Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2333 posts

Re: air support training

Apr 10, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Ive never been in a round where the jets werent destroying the choppers. One good pilot tips the scales in favor of their team. I've been in rounds where one pilot when 90-0 and 70-1 ina  jet, they are rediculously powerful.

They usually never aim for me because I fly low to the ground.

- Below radar prevents lock ons

- Trees, buildings, and obstacles are too risky.

When a jet aims for me, I evade them moving sideways as they can't really follow without hitting something. Most jet pilots look for a direct path to their target, and if you can move them out of their safe zone, they will abort the strafe. Usually the only ones that get me are the really experienced ones that don't give up, or the ones that suicide them on me/ ram me.

The only problem with the tactic is that if you are evading jets, you're likely to be ignoring tanks. And this tactic works best in maps with objects to use as cover. Once you are in the open, the jets can just make a pass or two and you are gone.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Message 11 of 16 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8822 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Empty servers and Co-Op missions only get you so far with learning how to fly. Huge difference between those and flying in an actual game. Much like training on your new job, you can only get so much experience training. The rest you will just have to dive into and learn. It's safe to say I've been flying on the battlefield for quite a while, as I am top 5% with all choppers and top 1% with the AH6-J. There are things that work with the Attack class of helicopters that don't work for the Scout class. (i.e. flying low :smileyindifferent:)

You have to learn to adapt and deal with certain situations, and the only way you can learn to do that is gain experience. They best way to learn to fly in this game is be a gunner/engineer for a good pilot. Learn what they do and listen to how they deal with stingers or an MBT. The actual technical skill of flying is only about 30% of being a "great" chopper pilot. The rest is knowing how to put those nice skills to good use by staying airborne longer and engaging your targets smartly.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 12 of 16 (99 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

where do people find what percent they are in the world for stuff, I see people claiming all kinds of stats, are you just looking at the leaderboard and guessing or what? 

Im not saying you're lieing or anything, I just am not aware of any offical place to find such things.

And to the OP, I know you said mostly helicopters, but heres some really helpful jet vides you might find useful.

Message 13 of 16 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Apr 11, 2013

BF3stats.com

Message 14 of 16 (88 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8822 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

where do people find what percent they are in the world for stuff, I see people claiming all kinds of stats, are you just looking at the leaderboard and guessing or what? 

Im not saying you're lieing or anything, I just am not aware of any offical place to find such things.

And to the OP, I know you said mostly helicopters, but heres some really helpful jet vides you might find useful.

BFstats.com

Looks like you're in the 90th percentile for tank kills.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 15 of 16 (85 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Im 42% for abrams and 48% for t-90 

I didn't start seriously using tanks until about a week ago. Until then I was strictly infantry/support. As you will see, since you like to look at my stats apparently, Im in the top 7% for M240B kills.

And thanks for posting the site again, I definitely didn't see it the first time.

Message 16 of 16 (83 Views)
0 Likes