Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2327 posts

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

Mar 28, 2013
What I want for BF4:

- No Blue or grey tint. If they add it, it must be toggleable by the player.
- More players if possible. (If only for next-gen, then so be it)
- Commo-rose
- Less portable lock-ons and more stationaries.
- Better maps and bigger maps.
- Commander if more players are added. (For PC, Commander must return)
- Decreased suppression.
- More flag value (Bonuses like previous BF titles for capturing certain points)
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Message 11 of 71 (253 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Commander would be so awesome to have but so many console people would totally just screw it up. D: Even if they only selected top players most would just screw around. It's sad really games can't have nice things. -_-

Message 12 of 71 (248 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2327 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Nayr16 wrote:

Commander would be so awesome to have but so many console people would totally just screw it up. D: Even if they only selected top players most would just screw around. It's sad really games can't have nice things. -_-

Well if it were to return, Mutiny would also return along with it. In PC, you could remove useless commanders and force everyone (except the fired commander) to re-apply for the commander position.

I would often initiate a mutiny on some commanders that did not do anything. If a good commander wasn't interested in taking the spot, I would take it. Then I would try to the best of my ability to support my team as the commander.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Message 13 of 71 (245 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

I actually just read about that a little earlier. Maybe it wouldn't be bad as I first assumed. So much potential for this game to bring back some depth to FPS multiplayer for console other than just shoot die shoot die but with EA controlling DICE it's hard to expect much good from BF4. 

Message 14 of 71 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8822 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

-Take out the Colonel ranking system. Move back to a Private to 5-Star General online rankings. Rank progression will be slower. (Meaning a Colonel 50 would be a Major/Lt General)

-Multiple factions playable in MP. (U.S., E.U., Chinese, Russians)

-More air vehicles.

-Maintain the complex helicopter controls, much like classic BF

-Commander Mode

-Vote to Kick option in public servers

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 15 of 71 (238 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15556 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I would like more interesting ranks...the whole getting 200k+ points over and over and over, was really boring. I would like to see 50 or so normal ranks, and then 3 or 4 special made up ranks just for fun that require certain medals and ribbons to attain.

Message 16 of 71 (233 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1319 posts

Mar 29, 2013
Metro: Day 2 with the conquest map stretching as long as the current Metro Rush map, playable area over the subway portion, and of course up to 64 players. Throw in a scout chopper, a tank, bikes and ATVs for a bit of above the subway combat and possible road kills on the stairs at B for fun. Map tweaked where the ticket booth is balanced for the RU side too.

More terrain sculpting like End Game, buildings and placement like Aftermath, and the return of Scavenger and CTF at launch would also be welcome.

BF3 Stats
Message 17 of 71 (124 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2327 posts

Mar 29, 2013
Talking about ranks, I hope they bring back the Battlefield 2: Modern Combat ranking system.

For those not familiar with the system it operated with 3 factors.
- Overall Points
- Medals and Ribbons
- Points per Hour (PPH)

Every rank required a certain amount of overall points, medals/ribbons and pph. If you decreased in Points per Hour (pph), you would be demoted. If you had a lot of score, and points per hour, but lacked ribbons/medals, you could not obtain the next rank.

This system was effective in determining the good players from the bad players. There weren't max ranks running around in each server like it's become now. Instead, there was a wide variety of ranks and ranking up or being demoted added another incentive to work as a team and gain that medal/ribbon holding you back and keep your PPH up.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Message 18 of 71 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15556 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I dont want demotions to come into play. I dont like games that punish you for not playing. 

Message 19 of 71 (113 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Mar 29, 2013

TheJLC wrote:
Talking about ranks, I hope they bring back the Battlefield 2: Modern Combat ranking system.

For those not familiar with the system it operated with 3 factors.
- Overall Points
- Medals and Ribbons
- Points per Hour (PPH)

Every rank required a certain amount of overall points, medals/ribbons and pph. If you decreased in Points per Hour (pph), you would be demoted. If you had a lot of score, and points per hour, but lacked ribbons/medals, you could not obtain the next rank.

This system was effective in determining the good players from the bad players. There weren't max ranks running around in each server like it's become now. Instead, there was a wide variety of ranks and ranking up or being demoted added another incentive to work as a team and gain that medal/ribbon holding you back and keep your PPH up.

As long as I wouldn't get deranked for not playing it would be nice but don't think I see that happen in todays market.

Message 20 of 71 (107 Views)
0 Likes