Oct 12 2013
By: V2W0A8 First Son 20 posts

I'm a tad bit angry. (Spoilers)

[ Edited ]
10 replies 631 views Edited Oct 12, 2013

First I'd like to say that I loved just about every moment of this game. Every chapter I felt was very well done with my favourite being the Navajo level.  

I was very excited to reach the conclusion of the game and thought it was very well done. The epilogue was great, I decided that Jodie should live and create a simple life on the Ranch with Jay. I was even more thrilled when it was revealed that Aiden is still watching over her.  I got closure knowing that Jodie would live on having a normal life forevermore, it was the perfect ending.

Then it happened. Affter the scene with Aiden in the mirror the screen turned black  and I was then greeted to a short five second scene. I'm talking about the scene of the future in which Jodie stands upon a cliff with Zoey. This 5 second scene ruined the entire ending for me, not only that, it completely erased the closure I had worked for. Now I know Jodie won't stay on the ranch with Jay, now I know she wont ever have the simple life I had envisioned for her. And even worse, I don't know what will happen to her. All for a stupid 5 second scene that teases an unecessary sequel that will never happen.  :smileysad:

All my closure is gone and I now feel incredibly unfulfilled with the ending I have recieved. It is such a kick in the nuts. Does anyone else agree that this scene is stupid, unecessary, and totally ruined the feeling and closure of the ending? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (631 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9146 posts

Re: I'm a tad bit angry. (Spoilers)

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2013
Hey that's why you should never open pandoras box
>

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (600 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 13, 2013

Teus wrote:
Hey that's why you should never open pandoras box

Bah! Bah I say!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5589 posts

Oct 13, 2013
I don`t agree, by the way the story was going, it makes perfect sense, humanities curiosity would of lead to their doom in this story, the humans trying to gain control of the other side, even the Navajo chapter showed you what happens when you mess with it.

The way it ended sets things up perfectly for a sequel, plus the entire game took place before the prologue which indicates a possible sequel. Not sure if they will ever make one, but it sure sets thing up for one.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (544 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 14, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:
I don`t agree, by the way the story was going, it makes perfect sense, humanities curiosity would of lead to their doom in this story, the humans trying to gain control of the other side, even the Navajo chapter showed you what happens when you mess with it.

The way it ended sets things up perfectly for a sequel, plus the entire game took place before the prologue which indicates a possible sequel. Not sure if they will ever make one, but it sure sets thing up for one.

That's the thing though, there won't be a sequel. I'd be perfectly fine with it if there was going to be a sequel. There will not be, Quantic dream has never done a sequel for any of their games.

Now we have a set up for a sequel that will never come and no closure to Jodies story. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5589 posts

Oct 14, 2013

V2W0A8 wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

That's the thing though, there won't be a sequel. I'd be perfectly fine with it if there was going to be a sequel. There will not be, Quantic dream has never done a sequel for any of their games.

Now we have a set up for a sequel that will never come and no closure to Jodies story. 

Well, just because they have not ever done a sequel doesn't mean they won't ever,  if there if is not a sequel, then I would agree, since I would be upset by that ending if I knew there was not going to be a sequel. As far as I know, it was not confirmed if there was not going to be a sequel. I'm just saying this whole game sets up a sequel, so if they didn't plan one, then this ending would be pretty bad in my opinion.

So, I do hope they do go ahead and do a sequel, even though they havn't done one before, it just appears to me like they want to do one by the way the game went, and how all the events took place before the prologue. If a sequel doesn't come then I would agree with you, as there is no closure in the game, and it's clear the Jodie plans to fight.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Oct 17, 2013

I say they do a sequel on the PS4 and the sequel will bring the wizard from the tech demo into the game.  It makes perfect sense.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Oct 17, 2013

I actually do agree, the ending almost completly depresses you, but you cant say you didnt see it coming. There were many hints to the fact that it wasnt over,and going to stay happy. Though they could've probaly left it to our imagination to conclude it :/

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13001 posts

Oct 28, 2013

My imagination did conclude it.

Zoey ends the whole thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1633 posts

Oct 28, 2013
I loved it, and left me hoping that the ps4 game Cage is working on might be a sequel.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (349 Views)
0 Likes