Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
1225 posts
 

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

Apr 16, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Prone and Jets were much more important though, LOL.

 

And from what I know of Commander mode...I dont see that being all that useful of a feature for the vast majority of people who game on their own with random lobbies on random servers.


If the Battlefield community wasn't as crappy as it is now. A good Commander could organize a team very well and help out people that were in need of it. My friend was playing BF2 and the Commander gave an order to bomb a tank and right away two jets go straight to bomb it. They could drop a jeep for you if you are in the middle of a field or give you UAV in an urban area. A good Commander paying attention to their team can really be a game changer. That is if your team will pay attention.

 

That is why I think private squads are plain out stupid. Hell I saw a guy alone in a private squad. Waste of a feature for people that want to be in a squad and actually try and win a game. Just handicaps those people because they have to spawn back somewhere away from where they could be a lot more helpful everytime. It is a team game that is being ruined by stupid features like this. Want to play with friends make a new squad when they get there it is simple. If someone is dumb enough to sit in a private squad alone then they shouldn't even be playing this game.

Message 51 of 71 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 07/23/2006
Offline
2356 posts
 

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Prone and Jets were much more important though, LOL.

 

And from what I know of Commander mode...I dont see that being all that useful of a feature for the vast majority of people who game on their own with random lobbies on random servers.


That's the point of Commander in the first place, to help organize random players and provide incentives to those that follow orders.

 

As Commander in BF2, I would place orders on each squad, regardless of size. When they headed to a trouble spot, I would help them with UAVs, Supply Crates, Spotting, Vehicle Drop, or Artillery. If someone wasn't doing anything to help the team, I wouldn't give them anything. So, our team players would receive extra boosts to play the objective and win, while non-team players would probably get a car/supplies dropped on top of them...

 

supplykill.jpg

 


GuNz_52 wrote:

Commander is not a gamemode. It is an interface for one player on each team to help support the battle.

We need at least 4 factions too. Bring back the MEC!

 

 

Speaking of commander mode, bring back the artillary strike and do it like it was done in BF2:MC.


 

 I know what commander is, which is why I'm saying that I hope they don't turn it into a game mode or deteriorate the feature.

 

And I agree, MEC would be an awesome faction too. However, if they bring back commander, I don't think they should make artillery something you activate by randoms in the field as Artillery was an exclusive commander tool. It should remain a tool for the commander to use.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Message 52 of 71 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2005
Offline
8822 posts
 

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

Apr 16, 2013

 

 


GuNz_52 wrote:

Commander is not a gamemode. It is an interface for one player on each team to help support the battle.

We need at least 4 factions too. Bring back the MEC!

 

 

Speaking of commander mode, bring back the artillary strike and do it like it was done in BF2:MC.


 

 I know what commander is, which is why I'm saying that I hope they don't turn it into a game mode or deteriorate the feature.

 

And I agree, MEC would be an awesome faction too. However, if they bring back commander, I don't think they should make artillery something you activate by randoms in the field as Artillery was an exclusive commander tool. It should remain a tool for the commander to use.


 

Yeah, no. That was absolutely annoying on BF2:MC. The artillery position was accessible by randoms and 9/10 times it would be dropped on a heavily friendly position. (Back when blue on blue fire was deadly) so you would have idiots get 2 kills and 9 team kills. The point I was trying to make was the artillery in BF2 was weak compared to that in BF2:MC. BF2 was like a bunch of mortar blasts and a small radius. The artillery in BF2:MC was about 100m wide and destroyed everything. Loved that **bleep**.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 53 of 71 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

Apr 17, 2013

so which is it? did you love it or hate it?

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 54 of 71 (199 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2005
Offline
8822 posts
 

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

Apr 17, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

so which is it? did you love it or hate it?


Loved the fact only commander could initiate it in BF2, hated the radius and damage of it though. Hated the fact that randoms could deploy it in BF2:MC, loved the radius and damage. So I'm saying combine the two!

 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 55 of 71 (196 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

Apr 17, 2013

oh ok, the initial post confused me.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 56 of 71 (193 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 07/23/2006
Offline
2356 posts
 

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

Apr 17, 2013

GuNz_52 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

so which is it? did you love it or hate it?


Loved the fact only commander could initiate it in BF2, hated the radius and damage of it though. Hated the fact that randoms could deploy it in BF2:MC, loved the radius and damage. So I'm saying combine the two!

 


I agree. The damage and radius made it a really powerful feature and beautiful thing to watch. However, it was something to fear when you heard that the enemy initiated the strike.

 

ARTILLERY STRIKE IS INITIATED, TAKE COVER!

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Message 57 of 71 (186 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
1225 posts
 

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

A more official ad for BF4 supporting Commander Mode, 3 Factions, Battlelog 2.0, and return of Premium yay... saw that coming -_-. Reading it though makes me think they screwed up Commander Mode in some way or form... ughhhh

 

"Rank up to the seat of the brand new Commander Mode and lead your team to victory." PLEASE DICE, DON'T let any noob be a Commander! D:

 

http://mp1st.com/2013/04/24/new-battlefield-4-promotional-poster-advertises-commander-mode-battlelog...

Message 58 of 71 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

Apr 26, 2013

well, if you have to "rank up" to it...I dont think "any noob" would be.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 59 of 71 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
1225 posts
 

Re: Your hopes and dreams for BF4.

Apr 26, 2013

Well if it is a ranking system like BF3 then yes any noob can get to 100 Colonel. I've seen plenty.

Message 60 of 71 (156 Views)
Reply
0 Likes