Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4027 posts

Re: Would you be happier if Beyond: Two Souls were a PlayStation 4 game instead?

Aug 22, 2013

Say from what we have seen so far; if they said it was going on the PS4 instead of the PS3. Would it matter? People pysche themselves to thinking that PS4 means better. But the game is overall a great game and doesn't need to be on the PS4. Plus the game is designed for PS3 specification and not a PS4!

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13266 posts

Re: Would you be happier if Beyond: Two Souls were a PlayStation 4 game instead?

Aug 25, 2013

I would be much happier if it was a PS4 title.

I think this game is going to suffer bad sales because of the PS4 and this game being so close to each other in terms of release dates.

I was always buying this game. I paid for it last year.

This is the one game coming out this year that actually deserves to sell and sell so well that it becomes the biggest seller of the year.

Unfortunately as time goes on I see less pushing from Sony. What was that at Gamescom? 3 second announcement of it existing? GT6 got like 7 minutes?

Yeah. If this game fails it's all on Sony's bad advertising and bad release date and also wrong console to have it on and if Quantic Dream end up with Microsoft thats where I end up too.

So many ands there....

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I think this game is going to suffer bad sales because of the PS4 and this game being so close to each other in terms of release dates.

This is the one game coming out this year that actually deserves to sell and sell so well that it becomes the biggest seller of the year.

Unfortunately as time goes on I see less pushing from Sony. What was that at Gamescom? 3 second announcement of it existing? GT6 got like 7 minutes?

Yeah. If this game fails it's all on Sony's bad advertising and bad release date and also wrong console to have it on and if Quantic Dream end up with Microsoft thats where I end up too.

So many ands there....

I disagree, GT6 didn't get any attention at the e3 presser if I'm not mistaken, but Beyond Two Souls did get a trailer, this time it was simlpy the other way around, but yeah, marketing has never been Sony's strong point...

I don't think Quantic Dream will go to Microsoft, it's already confirmed that QD has a ps4 exclusive in the works...

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13266 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

So many ands there....

I disagree, GT6 didn't get any attention at the e3 presser if I'm not mistaken, but Beyond Two Souls did get a trailer, this time it was simlpy the other way around, but yeah, marketing has never been Sony's strong point...

I don't think Quantic Dream will go to Microsoft, it's already confirmed that QD has a ps4 exclusive in the works...

GT6 doesn't need it though. As much as I hate GT.. It's going to sell well without any pushing.

Many people are simply confused by Beyond judging from IGN boards and so on.

The stuff they need to be pushing they aren't pushing at all.

Knack, Beyond, Driveclub - Everything else is fine without the pushing. Pushing Killzone isn't going to help. Killzone already has it's established base. Pushing Infamous wont help for the same reason.

They need to push the fresh new titles over the old ones with established fanbases.

I'm biased a little I'd rather see them open every conference with Quantic Dream games.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

So many ands there....

GT6 doesn't need it though. As much as I hate GT.. It's going to sell well without any pushing.

Many people are simply confused by Beyond judging from IGN boards and so on.

The stuff they need to be pushing they aren't pushing at all.

Knack, Beyond, Driveclub - Everything else is fine without the pushing. Pushing Killzone isn't going to help. Killzone already has it's established base. Pushing Infamous wont help for the same reason.

They need to push the fresh new titles over the old ones with established fanbases.

I'm biased a little I'd rather see them open every conference with Quantic Dream games.

yeah, I understand what you're saying, but I showing it at a conference isn't going to do much, I mean, everyone who watches those conferences is already into gaming and has heard of beyond two souls I'm sure, people who don't game much and only buy established franchises they've heard of via others are not going to watch those press conferences, I think Sony just need to do some better marketing, I never see first party titles ads on TV for instance, I have seen them for third party titles...

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 30, 2013

interesting thread! actualy. soorry I have nothing to say LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 30, 2013

I find myself indifferent; on one hand it'd be nice to have the game for a brand new console due to the anticipated longevity of said console, but on the other hand I don't mind having it for my Ps3 -- it'll just give me another reason to continue using it.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 31, 2013

I am delighted that Quantic has decided to release Beyond on the PS 3. 

I have been enjoying Quantic's stories ( I won't say games since clearly they are not) since Indigo Prophecy (on the PS 2) and will continue to do so long after Beyond's release. On whatever system / console they release on.

I think having the chance to enjoy these titles is enough for this ol' gamer regardless of which gen it's released for. While I will be purchasing a PS 4, I don't think graphics matter for stories like this. Drama is compelling based on the characters, not just what they look like. While the graphical enhancement might be visually more appealing it is the writing which brings these characters to life. I'm sure we've all played great games on earlier consoles with less graphical power and still to this day they occasionally cross our minds or weave themselves into conversations we have with friends. Remember FF7, Biohazzard (Resident Evil) , Metal Gear Solid etc.... 

Not everything needs to be released for the next gen consoles. We should be content they are being told for our enjoyment. 

For that I thank the staff at Quantic with a special thanks to David Cage for taking the time it takes to create these wonderful worlds we play in.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13266 posts

Aug 31, 2013

JKendal wrote:

I have been enjoying Quantic's stories ( I won't say games since clearly they are not) since Indigo Prophecy (on the PS 2) and will continue to do so long after Beyond's release. On whatever system / console they release on.

I think having the chance to enjoy these titles is enough for this ol' gamer regardless of which gen it's released for. While I will be purchasing a PS 4, I don't think graphics matter for stories like this. Drama is compelling based on the characters, not just what they look like. While the graphical enhancement might be visually more appealing it is the writing which brings these characters to life. I'm sure we've all played great games on earlier consoles with less graphical power and still to this day they occasionally cross our minds or weave themselves into conversations we have with friends. Remember FF7, Biohazzard (Resident Evil) , Metal Gear Solid etc.... 

Not everything needs to be released for the next gen consoles. We should be content they are being told for our enjoyment. 

For that I thank the staff at Quantic with a special thanks to David Cage for taking the time it takes to create these wonderful worlds we play in.

This should be for PS4 and PS3 though, for the timeframe many people will elect to miss out to buy an extra PS4 game which is sad.

You should try Omikron though. That game was good too. I believe that was QD's first game.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Sep 1, 2013

JKendal wrote:

if you ask me Quantic Dream games have better gameplay than any first person shooter...

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (78 Views)
0 Likes