Apr 07 2013
By: Setzaroth PlayStation MVP 13872 posts

Tank weak spots?

11 replies 153 views Edited Apr 7, 2013

Alright, so I was tank vs tank today...and this 100 Colonel plowed me every time he saw me. one shell would deal upwards of 75% damage if not more, an instant disable. These rounds were comming straight at me, not from behind like what you would expect with that kind of damage output.

So, I messaged him, and he claimed the wheels will instantly disable a tank. Unless he was cheating (which I doubt) this does seem to be the only explanation. 

I went to YouTube to try and find a semi-recent video, but none of them had the latest patch taken into consideration, so im not sure if they would have been 100% true to the current game.

My question to the forum, I suppose, is can you confirm the wheels being weaker or as weak as the engine of the tank? I mean, it makes sense, I just wasn't aware of the game being THAT technical.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8805 posts

Re: Tank weak spots?

Apr 7, 2013

Pretty sure a hit to the underbelly, on the front of the MBT, will deal an insta-disable. Maybe not, but then again, I don't **bleep** tanks.

A Col 100 that's good in a tank? Pretty common now days.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Yes the front of the treads do usually give a one hit disable. A good take driver could probably hit that fairly often. I also find sometimes when you hit between the main body and the turret it will also disable sometimes.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (139 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13872 posts

Apr 8, 2013

GuNz_52 wrote:

Pretty sure a hit to the underbelly, on the front of the MBT, will deal an insta-disable. Maybe not, but then again, I don't **bleep** tanks.

A Col 100 that's good in a tank? Pretty common now days.

Yes, I dont believe anyone stated surprise concerning the rank of the player in question.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (128 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2272 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Yeah there are many weak-spots to a tank. I usually go for the underbelly or the tank tracks. If I can't, then I try to get the tank from the side or rear too.

In previous Battlefield some armor vehicles could be destroyed with one RPG if you found the sweet spot. Usually it was in the same location where the current weaknesses are.
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Seems logical the underbelly or tracks would be a weak spot.  Unfortunately, you are a moving target in a tank.  They have weakened them as such, perhaps rightfully.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2272 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Yup, it's hard to hit it while moving. Usually a tilt my tank a bit showing my side. This is to lure the enemy tank to hit my reactive armor instead of my tracks.
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (107 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13872 posts

Apr 9, 2013

ya, I primarily work in the tanks, and its VERRY aggrivating for the main cannon to do so little damage, I mean, one of those go cart jeeps   dont yield an instant destroy/kill when I hit one square in the back or radiator. Still managed to get a few service stars in the giant vans though =/

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

ya, I primarily work in the tanks, and its VERRY aggrivating for the main cannon to do so little damage, I mean, one of those go cart jeeps   dont yield an instant destroy/kill when I hit one square in the back or radiator. Still managed to get a few service stars in the giant vans though =/

You say tank cannons do little damage, which would make the rest of us assume you're not hitting where you should be. If

you can help it, never waste shots on the front of any tank. Try to also make sure that your hits are a flush 90 degree angle

against the sides/rear.

Tankers that are purposely hitting your tank tracks are doing it for a reason, they're also trying to avoid your Reactive Armor

(that most people are using).

Yes, a tank shell should blow up jeeps/HumVees/Vodniks in one hit but there was so much complaining about it before in BFBC2,

guess what happened? DICE listened to the crybabies and changed it. -_-

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13872 posts

Apr 10, 2013

yes, I understand where to hit tanks,(the tracks being the newest revelation to me) and as far as my comments about them doing little damage, that was about smaller vehicles.

The damage just isnt consistant. On a shot for comparison:

One round from the main cannon deals enought damage to only disable a small jeep, the same shell deals enough damage to disable an equally armored tank

So, DICE logic, small jeeps have 12 tons of armor on it.... GENIUS

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (98 Views)
0 Likes