Apr 26, 2010
Camp... Or just get better

Message 12 of 20 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Re: Any tips for getting Nuke

Apr 26, 2010

Easy, go ground war and stack up 7,11,25 killstreak. its not hard at all. You don't necessarily need to camp to get your harrier, just be smart about your hiding spots when calling your AC/Chopper Gunner. You also gotta be patient and let your harrier do work first. Ive used 5,7,11 and gone on a 55 kill streak with ump and I just rushed their spawn points. so if you're a good run n gunner it shouldn't be difficult, especially on ground war

Message 13 of 20 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Apr 26, 2010

I've only called nuke once though...always thought it was pointless, plus I don't like the fact that it gives my teammates an extra death. Only time I called it was against this all-girl clan called PMS. That felt good.

Message 14 of 20 (11 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11923 posts

Apr 26, 2010

No tips here really just complaining*

I hate this game right now. Five times in a row I have got a 24 killstreak just to be killed right before the final kill for the Nuke. That was the last five matches I played today before I got off. What gives? Why can't I get a decent Chopper Gunner pilot for once? I mean, seriously. It always leaves me with 3 to 4 more kills to take care of and I always fail. This is just lame.

Message 15 of 20 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
409 posts

Apr 26, 2010

hc hq

m21 ebar silenced (or what ever you like i like this)

any hand gun silenced

perk one: what ever you want besides marathon (youll be camping)

perk 2: cold blooded

perk 3 ninja

and claymores

Photobucket
Message 16 of 20 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Apr 26, 2010

ACR silenced w/ scavenger, cold blooded, and ninja. Secondary weapon is AA12 with extended mags..... it has saved me from many situations. stick to flash nades, and sticky nades. Set sensitivity to High so you'll be able to get multi-kills. use pavelow, AC 130, nuke.... This set up has led me to many nukes.

Message 17 of 20 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1140 posts

Apr 26, 2010
I'm not a pro at getting them, but nukes are as easy to get as they were back in december. People are aware the chopper gunner and someone thats 13-0 is most likely going for the nuke and they either shoot down your chopper ASAP or they start to hunt you down.

I got to 24-0 like 4 or 5 games in a row with a bunch of assists each time before finally getting a nuke. Your best bet is play with some friends that will cover you and don't bother on maps that are tight and closed in. Derail and afghan can be lucky if you have the right spawn. Play domination so you can control the spawns by which points you have.

PS4 / PS3 Slim / 60gb PS3 / PS Vita FEB / Big Boss PSP-3000 / PSP-1000 / PS2 / PS1 / Day 1 PS+ / WwLclan[dot]com
Message 18 of 20 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Apr 26, 2010

Just boost like most of the other morons do. It's kinda pointless to get one though. I guess you just dont wanna play a full length match.

Message 19 of 20 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Apr 26, 2010

i dunno what mode guys play if they say it's easy to get a nuke. i've played around 2500 maps on hardcoreTDM and i've seen a total of 6 nukes, 5 were mine. i've also gotten 1 more that i didn't get to call in cause i ended the match with my chopper gunner, and i had a 26 killstreak on karachi, but the pavelow glitch prevented me from getting a nuke. i've seen 1 guy on the opposing team get a high enough killstreak but he didn't have it equipped i guess, so i've never been on the wrong end of one.  

this is my set up i always use, regardless of the map.

scar w. acog and silencer

secondary (irrelevant really. i have a machine pistol but i rarely use it)

claymore

cold blooded

ninja

pavelow

chopper gunner

nuke

using an assault rifle to snipe is good because you still have auto if you get in a 1 on 1 situation. getting a nuke (at least in hardcore) is basically 50% connection, 25% luck, 25% skill and decision making. also you have to hope the other team isn't using cold blooded otherwise your air support will not get enough kills for you. at least 4 doods on the other team need to not have it on i think. some guys use harriers as their first streak, but i find they get shot down too easy. the pavelow can take a lot more damage and hangs around forever. if the pavelow finishes and you have 18+ kills you should be able to get close or get the nuke with your chopper gunner. although as i mentioned previously, if the paver glitches out it wont count towards your killstreak, so you have to consider that as well.

find spots where you can snipe a few guys then move around when you feel you've exposed your position. eventually it will come for you if you concentrate on making smart decisions.

Message 20 of 20 (11 Views)
0 Likes