Aug 16 2012
By: bfear333 I Only Post Everything 1231 posts

The real batman

11 replies 780 views Edited Aug 16, 2012

micheal keaton was the best.  the bat suit changes in the dark knight and rises were not impressive to me.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (780 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Re: The real batman

Aug 17, 2012

My favourite Batman out of the live action films is Bat-Bale. Although my favourite portrayal of Batman in general had to be Kevin Conroy's Batman from Batman: The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures. And I really, really liked Batman from the Arkham series.

I mean really, you can't beat the Bat-Glare.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (776 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10471 posts

Aug 18, 2012

There's never been a better live-action Batman than Michael Keaton at the movies. Kevin Conroy makes for the perfect voice of the character. Will Friedle also provided a compelling new younger Batman for the Beyond saga.

Then again, it's also a style thing if you think about it. Tim Burton's versions set out to make viewers laugh more along with the action. Chris Nolan's direction is much darker and grittier. It lacks the softer side of Batman.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (773 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
22623 posts

Aug 19, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

There's never been a better live-action Batman than Michael Keaton at the movies. Kevin Conroy makes for the perfect voice of the character. Will Friedle also provided a compelling new younger Batman for the Beyond saga.

Then again, it's also a style thing if you think about it. Tim Burton's versions set out to make viewers laugh more along with the action. Chris Nolan's direction is much darker and grittier. It lacks the softer side of Batman.

I remember when it was announced that Michael Keaton was playing Batman, there was a HUGE fan backlash. So much so that Tim Burton quickly put together this trailer to quickly quell the rumors that the movie was going to be "campy". 

And it absolutely WORKED. I remember seeing it before a showing of The Naked Gun, and I was absolutely blown away by it. The other thing about Tim Burton's Batman was that yes it did have some humorous moments, but for the time it was a very dark and gothic film. It may not be "dark" by today's standards, but you have to remember that for many their main memories of Batman consisted of the 1960's television series starring Adam West. Burton had tried for nearly ten years to get this movie made, and to his credit his persistence paid off. It really serves as a template for many of the modern super hero movies that followed since. 

Even though I love Nolan's Batman films, I just can't stand Christian Bale's growl. You can barely understand him at times. Michael Keaton didn't overplay it, and really nailed it with the inflection. Kevin Conroy's voice is still what I picture Batman as when I read the comics today. I do have to say that Brian Greenwood also does a good job as Batman in Under The Red Hood.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9562 posts

Oct 13, 2012
Michael Keaton will always be Batman to me, I say as for animated Batman, Kevin Conroy hands down. Can't really stand Christian's Bale's voice as Batman with is growl, it makes me laugh whenever he talks.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4366 posts

Jan 5, 2013

bfear333 wrote:

micheal keaton was the best.  the bat suit changes in the dark knight and rises were not impressive to me.

I think Adam West was the best person to play Batman out of everyone who has played Batman. I think it's 'cause I grew up watching Adam playing as Batman on the old Batman TV show that I see him as the real Batman.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
537 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Christian Bale for me. Ever since I saw him in American Psycho I thought he would be a perfect Bruce Wayne. Christopher Nolan must have agreed! The Keaton Batman was good for it's time but Keaton is just way to small to portray Batman the way he is meant to be.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Kevin Conroy.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (503 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Animated:  Kevin Conroy

Original Franchise:  Michael Keaton

Overall Favorite:  Christian Bale

I avoided seeing Batman Begins, because I thought it strange to start Batman all over again.  Especially with the direction the original franchise went, I did not want to be disappointed.

That being said, when I finally watched Batman Begins, I felt like a fool for not giving it a chance at the start.  It was fantastic, and Bale did a great job.

I just think the Dark Knight Franchise brings more to the table as far as continuity to the original comic.  Yes, I know, Raz Al Ghul is supposed to be Manchurian or something to that effect.  I also know Bane should have been from Brazil, Modified by Dr. Hugo Strange, with Poison Ivy's Venom, but to introduce all of that would have made The Dark Knight Rises a six hour movie, instead of a three hour movie.

Batman Begins is far and away better than any of the Burton Films.  The Dark Knight is the Best of the new franchise, and The Dark Knight Rises just put a goo "potential" cap on the franchise.  

As far as Bale, being better than Keaton, I just feel he captured the emotional struggle behind Wayne's character better.  After all, Bale has been known to be a perfectionist "thespian".  Maybe Keaton's performance was hindered by Burton's Campy approach to movie making.  Who knows?

Keaton is still my favorite Betelgeuse though.:smileywink:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Kevin Conroy. Whenever I read a comic or a graphic novel, I read Batman's lines in his voice. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (464 Views)