

Don't get me wrong.  Assassin's Creed III is a good game that I'll enjoy playing for a good while.  But, I do feel that it does have a few bugs which should have been fixed.

Message 4 of 13 (372 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28058 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Nascar24Dude wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

While that's true, I think it's perfectly ok to point out some legitimate issues with the game.

Don't get me wrong.  Assassin's Creed III is a good game that I'll enjoy playing for a good while.  But, I do feel that it does have a few bugs which should have been fixed.

More importantly than that, you're simply not going to like EVERY single game. There's going to be others that you like, and some people won't. Plenty of people like The Rolling Stones, I don't and I don't begrudge those who do.

I don't know where this idea in gamerdom started of "there's something wrong because I don't like a popular game", but as I've already stated, you can't please everyone.

Message 5 of 13 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Dec 31, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

While true, OP does have valid points. For AC3 being a gamed that was (supposedly) being made since after AC2, it sure was really buggy in the end. In the AC Ubi forums, some forumers would post about twitter feeds and the Dev's would say "The game is Gold! Completely finished and well polished!" and what happens? Many players (both us in PS and X360 players) hade major ocmplaints about the game's functions.

I like AC3, but there were technical flaws that did ruin the gameplay a bit (story wise I can explain something else but this is not the appropriate thread).

On a side note- I been hearing that supposedly we should be getting a new update that will add ambient music in January...something which MANY gamers find dissatisfying about the latest game. But don't quote me on that baout being true, it's only based off a thread I read recently in the AC Ubi forums Smiley Tongue

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 13 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Dec 31, 2012

More importantly than that, you're simply not going to like EVERY single game. There's going to be others that you like, and some people won't. Plenty of people like The Rolling Stones, I don't and I don't begrudge those who do.

I don't know where this idea in gamerdom started of "there's something wrong because I don't like a popular game", but as I've already stated, you can't please everyone.

It's not that I (or we) dont like the game, the things is that the game feels like it was put together half assed. There's a difference between disliking a game because of the way its made, and disliking it because of how badly it was made. I mad because it feels like they didnt put enough effort into making the game, thus giving us an unfinished title that has the potential to be something better.

The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.
Message 7 of 13 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2736 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

I wonder if you're even aware of what a **bleep** this game really was/is upon release.

Do you even know the number of bugs it had? And still has as Ubisoft has not patched everything?

My personal count (aggravatingly so) was over a hundred continuously recurring bugs/glitches, and Ubisoft has

actually managed to patch another 150 or so.

It's absurd. The game has it's amazing points, but overall, it's completely held back by the sheer number of unbelievable

corner-cutting Ubi has done to make a deadline. It's laothesome. Buggiest game I've played in the last 10 years. For real.

Holy hephing crap, did I mention the ending?!? *_* Talk about your MAJOR anti-climactic disservice to your long

awaiting fanbase Ubisoft---all because we now have been given confirmation by ACIII that you're going to dilute

this franchise til there's nothing left. -_-

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y.
Message 8 of 13 (360 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28058 posts

Dec 31, 2012

XenothXIII wrote:

It's not that I (or we) dont like the game, the things is that the game feels like it was put together half assed. There's a difference between disliking a game because of the way its made, and disliking it because of how badly it was made. I mad because it feels like they didnt put enough effort into making the game, thus giving us an unfinished title that has the potential to be something better.

And that's YOUR opinion. Again, you're going to see one thing, someone else is going to see something very different. Despite what the Great Tenets of Gamer Logic tell you, there is no absolutism when it comes to this. It's all down to OPINION.

Message 9 of 13 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Dec 31, 2012
The fact is that assassins creed is extremely buggy and many disappointed gamers want it fixed. Some people dont think its buggy because they dont care or dont notice. But facts are facts, AC3 is buggy to the point where people would like it to be fixed.
Message 10 of 13 (342 Views)
0 Likes