Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
10 posts

Re: Black Ops 2 makes ps3 unable to read disks

Dec 6, 2012

I bet it will be on the news. Its not guaranteed bo2 will make your ps3 do this, but it is guaranteed bo2 has cause a lot of freezing issues and these freezing issues are the reason my ps3 cant read disks anymore. Like i said the not reading disk problem has been popping up, and its been linked to the game even though many people do not think a game can break your system, but im sure it can cause overriding, which leads to the system breaking. Plus, games arent meant to freeze to begin with.

Message 11 of 61 (5,352 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18422 posts

Dec 6, 2012

HELLFIRE781 wrote:

I bet it will be on the news. Its not guaranteed bo2 will make your ps3 do this, but it is guaranteed bo2 has cause a lot of freezing issues and these freezing issues are the reason my ps3 cant read disks anymore. Like i said the not reading disk problem has been popping up, and its been linked to the game even though many people do not think a game can break your system, but im sure it can cause overriding, which leads to the system breaking. Plus, games arent meant to freeze to begin with.

Yes then there will be class action lawsuits. Then everyone will get a new PS3. Then.......:smileyvery-happy:

Message 12 of 61 (5,349 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 6, 2012

what the origional op has identified as an issue IS INDEED  an issue as i have three ps 3 systems two in use and both of the darn things freeze during online play for black ops 2 you can play red dead redemption all day long on the systems but to play this game causes the freeze on both systems once in awhile (once is too much in my opinion). What a shame that more folks arent taking this seriously. Bugs in games happen all the time it wouldnt surprise me in the least to find out there's an issue burning out the systems, shoot then again ive seen what the op'd described in his thread first hand on my own systems so there's def something to this. Think about all the darn money and free time we spend on this game to have it screw with our decks is serious **bleep**!

Message 13 of 61 (5,345 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Keep a look out. Im investigating hardcore..... if you continue use of black ops 2 and it messes with one your systems or damges come back here n tell me about and go to this facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/BlackOps2BrokeMyPs3?ref=ts&fref=ts
this page is an effort to get solid numbers about this issue, i did not create this fb page
Message 14 of 61 (5,339 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 6, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

Las_Plagas1 wrote:

no game will brake your ps3.

But it DID!!! It's all over the interwebs how it's breaking consoles all over the place!!!!! :smileytongue:

saracasm much?

Message 15 of 61 (5,337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

It seems like most are experiencing the same thing as me: The Blu Ray lens is not recognizing and/or reading Blu Ray Disks. CD's and DVDs work just fine and that is because there are two different lenses, a blue one that reads Blu Ray, and a red one which reads DVD/CD. I haven't had issues with game freeze since Skyrim and I have played several games since without any freeze issues until Black Ops 2. Within ten minutes of my first game play (zombies) it froze and I had to do a hard reset. Started it up again and did a file restore which indicated the system file was corrupt. Ten minutes later it froze again. I received error code 80010514 Blu Ray cannot read disc. I tried other Blu Ray Discs some which were recognized some which were not but none which could be read. Obviously it was an issue with the Blu Ray lens. First measure I took was cleaning the Blu Ray lens following this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXrEyE3OwbQ It did not need to be cleaned because the inside of my machine was immaculate. Then I did another system restore which indicated corrupt files again. Put in AC3 and played it for 15 min without any incident, then being an idiot I put BO2 back in to test and it freezes again! grrr..... I hard reset the PS3 and again the PS3 no longer can read Blu Ray Disks. I had read this article: http://www.ps3blog.co.za/2008/04/10/ps3-error-80010514-explained/ although it indicated issues with the firmware I thought I would try reformatting my HD and did a system restore as the article suggested, took 14 hours (I have a 250gb slim).This did not work and the PS3 will still not play Blu Ray disks and gives me different errors with respect to the Blu Ray lens, again DVD/CD works fine.  I did not think to consider BO2 to be the cause of this as I thought it was just my lens gone bad from normal wear and tear use but in my attempt to remedy the situation I accidently stumbled upon several threads and blogs which showed an overwhelming amount of people who have had the same issue of the Blu Ray not reading disks right after CODBO2 froze up on them. A disk hang or frozen disc definitely ruins the lens of the Blu Ray reader. After doing a little research in various threads and blogs it seems to be a wide spread problem that's occurring, I see no coincidence in the fact that similar circumstances involving the common factor of BO2 freezing is ruining Blu Ray lenses, corrupting system files and hard drives. This is most likely due to bad coding in the software of BO2. I wonder how many have had the same issue and never thought to contribute the fault to the Black Ops 2 game like me. I bet there are several out there that are not even aware that it was potentially the game or update's bad code that messed their PS3 up. Spread the word; let’s see how many others have the same issue so it is not disregarded as an isolated incident.

Message 16 of 61 (5,280 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

Your blue ray laser has died...

It happens from extended use, and has happened to me many times, in various games /titles

Solution is

A. Buy new ps3

B. Fix blue ray yourself (not recommended)..See you tube video's

C. Service ps3 to local electronic repair store to Reinstall new blue ray laser for about half the price of a new ps3

(they will prob fix it in a week for you)

D. Send to SONY repairs and wait over 3 months to get your ps3 back  (not sure of service charge I never did this)

Same thing happened to me in BLops 1,  It wasn't the game, Soon all your disks wont read and you will need to do replacement as indicated above.

iwilldes-l-royu
Message 17 of 61 (5,261 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Dec 7, 2012

HELLFIRE781 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Las_Plagas1 wrote:

no game will brake your ps3.

But it DID!!! It's all over the interwebs how it's breaking consoles all over the place!!!!! :smileytongue:

saracasm much?

hes a retarded troll

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Message 18 of 61 (5,233 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 8, 2012
My ps3 keeps shutting off when I put in black ops 2. Its never done this before. Any updates?
Message 19 of 61 (5,218 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Here the Fix

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2012

You have to access ps3 safe mode. Black Ops 2 shutting my ps3 down seems to cause this for me. The automatic corrupt system checker after a hard restart won't do.

Heres how.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/How-to-access-Playstation-3-SAFE-MODE/td-p/5812...

Search Youtube if you're not sure how.

Before you do it, take off any usb connecting to your ps3 and remove the any disk inside. Or else it somehow it won't go to safe mode.

Once you access safe mode:

Pick option number 3: RESTORE FILE SYSTEM ( any other option might delete all data on yor ps3) Usually takes 5 minutes

This should fixed any disk reading issue. 

Note:

1. This won't delete any data/ save file

2. Black ops is causing this

3.This won't fix any freezing issues

4. But this would save you $250 

I would avoid playing black ops 2 till they patch it correctly. (Which i doubt)

UPDATE (1.04) : Still having issues. Patch didn't fix freezing/force shutdown issue. Surprise...Surprise

DakilaOfJustice Trophy CardDakilaOfJustice
Message 20 of 61 (5,215 Views)
0 Likes