Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 28 2010
By: Dave_Barz Splicer 48 posts

Disgusted with Treyarch/Black Ops

17 replies 6 views Edited Nov 28, 2010

Ive never complained about problems with a game in my 28 years until now.

Ive been playing CoD series since the first installment never had a problem thats until Black Ops

Here are my problems with the game...

Launch:

Only problem I really had was once in awhile the screen would flicker.

Complaints: Sounds are all cheesy compared to MW2 and the graphics seemed pretty choppy for a game in 2010...

After the latest patch:

Can no longer play the story mode. Press start and screen goes purple then only way out is holding down the power button.

Online mode there are multiple issues I'm seeing:

1) If you die you automatically spawn in front of a minimum of 3 opponents. So you can be shot at instantly. This system is absolutely terrible.

2) Knife attack no longer works. I can literally stand against someone and repeatedly knife him and nothing.

3) Ghost perk doesn't seem to work, I'm highlighted via aerial attacks as well as enemy maps. Confirmed playing with friends.

4) I dont know what the tech word is, but you can shoot at enemies, hit nothing and kill them. Witnessed multiple times in game winning kill cams. 

5) Ive never really used Ninja perk but realized pretty much can't hear any footsteps from anyone so why would that perk be needed? 

6) Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag - and occasional Connection Interuption. Are their servers even capable of handling gaming? 

Theres other small issues I'm sure will be fixed. But as far as these go, paying $60 for a game ($150 prestige) everyone got ripped off! 

I will never buy another title that Treyarch had anything to do with. At the rate they are going, by the time they fix everything it will be a greatest hits. Meaning your paying $60 for a game that simply hasnt been finished....

/rant

Message 1 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Re: Disgusted with Treyarch/Black Ops

Nov 28, 2010
3) Ghost perk doesn't seem to work, I'm highlighted via aerial attacks as well as enemy maps. Confirmed playing with friends.

'Ghost' only makes you invisible to 'Spy Planes', it doesn't stop you being attacked by air support bud. Ghost Pro allows you to be ignored by air support / attack dogs etc.
Message 2 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2433 posts

Nov 28, 2010

I felt the same way after Modern Warfare 2. I will never play another Iw game. In regards to black ops and treyarch, I'm 99% satisfied and I would gladly buy another one of their games.

Message 3 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Nov 28, 2010

agreed with lots of connection issues with this game but unfortunatley with online convienence developers now a days want the game out at a said time and just patch with dlc

Message 4 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Nov 28, 2010

My fault, didn't specify, yes with ghost Pro I'm still visible.

Message 5 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Nov 28, 2010

Dave_Barz wrote:

Ive never complained about problems with a game in my 28 years until now.

Ive been playing CoD series since the first installment never had a problem thats until Black Ops

Here are my problems with the game...

Launch:

Only problem I really had was once in awhile the screen would flicker.

Complaints: Sounds are all cheesy compared to MW2 and the graphics seemed pretty choppy for a game in 2010...

After the latest patch:

Can no longer play the story mode. Press start and screen goes purple then only way out is holding down the power button.

Online mode there are multiple issues I'm seeing:

1) If you die you automatically spawn in front of a minimum of 3 opponents. So you can be shot at instantly. This system is absolutely terrible.

2) Knife attack no longer works. I can literally stand against someone and repeatedly knife him and nothing.

4) I dont know what the tech word is, but you can shoot at enemies, hit nothing and kill them. Witnessed multiple times in game winning kill cams. 

5) Ive never really used Ninja perk but realized pretty much can't hear any footsteps from anyone so why would that perk be needed? 

6) Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag - and occasional Connection Interuption. Are their servers even capable of handling gaming? 

Theres other small issues I'm sure will be fixed. But as far as these go, paying $60 for a game ($150 prestige) everyone got ripped off! 

I will never buy another title that Treyarch had anything to do with. At the rate they are going, by the time they fix everything it will be a greatest hits. Meaning your paying $60 for a game that simply hasnt been finished....

/rant

Obviously you haven't played MW2.

Message 6 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Nov 28, 2010

l-eXo-l wrote:

I felt the same way after Modern Warfare 2. I will never play another Iw game. In regards to black ops and treyarch, I'm 99% satisfied and I would gladly buy another one of their games.

At this point I'm starting to hate both compaines.

Message 7 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Nov 28, 2010
IMO MW2 is flawless
Message 8 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1472 posts

Nov 28, 2010

I have always hated Cheaptivision,the one thing i do like about Black Ops is combat training,even though that has it's issues like the other multiplayer games,and i only paid 18 for the game i will never give 60 dollars to a Cheaptivision published game again.

Message 9 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Nov 28, 2010

Dave_Barz wrote:
IMO MW2 is flawless

Message 10 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes