First Son
1 posts

Re: Can B:TS run on phat ps3?

Oct 12, 2013

NO!  I am borrowing my brother's copy which worked on his PS3 slim.  Had the same issues with The Last of Us. That game also crashed on my GEN1 PS3, but works properly on my PS3 slim. I have modded the phattie to 300G and I restored file system. Just like the last of us I get almost through the prologue before it crashes and goes to the blinking red light phase.

Has anyone tried a digital download copy of the game on the first gen PS3?

My theory is it might be bad disc pressing of certain games or coding/programming. I don't feel like spending $60 to test the theory.

Other recent games that to work fine on my GEN1 PS3:

Ni No Kuni

Tales of Xillia

Batman Arkham City

Dead Island Riptide

DMC

Project Diva F

Message 11 of 14 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Oct 14, 2013
So would this be a hardware or software issue? I need to know since I'm tempted to buy a new ps3 bundled with GTAV, TLOU and B:TS.
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 12 of 14 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
852 posts

Oct 14, 2013

NightShadowOwl wrote:
So would this be a hardware or software issue? I need to know since I'm tempted to buy a new ps3 bundled with GTAV, TLOU and B:TS.

It would be some hardware issue.  Perhaps some older launch gen consoles can't handle the heat generated by running this game or they have failing powersupplies, both of which would make the system shut off.  I have a new super slim model, the one bundled with Uncharted 3 and it runs BTS normally.  I don't think the issue is with the game.

Message 13 of 14 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3252 posts

Oct 15, 2013
Been running on mine just fine.

Message 14 of 14 (123 Views)
0 Likes