Oct 14 2013
By: MrSeival First Son 7 posts

This game is amazing!

[ Edited ]
7 replies 238 views Edited Oct 14, 2013

Beyond: Two Souls is the best story I've ever seen, read, or played. When I finished my first playthrough, I applauded. Literally.

Before, I was quite sceptical about "interactive movie" genre. Now, I believe this is the best way to create really amazing stories. Common game genres just uncapable of creating such immersion level. Even The Last of Us isn't as good at it as Beyond: Two Souls.

First of all, I enjoyed the story of course. The idea of the story, scenario, actors' work, music, sound effects, graphics, everything was just brilliant! And even minimum gameplay was very interesting, because all interactions were logical and corresponded to the actions in the game very well.

Big respect to everyone, who made this big story, and made it so real.

P.S. I believe the story has great potential for future sequels. Not just because of the ending scene. Because of the ideas of which the story consists, and how exactly these ideas are shown. There are so many things devs can tell within the Beyond: Two Souls concept. Things, that can make the story even greater than it already is.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (238 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1633 posts

Re: This game is amazing!

Oct 15, 2013
On my second playthrough. I agree. These games are polarizing....but I love it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2343 posts

Oct 15, 2013

Agreed. I have to admit I did tear up multiple times during this game, it got to me more than The Last of Us did which is really saying something for me. I've seen a lot of people say that this game should have just been a movie, but I can't see how that makes sense. Having the choice of what to do in specific situations, and deciding where to go and what to do next is what makes this beautiful story really come to life.

I didn't play Heavy Rain unfortunately but man, this game was really something else for me. I wasn't expecting to get that emotionally attached.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (213 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7845 posts

Oct 24, 2013

Woah, now. Better than The Last of Us? :smileytongue:

I will say that I enjoyed this game VERY much. It's one of very few games that has actually made me want to pursue the Platinum (working on my Duo Mode playthrough now), and that's saying a lot. Honestly, the only other game that had me this gung-ho about the Platinum was Heavy Rain, which I never got due to losing ALL my save info when my fat PS3 got the YLOD. I still definitely intend on revisiting it one of these days, though.

I'll admit that I did have some reservations towards the beginning of the game regarding the story, but as I progressed I enjoyed it more and more. The ending sealed it for me. I had doubts that they would be able to tie everyghing up, but the ending literally makes EVERYTHING make sense. There were other areas that could have been inproved- mainly some strange graphical hiccups, and the fact that this game would have been even better had you been given a bit more freedom with Aiden. Aside from that, I loved my experience and looks forward to seeing all the different endings and experiences during my hunt for the Platinum.

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X HD, inFAMOUS: Second Son
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3909 posts

Oct 24, 2013

Agreed, OP. I loved this game too.

I haven't touched it since completing it, mainly because I wanted to play GTAO, but also because I just wanted let it sink in. I jumped back into "Heavy Rain" too soon and played the crap out of that game -- to the point that I didn't ever want to look at it again. :smileytongue:

I want to go back and play through BTS again (with different decisions)... just not yet.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
27925 posts

Oct 24, 2013

Beyond is a good game. There are moments that I thought was unnecessary (Navajo) and slowed the game down too much but overall, I enjoyed it. I got the game on Monday and just got the platinum last night/this morining. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2343 posts

Oct 25, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

Beyond is a good game. There are moments that I thought was unnecessary (Navajo) and slowed the game down too much but overall, I enjoyed it. I got the game on Monday and just got the platinum last night/this morining. 

I couldn't agree more about the Navajo chapter. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was very well done, but for such a long chapter, it didn't affect me as any real transforming moment in Jodie's life as opposed to the other chapters.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
466 posts

Oct 29, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

I couldn't agree more about the Navajo chapter. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was very well done, but for such a long chapter, it didn't affect me as any real transforming moment in Jodie's life as opposed to the other chapters.

If anything it made her potentially see her link with Aiden more as a gift than a curse as she stated.

And yeah this chapter was very well done, vivid colors and some really amazing effect with the sandstorm, really enjoyed it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (97 Views)
0 Likes