Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

Apr 16, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Prone and Jets were much more important though, LOL.

And from what I know of Commander mode...I dont see that being all that useful of a feature for the vast majority of people who game on their own with random lobbies on random servers.

If the Battlefield community wasn't as crappy as it is now. A good Commander could organize a team very well and help out people that were in need of it. My friend was playing BF2 and the Commander gave an order to bomb a tank and right away two jets go straight to bomb it. They could drop a jeep for you if you are in the middle of a field or give you UAV in an urban area. A good Commander paying attention to their team can really be a game changer. That is if your team will pay attention.

That is why I think private squads are plain out stupid. Hell I saw a guy alone in a private squad. Waste of a feature for people that want to be in a squad and actually try and win a game. Just handicaps those people because they have to spawn back somewhere away from where they could be a lot more helpful everytime. It is a team game that is being ruined by stupid features like this. Want to play with friends make a new squad when they get there it is simple. If someone is dumb enough to sit in a private squad alone then they shouldn't even be playing this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 71 (167 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2310 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Prone and Jets were much more important though, LOL.

And from what I know of Commander mode...I dont see that being all that useful of a feature for the vast majority of people who game on their own with random lobbies on random servers.

That's the point of Commander in the first place, to help organize random players and provide incentives to those that follow orders.

As Commander in BF2, I would place orders on each squad, regardless of size. When they headed to a trouble spot, I would help them with UAVs, Supply Crates, Spotting, Vehicle Drop, or Artillery. If someone wasn't doing anything to help the team, I wouldn't give them anything. So, our team players would receive extra boosts to play the objective and win, while non-team players would probably get a car/supplies dropped on top of them...

supplykill.jpg

GuNz_52 wrote:

Commander is not a gamemode. It is an interface for one player on each team to help support the battle.

We need at least 4 factions too. Bring back the MEC!

Speaking of commander mode, bring back the artillary strike and do it like it was done in BF2:MC.

I know what commander is, which is why I'm saying that I hope they don't turn it into a game mode or deteriorate the feature.

And I agree, MEC would be an awesome faction too. However, if they bring back commander, I don't think they should make artillery something you activate by randoms in the field as Artillery was an exclusive commander tool. It should remain a tool for the commander to use.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 71 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8817 posts

Apr 16, 2013

GuNz_52 wrote:

Commander is not a gamemode. It is an interface for one player on each team to help support the battle.

We need at least 4 factions too. Bring back the MEC!

Speaking of commander mode, bring back the artillary strike and do it like it was done in BF2:MC.

I know what commander is, which is why I'm saying that I hope they don't turn it into a game mode or deteriorate the feature.

And I agree, MEC would be an awesome faction too. However, if they bring back commander, I don't think they should make artillery something you activate by randoms in the field as Artillery was an exclusive commander tool. It should remain a tool for the commander to use.

Yeah, no. That was absolutely annoying on BF2:MC. The artillery position was accessible by randoms and 9/10 times it would be dropped on a heavily friendly position. (Back when blue on blue fire was deadly) so you would have idiots get 2 kills and 9 team kills. The point I was trying to make was the artillery in BF2 was weak compared to that in BF2:MC. BF2 was like a bunch of mortar blasts and a small radius. The artillery in BF2:MC was about 100m wide and destroyed everything. Loved that **bleep**.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 71 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14417 posts

Apr 17, 2013

so which is it? did you love it or hate it?

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 71 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8817 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Loved the fact only commander could initiate it in BF2, hated the radius and damage of it though. Hated the fact that randoms could deploy it in BF2:MC, loved the radius and damage. So I'm saying combine the two!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 71 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14417 posts

Apr 17, 2013

oh ok, the initial post confused me.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 71 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2310 posts

Apr 17, 2013

GuNz_52 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Loved the fact only commander could initiate it in BF2, hated the radius and damage of it though. Hated the fact that randoms could deploy it in BF2:MC, loved the radius and damage. So I'm saying combine the two!

I agree. The damage and radius made it a really powerful feature and beautiful thing to watch. However, it was something to fear when you heard that the enemy initiated the strike.

ARTILLERY STRIKE IS INITIATED, TAKE COVER!

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 71 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

A more official ad for BF4 supporting Commander Mode, 3 Factions, Battlelog 2.0, and return of Premium yay... saw that coming -_-. Reading it though makes me think they screwed up Commander Mode in some way or form... ughhhh

"Rank up to the seat of the brand new Commander Mode and lead your team to victory." PLEASE DICE, DON'T let any noob be a Commander! D:

http://mp1st.com/2013/04/24/new-battlefield-4-promotional-poster-advertises-commander-mode-battlelog...

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 71 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14417 posts

Apr 26, 2013

well, if you have to "rank up" to it...I dont think "any noob" would be.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 71 (111 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Well if it is a ranking system like BF3 then yes any noob can get to 100 Colonel. I've seen plenty.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 71 (107 Views)
0 Likes