Oct 12 2009
By: mrmartymcfly Lombax Warrior 147 posts

Slight Boss Disappointment ***Spoilers***

18 replies 51 views Edited Oct 12, 2009

Is it just me or did it seem like the boss fights were just a hair too easy

I mean I get zasz and bane are early in the game and should therefore be easier

but you don't even fight Harley and croc is moreso a puzzle than an actual fight

once you get on the titans back thats pretty much done and joker was just a big freeflow arena

i mean the joker looked awesome jacked up on titan and you dont even really fight him that sucks

personally I thought Ivy was a lil difficult and the scarecrow puzzles were pretty fun but I guess I expected

a lil too much I think the real challenges were the rooms filled with armed goons

what do you guys think?

No Red Rings Just Blu Ray.
Message 1 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6080 posts

Re: Slight Boss Disappointment ***Spoilers***

Oct 12, 2009

I don't mind them. They are more like encounters that Batman has with them rather than fights. It would have been disappointing in my opinion if all the bosses were basically super henchmen that you had to kick, punch, and dodge your way to victory. I thought the cinematic take on all his enemies made things fresh. Even if they were extremely easy.

Message Edited by NeonReaver on 10-12-2009 07:09 PM
Message 2 of 19 (51 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Oct 13, 2009
I totally agree with you. I thought all the "boss" fights were pretty weak, to say the least. Wait till a charge came on; chunk a batarang, let them crash into whatever, lay a couple of hits on them, rinse and repeat. Ivy was just stupid simple. All you had to do was walk from side to side to miss the blasts and vines, chunk a batarang, and slap some goons around. I remember seeing croc in the opening and thinking "holy crap, I am not looking forward to that fight", only to have it where you don't really do anything with croc as an enemy. I really liked the game my first playthrough, and started a second before I really took notice of some of the short comings this game has. I think the most challenging part of the game is finding all of the riddler's puzzles.                  
Message 3 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7484 posts

Oct 13, 2009

I agree

Message 4 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Oct 13, 2009
i thinkthey tried a more cinematic approach
I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Oct 13, 2009

I don't hate the cinematic approach but where is the difficulty

after a boss fight I want to feel that satisfaction of overcoming a hurdle

and moving into the next tier of the story

I think by far the most formidable "boss" if you will is the riddler

his challenges are truly a... Well for lack of a better word, challenge

I would have definitely liked to really fight the joker as a titan

instead of fighting goons and then only pulling him down

don't get me wrong the story was awesome and the freeflow was amazing

but it lacked a really epic fight

No Red Rings Just Blu Ray.
Message 6 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28459 posts

Oct 13, 2009

NeonReaver wrote:

I don't mind them. They are more like encounters that Batman has with them rather than fights. It would have been disappointing in my opinion if all the bosses were basically super henchmen that you had to kick, punch, and dodge your way to victory. I thought the cinematic take on all his enemies made things fresh. Even if they were extremely easy.

The other thing is that if you read Batman on a regular basis, yes he's highly trained at unarmed combat. However, he uses his BRAIN, not his fists. He always finds a way to out wit his opponents. 

If you're thinking this is Mortal Kombat where it's just going to be a slugfest, then you're in for a let down. Batman gets in their heads and THEN he strikes when he had the advantage. 

Message 7 of 19 (51 Views)
Splicer
91 posts

Oct 14, 2009
The boss fights in my opinion were easy, scarecrow's gazes were annoying but it was actually easy too.  I was expecting a better boss fight with Killer Croc and the Joker
Message 8 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 30, 2009

CaptainAlbator wrote:

NeonReaver wrote:

The other thing is that if you read Batman on a regular basis, yes he's highly trained at unarmed combat. However, he uses his BRAIN, not his fists. He always finds a way to out wit his opponents. 

If you're thinking this is Mortal Kombat where it's just going to be a slugfest, then you're in for a let down. Batman gets in their heads and THEN he strikes when he had the advantage. 

I agree. Mostly with how the game does seem to emulate the comics on some sort of 'subliminal' level.

demonistic
Message 9 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
593 posts

Oct 31, 2009
I agree all the boss fights were way to easy, even on hard. The only one that gave me a bit of trouble was Posion Ivy on hard but that's about it.
Message 10 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes