Jul 3, 2013
^ Yeah. I can understand that.
Message 11 of 28 (287 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11540 posts

Re: Lack of Activity

Jul 3, 2013

While Beyond: Two Souls will be one of the final games PlayStation 3 gamers can embark on before swapping out their console connectivity time with the PlayStation 4, there was more games to offer on both the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 beyond their years.

Speaking of the activity of the forum, on the other hand... not all games have extremely thriving communities. Just look at Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch or the Tomb Raider section. Even Tomb Raider had its own section at one point, but since the relaunch there's approximately 400 posts in that section today. The same can be said about Ni no Kuni.

Some sections on these forums are bursting with life while others never reach anything near that amount. The Heavy Rain boards may have accumulated over 11,000 posts in their time, but the area has definitely slowed in all the years since its creation. We're more likely to experience a various range of discussions and questions about Beyond: Two Souls once the game hits stores. Until then we've not quite reached the goal for 100 posts, but it's possible that we'll get there by Summer's end.

Message 12 of 28 (285 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26925 posts

Jul 4, 2013

I think this is going to be one of those games that goes right over the heads of "gamers". We see what the majority of the gaming community likes; and that's blowing the living hell out of things in a moral vacuum. This looks more cerberal, and more engaging. If anyone remembers L.A. Noire, that was another one that gamers didn't get, but it had that same cereberal vibe to it.

Message 13 of 28 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Btw one more thing... would anyone here like to recommend Heavy Rain to me? I have been wanting to get it. Please tell me your thoughts on the game if you are familiar with it at all
Message 14 of 28 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2871 posts

Jul 5, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
Btw one more thing... would anyone here like to recommend Heavy Rain to me? I have been wanting to get it. Please tell me your thoughts on the game if you are familiar with it at all

that depends on what games you like, Heavy Rain is all about the story, if you want to have deep gameplay and a lot of exploration, Heavy Rain will not be the game for you, however if you are looking for an amazing story, Heavy Rain is a must have Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 28 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jul 5, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:

Should be pretty cheap nowadays, it's pretty much what Mathis said, however if you can't find it anywhere, definitely try out Telltale's The Walking Dead instead. Im not even sure which one I like better tbh... both are sooo **bleep** cool! If you're bit broke atm, you can always watch a lets play on youtube. Heavy Rain doesn't have that much in terms of gameplay so you get almost the same experience from watching a lets play... if you got some spare cash, definitely buy it to support Quantic Dream for making such awesome games though.

Message 16 of 28 (259 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Jul 5, 2013

That's a pretty accurate explanation. For me the game is one of the 10 best of this generation. But it isn't for everyone, the game is very much about the story and the gameplay is designed around it. Same goes for The Walking Dead. I would definitely check out Heavy Rain though, especially if you are thinking about Beyond later. Heavy Rain will get you familiar with the way Quantic Dream does things and prepare you a lot for what to expect with Beyond: Two Souls. As for Beyond, I consider it to be the swan song for PS3. It has received about as much press as The Last of Us (even if it may be slightly less anticipated). MGSV, ACIV and CoD: Ghosts are more PS4 games than PS3, GT6 and GTAV are also both expected to arrive on PS4 at some point, so I see Beyond as the last true PS3 game.

Message 17 of 28 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2848 posts

Jul 7, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

While Beyond: Two Souls will be one of the final games PlayStation 3 gamers can embark on before swapping out their console connectivity time with the PlayStation 4, there was more games to offer on both the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 beyond their years.

Speaking of the activity of the forum, on the other hand... not all games have extremely thriving communities. Just look at Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch or the Tomb Raider section. Even Tomb Raider had its own section at one point, but since the relaunch there's approximately 400 posts in that section today. The same can be said about Ni no Kuni.

Some sections on these forums are bursting with life while others never reach anything near that amount. The Heavy Rain boards may have accumulated over 11,000 posts in their time, but the area has definitely slowed in all the years since its creation. We're more likely to experience a various range of discussions and questions about Beyond: Two Souls once the game hits stores. Until then we've not quite reached the goal for 100 posts, but it's possible that we'll get there by Summer's end.

Most people who are Tomb Raider fans probably just post on the official Tomb Raider forum.

Message 18 of 28 (247 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3349 posts

Jul 14, 2013
Hi

I personally think that forum activity decreases naturally during the summer so I am not surprised at the lack of posting. I'm sure we'll see more activity as BBQ season cools down and people start parking in front of PS3 and computer more
Message 19 of 28 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:

My personal opinion:

Heavy Rain is the best title on the PS3.

Basically Heavy Rain is a story driven adventure game where you take control of a few characters where your choices deliver different endings.

I'd highly recommend anything Quantic Dream have produced. Everything they released has been of high quality and excellent gaming experiences.

Unrelated, this forum is empty because everyone is waiting on the PS4. That's possibly why this game will go over everyone's heads, wrong system to be releasing on that near the date.

Message 20 of 28 (181 Views)
0 Likes