Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Re: Have not bought any Arkham yet...

Oct 19, 2012

FrescanteBozak wrote:
As others have mentioned, both games are incredible. You don't have to be a Batman fan to appreciate the game play and story. If you are a fan, then you'll appreciate the attention to detail that Paul Dini put into writing this game. Highly recommend that both titles find a place in your library.

Are you kidding me? I swear Paul Dini just slammed his head onto a keyboard and said "That's the story"

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Oct 19, 2012

For the OP

Arkham Asylum is undoubtedly the greatest comic book/licensed/superhero video game of all time, I urge you to purchase it immediately. Arkham City is a mess, however. An uninspired clusterf*ck where narrative is concerned, not a worthy sequel at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (485 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Oct 19, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

For the OP

Arkham Asylum is undoubtedly the greatest comic book/licensed/superhero video game of all time, I urge you to purchase it immediately. Arkham City is a mess, however. An uninspired clusterf*ck where narrative is concerned, not a worthy sequel at all.

AHA, some solid criticism.  This is good to know.

Now if I can find a used version of Arkham Asylum, I am in business.  Have had a lot of trouble of late trying to find one of these, outside Amazon.  I don't do much online shopping, and would rather go to a store.

I will probably wait to get City for real cheap then.  I think I saw it at Rip Off Stop, used for $13.00 though.  I just wondered, mostly, if it was better to get the first before the second.  I will most likely be getting Asylum though.

As well, my sister played City and recently told me; after hours of playing it, she got to the end, and it blew.  That was her opinion, at least.

Thank you again to everyone.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (473 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Oct 20, 2012
I'd still get City if I were you though. The story is definitely not as great as Asylum, but it's not bad by any means. The gameplay and soundtrack are also improved, and the open-world aspect is tons of fun. It'll also last you a lot longer if you plan on getting the Platinum, so it's more value for money.

Just my two cents. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
727 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

FrescanteBozak wrote:
As others have mentioned, both games are incredible. You don't have to be a Batman fan to appreciate the game play and story. If you are a fan, then you'll appreciate the attention to detail that Paul Dini put into writing this game. Highly recommend that both titles find a place in your library.

Are you kidding me? I swear Paul Dini just slammed his head onto a keyboard and said "That's the story"

Really dude? So the story in your opinion sucks? Interesting, I'd like to see what you do think is a good story. Tetris maybe? Honestly though, to each his own. I loved the game, but not everyone will however small that contingent is.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
727 posts

Oct 22, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

For the OP

Now if I can find a used version of Arkham Asylum, I am in business.  Have had a lot of trouble of late trying to find one of these, outside Amazon.  I don't do much online shopping, and would rather go to a store.

I will probably wait to get City for real cheap then.  I think I saw it at Rip Off Stop, used for $13.00 though.  I just wondered, mostly, if it was better to get the first before the second.  I will most likely be getting Asylum though.

As well, my sister played City and recently told me; after hours of playing it, she got to the end, and it blew.  That was her opinion, at least.

Moble

You can listen to anyone's opinion, but the only one that matters is yours. Just by inquiring about them, and coming to the conclusion of buying them obviously means you're interested in playing both. There's a reason AC was considered a GOTY, and not because the game sucked. Again, make your own conclusions by playing it for yourself. I doubt you'll be disappointed, unlike the small minority.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (449 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Oct 22, 2012

FrescanteBozak wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

For the OP

Moble

You can listen to anyone's opinion, but the only one that matters is yours. Just by inquiring about them, and coming to the conclusion of buying them obviously means you're interested in playing both. There's a reason AC was considered a GOTY, and not because the game sucked. Again, make your own conclusions by playing it for yourself. I doubt you'll be disappointed, unlike the small minority.

I agree, and that is always the obvious.  I am only looking for the feedback.  I thought it refreshing though, someone in the Batman Arkham topic actually had feedback that was not overly positive.  I felt it refreshing that someone could have the alternate opinion to most.  I always make my own decisions, for my own reasons in the end, but I do like to do research and get feedback.  This way, I have a better basis to decide, other than just looking at screen shots, and the cover of the game box.

Thank you for your opinions as well.  I appreciate everyone's opinion.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

FrescanteBozak wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

FrescanteBozak wrote:

Really dude? So the story in your opinion sucks? Interesting, I'd like to see what you do think is a good story. Tetris maybe? Honestly though, to each his own. I loved the game, but not everyone will however small that contingent is.

It's not my opinion that the story is a botched mess, it's an objective fact. Anyone who says otherwise is oblivious, blindly infatuated, falsely content.... You get it. The plethora of plot holes, uncreativity, p*ss poor script, meager length, senseless events, illegitimate protagonist, and the sheer imbalance of plot threads coupled with their bizarre intervals equate to an atrocity that irrefutably  failed to live up to its potential. For a sequel to Arkham Asylum, all the enhancements made were merely superficial. 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Oct 23, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

FrescanteBozak wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

FrescanteBozak wrote:

It's not my opinion that the story is a botched mess, it's an objective fact. Anyone who says otherwise is oblivious, blindly infatuated, falsely content.... You get it. The plethora of plot holes, uncreativity, p*ss poor script, meager length, senseless events, illegitimate protagonist, and the sheer imbalance of plot threads coupled with their bizarre intervals equate to an atrocity that irrefutably  failed to live up to its potential. For a sequel to Arkham Asylum, all the enhancements made were merely superficial. 

Are you sure you're familiar with the definition of the word 'opinion'? 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (425 Views)
Wastelander
727 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

FrescanteBozak wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

FrescanteBozak wrote:

I think I would change that to subjective opinion. Otherwise please provide a link to this "fact".

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (422 Views)