Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 23 2009
By: Griffin2883 Lombax Warrior 68 posts

Colorblind.....!?

84 replies 41 views Edited Dec 23, 2009
I have a friend of mine who comes over and plays MW2 with me.  Well the thing is he is colorblind and cant tell the difference between the green color of your teammates and the red of the enemies!  so i have to sit there and tell him, good guy or bad guy!  its frustrating for him because he isnt a bad player, but doesnt do to well because he doesnt always know who he is shooting at!  i know he can look at the radar but sometimes that doesnt always work out because the game can move pretty fast.  So im thinking maybe if IW could give you an option of picking which colors your team and enemy names can be or using different lettering or even a symbol to decipher between the two!?  does anyone else have this problem or agree with me?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 85 (41 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1211 posts

Re: Colorblind.....!?

Dec 23, 2009
I think there is a option when you pause the game letting you adjust the colors of the names but i dont know if it will all that much but try and see.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 85 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
915 posts

Dec 23, 2009
I don't have that problem or know anyone that does, but I do not see why this should be any trouble for IW to fix. I agree...
Message Edited by YoungStuck on 12-23-2009 09:42 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 85 (41 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2085 posts

Dec 23, 2009
seems like a reasonable request. People kudo this thread so it gets attention plz.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 85 (41 Views)
I Only Post Everything
958 posts

Dec 23, 2009
You're friend should dedicate a bit of time to and remember that there is a difference in how your in-game model looks depending on what side you are on.The difference is there, i can't honestly think of an FPS that had features like you're asking feel free to tell me otherwise tho.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 85 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Dec 23, 2009
i know in waw you was able to change the color in the options cause i had mine orange and blue.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 85 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Dec 23, 2009

I read about this somewhere, I think there was a protest starting to get a fix for this.

I'm colorblind myself but it doesn't affect me.

---------
http://www.youtube.com/user/mgreenia

rate, comment, subscribe!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 85 (41 Views)
Wastelander
915 posts

Dec 23, 2009

Knightmare-TCB wrote:
You're friend should dedicate a bit of time to and remember that there is a difference in how your in-game model looks depending on what side you are on.The difference is there, i can't honestly think of an FPS that had features like you're asking feel free to tell me otherwise tho.

This is true, but in the heat of the battle I can see how a mistake can be made. Some of the models are pretty similar and I know that I myself rely on the colors now that I think about it.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 85 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
68 posts

Dec 23, 2009
yeah i understand that, i can tell the difference between players by the characters, but not all the time.  sometimes there is a lot going on and you cant really focus on what the character looks like! he doesnt own the game either so he really doesnt play enough to recognize things like that. he is interested in buying a ps3 just for this game but he doesnt know if he wants to invest that much money into it if he struggles with this.  i just think it would be a simple fix for IW to do!  im sure there are others that have this problem too!  thanks for the feedback though!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 85 (41 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
958 posts

Dec 23, 2009
I'm just trying to put it out there not saying models should compensate the lack of colors you can see.I just can't think of a company that did the extra work to help those with issues like this and similar.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 85 (41 Views)
0 Likes