Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 09 2012
By: HorrorGod PlayStation MVP 4221 posts

Criterion reassure gamers that Burnout isn’t dead

6 replies 1201 views Edited Jun 9, 2012

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2012/06/08/criterion-reassure-gamers-that-burnout-isnt-dead/

http://thegamingliberty.com/wp-content/uploads/BURNOUTCRASH.jpg

Now that Criterion has finally lifted the lid off of Need for Speed: Most Wanted; their second NFS game in a row, you can’t help but wonder if the studio has all but forgotten about their flagship franchise, Burnout.

It’s been over four years since Burnout Paradise and with the excpetion of last year’s so-so download only offering in Burnout Crash!, the franchise has been too quiet for too long.

Speaking to OPM at E3 this week, Criterion’s Matt Webster confirmed that although the Burnout series has gone quiet, the studio still has plans for it in the future. Burnout isn’t dead, or as Webster put it,

“Burnout’s certainly not going away, no.”

This makes me happy. I'd love to see a "Burnout Paradise 2" or whatever they'll call it.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 1 of 7 (1,201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1760 posts

Re: Criterion reassure gamers that Burnout isn’t dead

Jun 10, 2012

Yeah, I'm disappointed that they didn't go for a successor to Paradise, but you can bet that they can deliver on their new project for Most Wanted.

Message 2 of 7 (1,201 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
937 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Criterion is not the same company that they were 4 years ago. I believe their next game will not be anywhere close to paradise in any aspect. And that is not a good thing

siggy car
Message 3 of 7 (1,201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5697 posts

Jul 3, 2012

I am pretty sure that Criterion would not forget Burnout. I watched a video interview on Most Wanted and the reporter asked "do you still think about making a Burnout game?" and the guy responded with "each and everyday"

The only reason they are doing NFS games is because NFS is EA's flagship racing series and with Black Box not doing the best job as of late they decided to hand it off. I am not sure if it is the best idea as now we are only getting 1 racer from EA every couple years rather then 2, but it's about quality not quantity so I am pretty happy the decided to do it this way. 

I would expect a Burnout game within the next few years for sure.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 4 of 7 (1,197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I can't wait for a new Burnout. Paradise was just great.

Message 5 of 7 (919 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1303 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Burnout definitely isn't dead! I've played it since its launch in 2008 (or...2009?). Although I've taken a vacation from it recently, I just came back to it and playing it excessively like before! :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 7 (871 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Was looking forward to another burnout game, but then they came out with NFS: MW, which is a good game definitely but I wonder how long Criterion will keep doing the NFS franchise? Guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe they are planning a Burnout game for the PS4.

Message 7 of 7 (846 Views)
0 Likes