May 24 2013
By: Brrnout PlayStation MVP 5692 posts

Could a New Burnout be on the Way?

15 replies 476 views Edited May 24, 2013

Recently Criterion has been working on the Need For Speed series and ever since that tiny outing of Burnout Crash there has been nothing on the Burnout series, but could a new game be in the works?

Just before the launch of Most Wanted Criterion stated that Burnout was "not dead" and that they are "constantly thinking about it". So now with the announcement of Need For Speed Rivals could this finally be happening? RIvals will NOT be developed by Criterion, but by a new studio called Ghost Games. Criterion will still assist in the development, but the fact that this is not all their game would suggest a new project. So is this mystery project a next gen Burnout game? Perhaps, or maybe it is simply a year cycle before next years Criterion NFS release which seems just as likely. But considering how long it's been and how they still mention it time to time, could next year be perhaps the year of Burnout?

We shall see.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Could a New Burnout be on the Way?

May 29, 2013

It seems unlikely to me. Criterion Games recently said that they are moving away from NFS and are trying something different (remember BLACK?). But who knows, anything is possible in the gaming industry. I would love to see a sequel for Paradise (Most Wanted 2012 didn't do it for me).

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2308 posts

Jun 5, 2013

well NFS most wanted might as well be a Burnout Paradise 2.  its a great game, but feel like im just playing burnout with real cars.

some_text
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 8, 2013

A new burnout would be amazing!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2308 posts

Jun 10, 2013

demus898000 wrote:

A new burnout would be amazing!

have you played need for speed most wanted?  it plays just like burnout paradise but with real cars.  theres gates to smash and bilboards to break too.  and its made by criterion too i believe

some_text
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (427 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Ya i have, it didn't really keep my interest, neither did burnout paradise, i was talking about like say a remake of burnout revenge, that would be amazing. But thanks for the recommendation.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2308 posts

Jun 10, 2013

demus898000 wrote:

Ya i have, it didn't really keep my interest, neither did burnout paradise, i was talking about like say a remake of burnout revenge, that would be amazing. But thanks for the recommendation.

oh ok.  i see what you mean.   i liked the open world idea.  gave you more to do besides just race all the time.

some_text
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (423 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 11, 2013

true, plus I played need for speed most wanted on the vita so it may not be as good as the one your talking about, if you were meaning the console version. p.s. they should have remade the original need for speed most wanted, that was a wicked game, just add the custimization of the new one to it. But back to burnout, I am a big time call of duty fan and ever since I played it "I need action now", I've become sort of a adrenaline junkie when it comes to fps' and racing games, and thats where burnout revenge comes in, you could pick a race and jump right into it. It would be nice to still have free roam, just more to do when you free roam like buy and custimize the look of your car instead of just color and technical modifications, and also always beable to instantly enter a race, expecially in multiplayer.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2308 posts

Jun 11, 2013

demus898000 wrote:

true, plus I played need for speed most wanted on the vita so it may not be as good as the one your talking about, if you were meaning the console version. p.s. they should have remade the original need for speed most wanted, that was a wicked game, just add the custimization of the new one to it. But back to burnout, I am a big time call of duty fan and ever since I played it "I need action now", I've become sort of a adrenaline junkie when it comes to fps' and racing games, and thats where burnout revenge comes in, you could pick a race and jump right into it. It would be nice to still have free roam, just more to do when you free roam like buy and custimize the look of your car instead of just color and technical modifications, and also always beable to instantly enter a race, expecially in multiplayer.

i own most wanted for ps3 and vita lol.  i like call of duty too, game pisses me off hardcore but i still play it lol.  im more into RPGs really.  i was never good at doing technical stuff with cars, i cant remember what game it was, i think it was gran turismo 5, but to just set up my car to race at daytona was a pain lol.  it was funny though, as soon as i turned out put road, my car just flipped over. lol must have been too much weight on one side lol

some_text
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (419 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 11, 2013

lol right on, and ya when I have utter focus I prefer rpgs, like the elder scrolls series... when i had a console lol. Otherwize waiting for dragons crown and the possible up coming dragons dogma for vita. Anyways sorry for going off topic. You know what would make the perfect burnout game, that we can only dream of, all the classic arcade game modes of burnout with free roaming, simpler yet seeable custimization (im not very good with technical custimization either just would like to learn to), and some sort of a gamerscore/level up progression sorta thing to keep the challenges interesting, thats what i think anyways.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (417 Views)
0 Likes