Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2727 posts

Re: Technical problems with Battlefield 3 on my PS3, please help!

Apr 5, 2013

Grizzlies11 wrote:
The game installs on my HDD and it stops at 55% ?! What should I do

Get a better ISP. ^_^

Delete your game data (if any exists) and let it try to reinstall. Make sure that you're not doing anything else one the PS3 while

this takes place. Make sure that you actually have room for the install. Check your Settings>System Information in the XMB

to find out.

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 24 (518 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Technical problems with Battlefield 3 on my PS3, please help!

May 24, 2013
If its the fault of the fat ps3 then why is it that only bf3 crashes my system and no other game, ever!. And how is it when playing bf3 online with a mate both our systems crash at the exact same time!??
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 24 (443 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

BF3 Downloading Game Data to HDD freezing error

Aug 17, 2013

I'm having trouble with my BF3 on my PS3.

As of right now, it's August 17, 2013. There has not been any updates needed for BF3 every since End Game came out back in March. One day I loaded up BF3, and it gave me the message "The required game data is going to be installed to the HDD. Do not switch off or reset the system while the HDD access indicator is flashing" At this point the download will start up, and around 74% the download will freeze and you won't be able to exit out of it except if you unplug it. I've tried deleting the game data four times already and have not gotten any results. Any help would be greatly appreciated :smileyhappy: 

P.S.. Link to video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuT2oqgfUk4

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 24 (339 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1312 posts

Re: BF3 Downloading Game Data to HDD freezing error

Aug 17, 2013

NuttyNipps wrote:

I'm having trouble with my BF3 on my PS3.

As of right now, it's August 17, 2013. There has not been any updates needed for BF3 every since End Game came out back in March. One day I loaded up BF3, and it gave me the message "The required game data is going to be installed to the HDD. Do not switch off or reset the system while the HDD access indicator is flashing" At this point the download will start up, and around 74% the download will freeze and you won't be able to exit out of it except if you unplug it. I've tried deleting the game data four times already and have not gotten any results. Any help would be greatly appreciated :smileyhappy: 

P.S.. Link to video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuT2oqgfUk4

Sounds like you might have a corrupted game data file.  Go into the game data section and see if the data for Battlefield 3 has a Battlefield icon or if it has a grey/silver square with a jagged line through it.  If it does then your data has been corrupted (possibly turing your game off during a loading screen, etc.).  What you can do is delete this data, restart your PlayStation 3, and start Battlefield 3.  The game will now start to download the update the was previously corrupted (that was also deleted in the game data file) and should complete with no problem.   Post back if it does not work for you.

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 24 (336 Views)
0 Likes