Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2337 posts

Re: Could a New Burnout be on the Way?

Jun 11, 2013

demus898000 wrote:

lol right on, and ya when I have utter focus I prefer rpgs, like the elder scrolls series... when i had a console lol. Otherwize waiting for dragons crown and the possible up coming dragons dogma for vita. Anyways sorry for going off topic. You know what would make the perfect burnout game, that we can only dream of, all the classic arcade game modes of burnout with free roaming, simpler yet seeable custimization (im not very good with technical custimization either just would like to learn to), and some sort of a gamerscore/level up progression sorta thing to keep the challenges interesting, thats what i think anyways.

yeah that sounds awesome!  i never played the dragons dogma game for ps3.  i have ES oblivion for PC, but didnt like that near as much as Skyrim. 

some_text
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jun 11, 2013

ya skyrim was awsome, but i honestly preffered oblivion, it seemed more tactical in how you created your class at the begginning, and also it could just be that oblivion was the first of the series i had played so it could have been just first impression that swooped me off my feet

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (182 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5697 posts

Jun 20, 2013

TornadicInferno wrote:

well NFS most wanted might as well be a Burnout Paradise 2.  its a great game, but feel like im just playing burnout with real cars.

Yes, but it never was truly burnout dude to the subdued damage models. That was what made burnout burnout. Perhaps they will try something new, but I think fans have been screaming for a new burnout for a while. So we shall see.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17335 posts

Jun 27, 2013
If they ever do another Burnout, I'd rather they go back to the style of the older games, i.e. races are set on pre-determined courses, not just randomly flying through a city. NFS Most Wanted 2012 was a bit better about it, but in Paradise, I remember how if you took the wrong shortcut or wrong turn, you may as well have just gave up the race. Not to mention the courses in Takedown and Revenge were a lot better than the ones in Paradise MW 2012 as well.

My observation has purpose, hence I am here.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1587 posts

Jul 30, 2013

The Burnout franchise is pretty much (supposedly) dead since the last release of Burnout Crash two years ago. I know most people still play Burnout Paradise, but there was not a new Burnout game for two years, so Criteion Games has been lately focusing ont he Need for Speed franchise now, especially with the recent Need for Speed: Most Wanted that was released last year so there was not a single announcement of the latest Burnout game, so I guess you could say that the Burnout franchise has ran out of road and ran out of boost.

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5446 posts

Aug 1, 2013

NarooN wrote:
If they ever do another Burnout, I'd rather they go back to the style of the older games, i.e. races are set on pre-determined courses, not just randomly flying through a city. NFS Most Wanted 2012 was a bit better about it, but in Paradise, I remember how if you took the wrong shortcut or wrong turn, you may as well have just gave up the race. Not to mention the courses in Takedown and Revenge were a lot better than the ones in Paradise MW 2012 as well.

This.  A thousand times THIS.  At this point, I would love to see Takedown and Revenge bundled and slightly upgraded for PS4, with the door left open for DLC.  If that sells, maybe they could justify a new installment.  Just... let me play Takedown in HD!

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (137 Views)
0 Likes