Apr 09 2013
By: johngie PlayStation MVP 10753 posts

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Vita

[ Edited ]
7 replies 269 views Edited Apr 9, 2013

Alongside the announcement of Arkham Origins for the home consoles was the fact that the 3DS and Vita would be getting their own Batman game. IGN says:

" Alongside the console game though, Warner Bros. has also announced a handheld title, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The game, which will be released on PS Vita and 3DS again on October 25. It's set after the events of Arkham Origins and is being developed by Armature Studio, the company that was founded by several of the brains behind the Metroid Prime trilogy. With this in mind, it's not too surprising to find it described as a "2.5-D Metroid-style exploration action game"."

Color me disappointed. Could still be good though, but I'd rather have a full open world Batman game, as well as have whatever Arkham City hinted at sorted out in a full console game.

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Vita

Apr 9, 2013
I think it's a waste of money, Castlevania went from 3D to 2.5D on the 3DS and Fail, this game will fail too as well, unless......magic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (260 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10753 posts

Apr 9, 2013
We can't really say it's a waste of anything yet, seeing as nothing at all is known about the game besides that paragraph I posted.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 9, 2013

johngie wrote:
We can't really say it's a waste of anything yet, seeing as nothing at all is known about the game besides that paragraph I posted.

True, but most game that get a 2.5D Plaforming Game based on the console version fail alot, haven't we learn from anything of the old Spiderman and Batman 2.5D games?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I'm excited for new Arkham games!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (230 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3909 posts

Apr 9, 2013

johngie wrote:

Alongside the announcement of Arkham Origins for the home consoles was the fact that the 3DS and Vita would be getting their own Batman game. IGN says:

" Alongside the console game though, Warner Bros. has also announced a handheld title, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The game, which will be released on PS Vita and 3DS again on October 25. It's set after the events of Arkham Origins and is being developed by Armature Studio, the company that was founded by several of the brains behind the Metroid Prime trilogy. With this in mind, it's not too surprising to find it described as a "2.5-D Metroid-style exploration action game"."

Color me disappointed. Could still be good though, but I'd rather have a full open world Batman game, as well as have whatever Arkham City hinted at sorted out in a full console game.

I'm sure we will get that, in time. Since this "prequel" is being done in-house by Warner Bros. Montreal, I'm hoping Rocksteady comes back and does the sequel to Arkham City, for PS4/NextBox.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Apr 10, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

I'm sure we will get that, in time. Since this "prequel" is being done in-house by Warner Bros. Montreal, I'm hoping Rocksteady comes back and does the sequel to Arkham City, for PS4/NextBox.

FYI - Rocksteady is working on a Silver Age Batman game.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Well I actually like the CastleVania 2.5D Mirror of Fate game on the 3DS. It's a lot of fun and it got some good reviews from critics as well. It's bad to start judging something before it's even out. I'll keep an open mind to this Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate game. I pray it is executed well because it could actually turning to be a memoriable game.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (206 Views)
0 Likes