Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jul 02 2013
By: HM01_Impaler Uncharted Territory 1579 posts
Offline

Lack of Activity

27 replies 479 views Edited Jul 2, 2013
I'm very surprised that this forum is not more active than it is. It has been around for about a month with only 50 posts. I believe that Beyond: Two Souls along with The Last of Us, GT6 and GTAV (even though it's multiplatform) will be remembered as the final great PS3 games. It will be one of the "Swan Songs" of PS3 and this generation. You can compare it to God of War II for PS2 or Final Fantasy IX on PS1. I thought there was more hype surrounding this game. Maybe people just don't know it's here or maybe it's just too early. But I think this forum will gain popularity before the release of the game and maintain that popularity for a while.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (479 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2841 posts
 

Re: Lack of Activity

Jul 2, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
I'm very surprised that this forum is not more active than it is. It has been around for about a month with only 50 posts. I believe that Beyond: Two Souls along with The Last of Us, GT6 and GTAV (even though it's multiplatform) will be remembered as the final great PS3 games. It will be one of the "Swan Songs" of PS3 and this generation. You can compare it to God of War II for PS2 or Final Fantasy IX on PS1. I thought there was more hype surrounding this game. Maybe people just don't know it's here or maybe it's just too early. But I think this forum will gain popularity before the release of the game and maintain that popularity for a while.

while it will be without a doubt a great game, the game is certainly not for everyone, it's great for people who are into these kind of games, but for many others it's not, even though we don't want it to be :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (476 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1579 posts
 

Re: Lack of Activity

Jul 2, 2013
^Good point. People have been telling me that about Ico for years.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (474 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2841 posts
 

Re: Lack of Activity

Jul 2, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
^Good point. People have been telling me that about Ico for years.

I think the main problem with ico and shadow of the colossus was the marketing, because later on they became both very popular, but there were so few copies of the games because they sold so badly, that even a used game sale would cost you 70$...

 

but they are both great games I heard, I was looking forward to the last guardian, but I'm afraid that one will never see the light of day :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (471 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1579 posts
 

Re: Lack of Activity

Jul 2, 2013
^ Haha I just try to forget about The Last Guardian. Ico and SotC are two of my top 10 favorite games of all-time (I prefer Ico). I'm just so eager to get my hands on The Last Guardian. 7 years after it's announcement, here we are. No news at the most recent E3. Not good.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (469 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2841 posts
 

Re: Lack of Activity

Jul 2, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
^ Haha I just try to forget about The Last Guardian. Ico and SotC are two of my top 10 favorite games of all-time (I prefer Ico). I'm just so eager to get my hands on The Last Guardian. 7 years after it's announcement, here we are. No news at the most recent E3. Not good.

if it's not at Tokyo Game Show before the PS4 launch than I officially consider it canceled :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (467 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1579 posts
 

Re: Lack of Activity

Jul 2, 2013
^ Sounds fair to me. I at least want Team Ico to personally announce what they are up to and an explanation for The Last Guardian. I think they owe it to us all. It's incredible how this game has taken so long. You can say that you can't rush art. But then I think of Naughty Dog, who has been putting out new games at least every 2 two years for like the last 15 years. The first Jak and Daxter (2 and 3 weren't bad though), the Uncharted trilogy (especially 2), and The Last of Us are among my favorite games. Team Ico has been around since the PS1 era and they have made two games. Yes, the PS1 era. Ico was originally supposed to be for PS1. However, it was taking too long, so halfway through production of the game they had to convert it to a PS2 game. I'm just so frustrated with Team Ico. I wish Sony would step in and make them do something.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2841 posts
 

Re: Lack of Activity

Jul 2, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
^ Sounds fair to me. I at least want Team Ico to personally announce what they are up to and an explanation for The Last Guardian. I think they owe it to us all. It's incredible how this game has taken so long. You can say that you can't rush art. But then I think of Naughty Dog, who has been putting out new games at least every 2 two years for like the last 15 years. The first Jak and Daxter (2 and 3 weren't bad though), the Uncharted trilogy (especially 2), and The Last of Us are among my favorite games. Team Ico has been around since the PS1 era and they have made two games. Yes, the PS1 era. Ico was originally supposed to be for PS1. However, it was taking too long, so halfway through production of the game they had to convert it to a PS2 game. I'm just so frustrated with Team Ico. I wish Sony would step in and make them do something.

yeah I heard Santa Monica is helping them now, but that's just a rumor...

 

and indeed Naughty Dog games are fantastic, Naughty Dog is my favorite developer, with Sucker Punch as a close second :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (456 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1579 posts
 

Re: Lack of Activity

Jul 2, 2013
^ I do like Sucker Punch. The original Sly trilogy and InFAMOUS are great. InFAMOUS: Second Son was easily one of my top 3 games from E3 this year with MGSV and Kingdom Hearts III
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (454 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2841 posts
 

Re: Lack of Activity

Jul 3, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
^ I do like Sucker Punch. The original Sly trilogy and InFAMOUS are great. InFAMOUS: Second Son was easily one of my top 3 games from E3 this year with MGSV and Kingdom Hearts III

infamous second son looks great indeed, however I'm not a fan of MGS5 and KH3, just not my type of games...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (450 Views)
Reply
0 Likes