Jan 16 2010
By: jackattack1398 I Only Post Everything 1251 posts

Batman Arkham Asylum Multiplayer?

16 replies 20 views Edited Jan 16, 2010
It seems today that almost all hit games have multiplayer. i doubt that Multiplayer for BAA2 would end up happening but would think it would be succesful or not. (this isn't the type of online that is in BAA) maybe you could put like 10 different batman's within one large area and try to find and incapacitate them. or you could do a team deathmath type of thing with the large area kind of thing. what do you guys think?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Multiplayer?

Jan 16, 2010
No way, for that to work, it would have to be a fighting game. Couldn't make it work.
# 1 Zelda fan.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2172 posts

Jan 16, 2010
no. it will not work.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Jan 16, 2010
The only way I feel multiplayer would work is in a somewhat of a survival mode where you fight off thugs and or crazies.  In this mode you'd be able to customize your charaxter with clothes and physical features of those in the batman universe
I miss cyd :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (20 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Jan 16, 2010
In my opinion, the first game had a perfect set-up. The Challenge Rooms were a great way to get away from the story and just beat the heck out of enemies or stealthy take them out. Multiplayer definitely isn't needed. I think that Rocksteady should keep the same outline for the sequel and not jump on the this-game-needs-a-multiplayer-portion-in-order-to-be-"better" bandwagon.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jan 18, 2010

Challenge mode was boring as crap when you compared it to the story and multiplayers from other games.

I think challenge mode should still be there, it's a decent mode for a little while. Play as the Joker should also come with the game itself, not as DLC, and provide some medals for that. Then add something similair and make it multiplayer, as suggested earlier, survival maybe, something to do with stealth. I think objective based could also work, and may actually be the better option. Or solving special riddler challenges could be fun as a multiplayer. The possibilities are endless.

It's needed to add longevity. I bought AA and returned it in a week after completing the story and doing challenges for a few days, and got my money back since there's nothing worth doing after the story is completed on hard. Challenge mode just isn't good enough, it's just far too repetitive.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6080 posts

Jan 18, 2010
It sounds like story driven 10 hour action adventure games aren't for you Don.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (20 Views)
Sackboy
561 posts

Jan 18, 2010
- dont think it would work....there is only one batman.....the challenge rooms did good enough job of adding soemthing extra....if anything, since it seems the game gonna take place in gothem, they just need to have random bad guys walking around the city after you beat the game, i.e infamous......and add side quests you can do that arent apart of the main story line....
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jan 18, 2010

@Neon: Just a thought mate, I will be buying this game regardless, so I'd like for it to be as good as possible.

@whatever: Ooh, bad guys running around would be annoying IMO if you're still looking for Riddler riddles or whatever. I didn't like that feature in inFamous, create a new game and knock out baddies there instead if you'd like it like that. Though the fact that there is only one Batman is a very valid point. I dunno, maybe the guys at Rocksteady can come up with something amazing.

Message Edited by thedon555 on 01-18-2010 03:22 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4841 posts

Jan 18, 2010
This game will be weird as assassin creed going muliplayer just because this is not the type of game you would play online and don't think it would do to good since everyone likes shooter games online and most games online are  shooter games ..
♣♦

The Realm Of AnarchY

♠♥
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (20 Views)
0 Likes