Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 19 2013
By: skuzzzzy Splicer 56 posts

New to Assassins creed series

6 replies 215 views Edited Jul 19, 2013

Never played any of them but the trailer looks awesome, the whole pirate theme, upgrading ships? would this be a good game for someone new to the series? or is AC one of the type of games you need to follow the entire series?

Message 1 of 7 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5315 posts

Re: New to Assassins creed series

Jul 19, 2013

Sigh.....hmmm.....

Yes and No

Yes- since each title builds on itself and will let you understand each game if you were to play em in order. It's not like uncharted where you can just pick up UC3 and does not necessairly continue from last game (UC2).

No- AC4 preceeds AC3 (You play as Edward Kenway, who is Connor's (AC3) grandfather)

The series order goes as this: AC-AC2-AC:B-AC:R-AC4:BF-AC3.

though since the predecessor games are fairly inexpensive now, I would suggest just playing through em all anways before AC4 hits.

You can try finding AC1 in your local retailer or online, the AC Ezio trilogy** which includes AC2-R, and AC3 if you can find it under 30$ go for it.

**Note that the Ezio trilogy, though it has 3 games in disc, the games AC2 and ACB must be INSTALLED into your harddrive and will require to have the trilogy disc to play any of em. ACR is the standard game that plays on the disc but even that game you still must do a game install. with all installations you will require approximately 25gb of free space.

For AC2 the 2 story chapters are included

It does NOT contain the extra addons for ACB-R

Hope this helped you out a bit :smileywink:

Batman-Why do we fall? WE fall so we can learn to get back up!
Nightwing- No! that's not true, we fall because SOMEONE pushes us. We get up....to Push Back!
N52 Nightwing 30

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 7 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 19, 2013
thanks, ill wait to play assassin creeds untill next year then. just bought tales of graces f, tales of xilla, last of us and kingdom hearts 1.5 so i got too much on my plate to go threw all of the AC's.
Message 3 of 7 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Rene_Led wrote:

Sigh.....hmmm.....

Yes and No

Yes- since each title builds on itself and will let you understand each game if you were to play em in order. It's not like uncharted where you can just pick up UC3 and does not necessairly continue from last game (UC2).

No- AC4 preceeds AC3 (You play as Edward Kenway, who is Connor's (AC3) grandfather)

The series order goes as this: AC-AC2-AC:B-AC:R-AC4:BF-AC3.

though since the predecessor games are fairly inexpensive now, I would suggest just playing through em all anways before AC4 hits.

You can try finding AC1 in your local retailer or online, the AC Ezio trilogy** which includes AC2-R, and AC3 if you can find it under 30$ go for it.

**Note that the Ezio trilogy, though it has 3 games in disc, the games AC2 and ACB must be INSTALLED into your harddrive and will require to have the trilogy disc to play any of em. ACR is the standard game that plays on the disc but even that game you still must do a game install. with all installations you will require approximately 25gb of free space.

For AC2 the 2 story chapters are included

It does NOT contain the extra addons for ACB-R

Hope this helped you out a bit :smileywink:

pretty much this, indeed, however, if you for some reason can't buy those games (like you said you did just recently bhought a bunch of games), than I suggest watching the story on youtube, there is a user, I think it's andy gilliand or something, that made movies out of all Assassin's Creed games if I am not mistaken, and in those movies he puts all the important gameplay sections, dialogue and all the cutscenes, you really need this, because if you just start with AC4 than you have no clue what these games are about, I still think you should buy them, they are great games, especially AC2, my personal favorite :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 7 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5315 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote: I still think you should buy them, they are great games, especially AC2, my personal favorite :smileyhappy:

Ah yes good point there!

Definatley consider getting at least AC2. It is also my all time favorite AC game. and fortunately in AC2, you can still understand a little bit of AC1 and some extra back story through altair's Codex. I think AC2 goes for about 10-15$ used at a gamestop :smileywink:

Batman-Why do we fall? WE fall so we can learn to get back up!
Nightwing- No! that's not true, we fall because SOMEONE pushes us. We get up....to Push Back!
N52 Nightwing 30

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 7 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Jul 29, 2013
You should start off with AC2, it is the best of the franchise IMO.

AC4 may look awesome in your eyes but remember that it's the 6th AC game so you won't understand **bleep**.
Message 6 of 7 (168 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I agree. You should start with AC2. I wasn't amused with AC1. Good thing I got it for free when I bought AC: Revelations.

Message 7 of 7 (161 Views)
0 Likes