Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
8 posts

Re: ROUTER PORT FORWARDING, TRIGGERING, & QoS SETUP FOR BATTLEFIELD 3, PS3 & PLAYSTATION NETWORK

Jun 22, 2012

This has been happening for the past 3 years and I don't know how to fix it.

Message 11 of 24 (1,631 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: ROUTER PORT FORWARDING, TRIGGERING, & QoS SETUP FOR BATTLEFIELD 3, PS3 & PLAYSTATION NETWORK

Jul 1, 2012

I need some help not a expert at all on this stuff.  I have internet service of 30 MB and a wireless router Netgear WNDR3400v2, and my PS3 is only getting around 5MB to 8 MB, not sure what to do to get my 30 MB?

Message 12 of 24 (1,631 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: ROUTER PORT FORWARDING, TRIGGERING, & QoS SETUP FOR BATTLEFIELD 3, PS3 & PLAYSTATION NET

Jul 1, 2012

I know it seems like a lot, but if you read through my post and use the techniques I mention on how to streamline your connection bandwidth, it should increase your connection speed.

It's important to remember that the advertised connection speed from your ISP is theoretical at best, and it only applies to  the signal after it leaves your internal LAN. If your LAN speed runs at Jurassic-era network speeds (e.g., you're using Ethernet or Wireless G (the PS3's internal Wi-Fi), or a Wireless G Router, your connection speed is going to suffer. The key thing to remember about Network speeds is that your connection is only as fast as the slowest network device that you're connected to.

"Age, Wisdom, & Treachery overcomes Youth, Skill, & Daring"

Former Sony G.A.P. Member
Linksys Dual-Band N Network
MOH, RDR, KILLZONE 2/3, COD 4/5,MW2, B'Ops, Battlefield 1943, BFBC2, BATTLEFIELD 3, BLACK OPS 2:

TSD_-RAVEN-

Clans: MoBn, NBK
Message 13 of 24 (1,628 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: ROUTER PORT FORWARDING, TRIGGERING, & QoS SETUP FOR BATTLEFIELD 3, PS3 & PLAYSTATION NET

Jul 2, 2012

So if I understand this if I have my survalince cameras on my wireless that is the speed my playstation would be?

Message 14 of 24 (1,620 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 11, 2012

Hi,
i have the newest model 360 GB ps3. And lately, as i have moved house and it is quite far away (a couple of rooms) from the router, it has had trouble connecting to the onternet ans PSN. I origonally thought this was a problem with DHCP and the PS# not being able to keep an IP adress, so i gave it a static one. that did nothing, so now i assume the problem is with the PS3's wi-fi. what is an external adaptor for the ethernet port and where can i get one?

thanks!

Message 15 of 24 (1,587 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Jul 11, 2012
Message 16 of 24 (1,575 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Great post, thanks

and bump

Photobucket
Message 17 of 24 (1,454 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Hey man great great post. I was wondering, I just switched from cable ultra 100mbps and 5mbps upload to fiber optics 70mbps dl and 40-50mbps ul. It's crazy fast. Speed test on my ps3 show a constant 35-45dl and bout 3-8ul. My ? is I was thinking bout changing my router since theirs is pretty generic. So I've bought a netgear N900 dual band. It's got qos, genie pretty much all bells and whistles but I'm trying to improve my online gaming, mainly uncharted 3. With the cable I was getting slaughtered even if I got the drop on them 1st. It was like my bullets didn't register the 1st 4-5 shots?? And my latency was average 32-40ms and bout 10-12ms jitter. It was like my good Internet was working against me lol. Well now I'm better no doubt with a dedicated line and all. My ping shows only 2-8ms and about 4-8ms jitter. And I'm not a great player but I'm pretty good. How are these kids and foreigners dropping me in 4 shots in the big toe? Is it because their lagging intentionally or what. I mean I can tell the cheaters with the aimbots and modded controllers but crap if I put nearly a whole clip in some guys back and he don't die then I don't get it? My cousin was telling me about traffic shaping and such that's why I liked your post so much. I just wanted your opinion as to what I can do and if this router is a good one? It's not even been opened yet. And it has some kind of genie app that'll let you configure your router from a mobile device. At least from what I've read. Sorry for such a long message and if you get time I'd appreciate any info on the subject. Not even sure when this was posted but thought I'd reply anyways just to see. Again thanks
Message 18 of 24 (1,378 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: PORT FORWARDING, TRIGGERING, & QoS SETUP FOR BATTLEFIELD 3, PS3 & PLAYSTATION NETWORK

Apr 19, 2013

what is port Triggering for MLB 12 and MLB 13 the show. Are they the same as Port Forwarding? Do you think by using Port Triggering it will avoid Delay Traffic in the Video game or get less of it

Message 19 of 24 (1,063 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: PORT FORWARDING, TRIGGERING, & So SETUP FOR BATTLEFIELD 3, PS3 & PLAYSTATION NETWORK

Jun 12, 2013

Dude... first of all, thank you for trying to help ppl! It's always good when someone try to help. So, I really appreciate your iniciative.

BUT... Listen to what minimoto18 is saying. I can GUARANTEE that you are totally wrong. Believe me, there's no chance that a wireless could be better than wired. You just messed up things. I'm not here to flame you. Just trying to open your eyes that these informations should be checked before you pass ahead. I don't know if you are a professional in this field. You are probably a gamer trying to help ppl or someone very curious. Anyway........

I won't go deep in details, because that's not the place, but basically when you talk about ethernet, you are talking about that old 10Mb/s connection that no one else uses. That's the only situation that you are totally right! Even 802.11g blows an ethernet connection.
When you compare 802.11 G or N against a 100Mb/s ethernet, you are talking about a FastEthernet connection. And here it is. Thw wrong judgment starts here.
Nowadays, amost every application is conection oriented and uses TCP as transport. TCP uses negotiated windows to control several aspects of a conection flow. Again, i won't go deep in details, but basically it means that if you have that much interference as you told, chances are VERY high that bandwidth will drop a lot!

And even if you can't consider that, there are several aspects of a wireless conection that would "bother" a gamer. For example, latency and jitter.

So, if you ask me what I would choose (802.11n or FastEthernet), FastEthernet! I wouldn't think twice! Althought the theorical N speed is 300Mbps, it will rarelly reach those levels of bandwidth. You could check every benchmark website around... look for the top soho routers around. They won't reach that sustained bandwidth, period.

If you need, I could test a 100Mbps connection against a wireless N. Actually I did that yesterday, for coinscidence, obviously!

That said, you just cannot compare a wireless N connection with a GigabitEthernet. Man, forget that! lol
Several models of soho routers has gigabit lan ports right now, and even if they don't, like I said before, FastEthernet  most times is enough to blow a Wireless N (in a gamer perspective, for sure).

For now, wireless is a convenience, not performance. No one likes cables... But if you need performance and you have the option, you can't choose wireless.

I hope you understood at least a bit. And if you decide to answer saying I'm wrong, please, do a lot of research and tests before. 

And again! your guide is very good. Just some notes....

- you don't need to port forward ports 80 and 443. They are outbound in your LANs perspective. If you use a firewall filtering your outbound conection, then you need to open those out ports, but you don't have to port forward them to inside LAN. Try by yourself. :smileyhappy:

- When I talk about wireless, I'm not considering the AC standard. Because in this case, we are talking about a very recent technology. So, I won't take my chances saying that everything is better than AC. I'm just not sure. Anyway... AC is something that most ppl don't have yet. So, in this case, it's hard to compare.

Hope you don't get me wrong... These informations are very important. I couln't let it pass. But thanks for the guide!

Message 20 of 24 (968 Views)