Jan 04 2014
By: dh0rmazine Fender Bender 2343 posts

Did anyone notice... ?

3 replies 165 views Edited Jan 4, 2014

When attempting to sneak out of the DPA to go to the bar, we get stopped by a security guard.

This guy.

Image4.jpg

Much later on in Jodie's life, we stumble across this same guy, who we possess and take his bike (lolsorrydude)

Image3.jpg

Now, you may be saying re-used character model. Fine, that may be so. But think of this, we know that the DPA upgraded on their security at this stage in Jodie's timeline, meaning that the previous security could have been let go and thus the guy would need another job in his field. Also, the helicopter that Jodie jumped out of was on its way to the agency, and helicpters generally aren't used for long transport. So, when she jumped, it could be concluded that it wasn't far from their desitnation. I think Jodie happens to run into this guy twice :smileyvery-happy:

I thought this was kind of cool. Don't ask me why.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (165 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10746 posts

Re: Did anyone notice... ?

Jan 5, 2014

Never actually thought about it, or made the distinctive notice of the two look-alikes, but you could be right in this line of thinking. Unless that is it's the character's twin brother. Have you ever thought about that? We didn't really get a chance to hear the possessed cop speak, at least not to Cole's face again.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3947 posts

Jan 6, 2014

I noticed this right away. I thought the developers were being lazy. Or it is the same guy but after he worked at the research facility. The first time you see him is when Jodie was a teenager and the next was when see was in her twenties You would think they would portrayed another face. Yet you see this sort of thing rampant among games. Just think of Assassins Creed, every one you fight is a twin brother of the guy next to the guy you just killed.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2343 posts

Jan 6, 2014

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Never actually thought about it, or made the distinctive notice of the two look-alikes, but you could be right in this line of thinking. Unless that is it's the character's twin brother. Have you ever thought about that? We didn't really get a chance to hear the possessed cop speak, at least not to Cole's face again.

haha, yeah that's a possibility. I tried my best to zoom in on his nametag during the bar chapter, but couldn't make anything out of it. If it had said "Mike" on it then that would have sealed the deal. Since when you possess the guy to shoot his shotgun, they hell "Jesus Mike what the hell?!?"

FreshRevenge wrote:

I noticed this right away. I thought the developers were being lazy. Or it is the same guy but after he worked at the research facility. The first time you see him is when Jodie was a teenager and the next was when see was in her twenties You would think they would portrayed another face. Yet you see this sort of thing rampant among games. Just think of Assassins Creed, every one you fight is a twin brother of the guy next to the guy you just killed.

It definitely could have been a reused character model, but I just have a difficult time imagining why they would use specifically his model when there are plenty of models that we only see once (think, old friends, Black Sun, ect) that they could have easily used. It felt to me like they wanted us to notice him, but good point about the ageing (or lack thereof)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (126 Views)
0 Likes