Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
4 posts

Re: Black Ops 2 makes ps3 unable to read disks

Apr 10, 2013
Well, it appears to have fixed itself after a day of not playing anything. I am bummed because I spent 60 dollars of hard earned money on a game (black ops 2) that will screw up my system. My warranty is going to be up in a couple of days and if I choose to play the new game after that period it will cost me money to send it in to be repaired or I purchase the extended warranty and be out the money anyway........

Sounds like somebody is getting bent over if you ask me, no matter how you look at it.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 61 (594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I thought I might add that the system does appear to be running very sluggish. Everything takes longer cause the system is lagging. Should be a disclaimer stating that your lucky to get a year of use before troubles set in!
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 61 (592 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

In response to BoWsE_734:

This is about the most common sense answer I've read so far. I have a strong feeling that my problem is the blue ray lens being dirty. I'm not mad at any game developer or Sony. A machine is a machine and machines are delicate and must be maintained and cared for. This is my second PS3 I've owned but NOT because the first one perished. They are quite reliable in my experience so far, but can't be abused and must be given air flow space and dusted periodically. I'm now going to proceed to disassemble and carefully rehabilitate the lens. I will update this thread with the results.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 61 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 17, 2013

what are you talking about if didnt my ps3 just froze yestiurday while playing black ops 2 and it cant read disk. I take care of my ps3 i get it cleaned and everything. this is the first time my ps3 froze on black ops 2 and then i cant read disks?? **bleep**. i want a new ps3 i want to sue treyarch 

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 61 (529 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 17, 2013

Did your game ever freeze? No, my black ops 2 froze one time on me after tdm and my ps3 broke. FMy ps3 froze on my call of duties but on this game it just broke my disk reader. You were just the lucky ones that dont freeze after a game ends.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 61 (529 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 17, 2013

IT JSUT BROKE MY PS3 WDF!!!!!! THE GAME FROZE I DID A RESTART AND NOW MY PS3 CANT READ DISK!. i have a fat ps3 btw and it never freezes only on cod

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 61 (529 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 19, 2013

it just broke mine too. This only breaks older model ps3s. i had the fat ps3 and the only ps3's broken are the oolder models. Get the older ps3 then play black ops 2. i have been playing that game foir a while and the first time it froze on me, my ps3 can not read disk.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 61 (526 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 27, 2013
So my warranty is up and I am hesitant to play bo2 again because it causes the system to lock up and won't read disks. Like I said, after a day the console started working again so if that is an indicator that the blu ray lens is bad then.....my bad. Ive been playing bo1 for about a month straight every day and no problems. Ill try to play bo2 tonight and ill post later on the outcome.
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 61 (498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 5, 2013

It broke my Playstation 3 three weeks ago, but luckely I had another Playstation 3 in the house. I stopped playing for two weeks and picked it up again last week. I didn't play much, only around 8 hours I assume, but the other Playstation 3 also broke today. I'm doing a full restore now, which takes about 18 hours according to the operating system, and hopefully that helps.

Both Playstation 3 consoles are the old fat version.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 61 (477 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 7, 2013

black ops 2 is the only game in the 4 yrs i've had my ps3 to cause the loading clock to continually spin and then not read, and freeze. game freezes to an highly irratating level. but.  it still plays. its been doing this for awhile now. and if the game is in the console when i turn it on, it MIGHT not read it. it s all so random for me sometime. everything else has worked fine, but this game does cause problems. hasn't killed it yet. 

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 61 (220 Views)
0 Likes