Aug 09 2008
By: Templity~ First Son 3 posts

Buzz Quiz TV controller problem

15 replies 4854 views Edited Aug 9, 2008
I bought buzz a couple of days ago for the PS3 and every time I have played it I have only been able to get 2 of the 4 controllers working at the same time.. 2 come on straight away but I can never get either of the other 2 to come on.. help? thanks!
Message 1 of 16 (4,854 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Re: Buzz Quiz TV controller problem

Aug 11, 2008

well, Being that we don't have the game and new wireless buzzer controllers yet, it's hard to help you out right now.

I have some ideas on what could be the problem, but no answers.

Best you go to the PlayStation site of the country you're from and check out the Support link, or better off, Contact link to talk to a Sony representative about your problem.

If you, however, live here in America and imported the game, it would be a bit of trouble to get support for it right now...

What I would do is to check the batteries for each buzzer, possibly replace them, and check the USB plug-in if it's clean and plugged in well and correclty...

Good luck!

Message 2 of 16 (4,854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 13, 2008

I am experiencing the same problem. I bought Buzz! when it was released in Canada a couple weeks back and played mostly on-line. I pulled out all four today and put in fresh batteries to play with a group of people and only 2 of the buzzers worked. The other two flash the eight times to say that they are on, but then nothing. They don't transmit at all. I tried new batteries, switching everything on and off - the whole bit.

Please Sony: What is going on here!?

Message 3 of 16 (4,854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 13, 2008

Hey guys, I had this same problem about 3 days after getting the game. This is how I get them sync'ed everytime with no problem.

1. Hold the power switch on the 4 controllers till the blue light at the bottom of the controller stays on.

2. Once all the blue lights are on the controllers, hold in the button on the USB stick till it blinks.

3. Tap the button on the side of the USB stick and all 4 controllers will sync with the system.

It is rediculous that there is no info on this, but I found this out while sitting in front of the TV for 15 minutes while I had a room full of people waiting to play the game. You batteries should be straight, I have played 20 something games with fresh batteries and I am having no problem.

Message 4 of 16 (4,854 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1007 posts

Oct 13, 2008

Swolguy wrote:

Hey guys, I had this same problem about 3 days after getting the game. This is how I get them sync'ed everytime with no problem.

1. Hold the power switch on the 4 controllers till the blue light at the bottom of the controller stays on.

2. Once all the blue lights are on the controllers, hold in the button on the USB stick till it blinks.

3. Tap the button on the side of the USB stick and all 4 controllers will sync with the system.

It is rediculous that there is no info on this, but I found this out while sitting in front of the TV for 15 minutes while I had a room full of people waiting to play the game. You batteries should be straight, I have played 20 something games with fresh batteries and I am having no problem.

I agree, the fact they had no information on this = Fail.

It took me 15 minutes to fiugre this out myself, it was just brutal.
Message 5 of 16 (4,854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 14, 2008
Message 6 of 16 (4,854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Oct 14, 2008

Below is a picture of the (NA) Buzz QuizTV Buzzer Manual. You can download the actual .pdf from http://www.us.playstation.com/Buzz/.

I've only been able to get the .pdf link to work once, so I'm posting a pic of the most informative page in the manual just in case.

Message 7 of 16 (4,854 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2251 posts

Dec 14, 2008
Don't mean to bump but if they did stickies in this area this should be one. I just bought the game and had the ame prob. did a search and found this. it worked perfectly. Thanks
Message 8 of 16 (4,854 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 28, 2008
I'm a new owner of Buzz Quiz for PS3 and had this sync/bind issue.  It's now resolved by following the instructions in the above post.  Another key thing is that when you turn on the buzzers and then start the game, each buzzer that is powered on is going to be activated one at a time (the red buzz button will flash on each controller).  This will take about 5 seconds per buzzer, so just be patient if you're playing 4 players.
PS3 :: PSP-3000 :: PlayStation Plus
Message 9 of 16 (4,854 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
256 posts

Dec 30, 2008
I got Buzz for xmas and didnt have any problrm syncing right outa the box. I would like to know if there is a way you can use ps2 buzz controllers in addition though so you could have 8 playing. I'm assuming the ps2 are not usb.
Message 10 of 16 (4,854 Views)
0 Likes