Dec 22 2013
By: immyb13 Lombax Warrior 177 posts
Accepted Solution

Should I get this game?

4 replies 159 views Edited Dec 22, 2013

Hey guys

Ive been doing some research on games to get and I came across Beyond two souls, I have played Heavy Rain which is the makers of this BTS. I played the demo for about 15 min and it seems pretty interesting to me but all in all is it intense? do you get attached to the characters? Good story mode? Simple questions lol 
The Last Of Us is the game I beat twice already and its absolutely fantastic, loved both of the characters like crazy, is this game like that?
I love games that you gets into their emotions and makes you feel like you're them for the time being. 
Thanks in advance :smileyhappy: 

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10462 posts

Re: Should I get this game?

Dec 22, 2013

I'd say that Beyond: Two Souls is worth it. You won't have control over as many characters as you did in Heavy Rain, but the story is one that visits a wide variety of characters you'll care about throughout the divided chapters of Jodie Holmes's life.

The Last of Us has an interesting plot to dig into, but naturally these are two different kinds of experiences. Where The Last of Us finds its way around survival of the undead and against the living, Beyond: Two Souls is more about the afterlife and its affect on the living. Beyond: Two Souls is one of the year's best games. Go get 'er. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Dec 22, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

I'd say that Beyond: Two Souls is worth it. You won't have control over as many characters as you did in Heavy Rain, but the story is one that visits a wide variety of characters you'll care about throughout the divided chapters of Jodie Holmes's life.

The Last of Us has an interesting plot to dig into, but naturally these are two different kinds of experiences. Where The Last of Us finds its way around survival of the undead and against the living, Beyond: Two Souls is more about the afterlife and its affect on the living. Beyond: Two Souls is one of the year's best games. Go get 'er. :smileywink:

Why thank you kindsir for the information :smileyhappy:

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jan 2, 2014

immyb13 wrote:

Hey guys

Ive been doing some research on games to get and I came across Beyond two souls, I have played Heavy Rain which is the makers of this BTS. I played the demo for about 15 min and it seems pretty interesting to me but all in all is it intense? do you get attached to the characters? Good story mode? Simple questions lol 
The Last Of Us is the game I beat twice already and its absolutely fantastic, loved both of the characters like crazy, is this game like that?
I love games that you gets into their emotions and makes you feel like you're them for the time being. 
Thanks in advance :smileyhappy: 

I've played Heavy Rain, and in a lot of ways I like this game better. Having only one main character (Aiden is more of an asset to me) is a lot easier for me to form attachmetn to, in my opinion.

It's not all that intense, but you are always on alert for something to happen, either human conflict or supernatural.

I would have preferred if they did the story in order rather than hopping around in age, but they did so so that you have a balance between intense scenes and more relaxed ones, and also to break up the age group. I believe you can play the chapters in order after, though.

The story has it's flaws, certainly, but I think you'll be pleased. Jodie reminds me of Ellie if she grew up into her 20's, and has the same graphical beauty that The Last of Us had.  I would get it, but used if you can since it's cheaper. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jan 6, 2014

It's a great game. It's not on the level of The Last of Us, and it's a different kind of game altogether really, but it is 100% worth playing.

The game has had alot of critism hurled at it, but it's misguided critisism. Essentially people are knocking it for being a very cinematic story driven experience with less emphasis on gameplay. The thing is video games can be whatever they want to be. Instead of assessing it on how good the game is at being what it's trying to be, some critics have decided these types of games shouldn't exist at all, which they have no right to do.

It's like me, someone who hates sports games, knocking a sports game because... it's a sports game. Makes no sense whatsoever, but that's what people have done.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes