Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 26 2013
By: Nayr16 I Only Post Everything 1225 posts

Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

70 replies 276 views Edited Mar 26, 2013

So since the reveal is tomorrow I was wondering what everyone else was hoping to see be announced either tomorrow or in the coming months to release.

To start it off.

1. 64 players confirmation as I'm sure many people would like to see on console and a must have for some.
  2. More destruction of different varieties. Buildings collapsing, walls of building falling off, pieces of the roof/floor above collapsing in and maybe partial collapsed buildings. Destruction kills actually counting as destruction kills.
  3. Better handling of servers and server admins if renting a server is brought back or at least more DICE servers. Which is most likely
  4. A tutorial or bots mode or Co-op where new players can practice flying or something so they aren't crashing vehicles when people are trying to use them to help the team.
  5. Ping instead of these stupid bars that tell you nothing most of the time.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 71 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

Mar 26, 2013

I agree with the bots mode.  The old games had that, so did the Star Wars Battlefront games.  Other than split screen all you had was bots to play against.  The AI isn't too smart but those games were still real fun.  It would be good for practice or experimenting.  I'm sure you'd have to level up seperately from online multiplayer but I don't have a problem with that.  I would actually prefer that to a single player campaign.  Having various difficulties for the AI would create some challenge, but would never be equal to people obviously.

Black Ops has a mode like that.  It's pretty fun, at least the teams are always even in skill, you being the only variable.

I'd like to see another solution for prone sniping other than the scope glare.  I don't even know how wide an area it is visible from.

A more even dispersion of vehicle types in maps.  Not tanks over and over and over.  eg. IFVs seem like they fit better in close urban maps 

The Russians should not ALWAYS be defenders in Rush.  Why can't the US be defenders, on some maps, or they rotate roles in all maps.

Weapon attachments made available in any combination, so long as they don't interfere with eachother.  A foregrip and underslung grenade launcher wouldn't work.  Flashlight and laser would be impractical.  But the way they assigned them to three groups with many belonging to the same group but not interfering,  like a suppresor and a laser, there's no reason why a gun can't have those two simultaneously.  But with some guns they are organized so you can't, other guns you CAN use them both.  ?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 71 (266 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14941 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I just wanted it to be different from BF3..And from what I've seen..It will be almost indistinguishable.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 71 (249 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

If doesn't gravitate towards a CoD gamestyle (Close Quarters was OK), and it improves upon every aspect of Battlefield 3, I'm happy :smileytongue:

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 71 (247 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Osteopath wrote:

I just wanted it to be different from BF3.And from what I've seen.It will be almost indistinguishable.

Ok I have really been seeing this way to much. So because a game has similar graphics to the previous game, so it doesn't have improvements? People need to see past a trailer of the crappy single player and realize more than just graphics can change in a game. What happened to people caring about features that make a game what it is. Now it is oh it looks the same it sucks, no improvements, CoD clone, or way to go DICE made another CoD wannabe. If the PS4 version of the game has 64 players in multiplayer that is already a huge improvement and hopefully we get back some real Battlefield features instead of this casual crap that BF3 is.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 71 (244 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14941 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Nayr16 wrote:

Osteopath wrote:

I just wanted it to be different from BF3.And from what I've seen.It will be almost indistinguishable.

Ok I have really been seeing this way to much. So because a game has graphics it doesn't have improvements? People need to see past a trailer of the crappy single player and realize more than just graphics can change in a game. What happened to people caring about features that make a game what it is. Now it is oh it looks the same it sucks, no improvements, CoD clone, or way to go DICE made another CoD wannabe. If the PS4 version of the game has 64 players in multiplayer that is already a huge improvement and hopefully we get back some real Battlefield features instead of this casual crap that BF3 is.

You just contradicted yourself by making the same opinionated statement that I did, that you were arguing against, until the last line of your post...so which is it?

I can only comment on what I've seen. Battlefield needs to get rid of the campaign. BF3's campiagn was generic and boring. Focus 100% of multiplayer, thats the only reason this series is as popular as it is in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 71 (242 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Right now, my greatest desire is to see 64 players online. I completely agree with the idea that bigger isn't always better, but this is battlefield, after all. If Dice can incorporate large-scale maps with balanced vehicles, multiplayer should be a lot of fun. They already know how to do this on the PC side of things so I'm sure transitioning to larger numbers on consoles won't be terribly challenging.

Every other wish and dream has already been met by previous installments. I expect more terrific sound design and addictive multiplayer. I guess now that I think of it I'd like to see more destruction make a return. The Bad Company series really focused on destruction and I feel like its presence kind of took a back seat recently. Then again, seeing that structure fall in the trailer (the one that exploded and then fell down after the helicopter provided air support) has renewed my hopes. However, it did feel a little set-piece-like, as did the building collapsing at the end. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 71 (233 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Ya the single player looks very scripted but hopefully we will finally see BFBC2 destruction again plus more in multiplayer!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 71 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4425 posts

Mar 28, 2013

EA needs to invest in some better servers. People still have problems getting disconnected from EAs servers.

I hope there is more Co-Op missions! Or at least make some missions a little longer.

If someone wants to practice, find a empty server. There is tons of them out there. Does DICE really need to make a tutorial?

Be able to change genders for multiplayer. More outfits like a ghillie suit for recon. The chopper suits in BF3 are really cool.

Once you get rank 42, you have mostly everything unlocked by now if you played right.

More Co-Op missions; from 2-4 players like a true squad.

Not everyone has microphones. The PC of BF3, there is a chat box to talk to your team or everyone. Should have that for consoles!

ldrr

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 71 (226 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Mar 28, 2013

DICE doesn't really need a tutorial but they need something for people to practice because it is obvious people don't use the Co-op mission with how many times we are in a very active game and I watch a guy spawn into a helicopter and just right down repeatedly just taking off. Then you have the guys that will just be really still with it slowly going around somehow not being shot down then once they try and use rocket pods NOSE DIVE! A bots mod would be a good way to practice. 

A Command Rose would probably be more helpful than text chat due to us having to use a controller and having to deal with the keyboard popping up in-game or having to have a keyboard with us at all times and switching between controller and keyboard.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 71 (219 Views)
0 Likes