Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 17 2011
By: aquastorm I Only Post Everything 1185 posts

How to fix Black Ops lag?

10 replies 7497 views Edited Mar 17, 2011

Is anyone else having TONS of lag in Black Ops?  I don't know if it's lag or what it is but the gameplay and framerate in this game on multiplayer are just HORRID!  I don't have these problems with MW2 or any other shooter for that  matter just with Black Ops.  The framerate or lag issues are so bad that even when the match is starting and the time is counting down in the middle of the screen that the number is all jittery and laggy as it counts down.  

Is it just me or is everyone having these issues with Black Ops on the PS3?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (7,497 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: How to fix Black Ops lag?

Apr 5, 2011

No, you are not the only one. I do too have bad issues. Whats messed up is that I pay for the best internet I can get from Comcast, and constantly test my connection and its super fast. I have been reading about frame rates on Black Ops that are so inconsistant. What is really crazy is that I have friends with slow connections and always have a one shot kill. I for instance, get killed from one shot all the time. And im getting so tired of it. I loved WAW and MW2 was good, but i am so disappointed with this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (7,497 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Apr 5, 2011

Dedicated servers is a start.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (7,497 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Apr 5, 2011

aquastorm wrote:

Is anyone else having TONS of lag in Black Ops?  I don't know if it's lag or what it is but the gameplay and framerate in this game on multiplayer are just HORRID!  I don't have these problems with MW2 or any other shooter for that  matter just with Black Ops.  The framerate or lag issues are so bad that even when the match is starting and the time is counting down in the middle of the screen that the number is all jittery and laggy as it counts down.  

Is it just me or is everyone having these issues with Black Ops on the PS3?

I've had the same awful lag problem with every single COD, and also RSV2.

I used to have a pretty good connect speed too!  (7 meg download, 2 meg upload)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (7,497 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Apr 5, 2011

ELPINCHELOCO wrote:

No, you are not the only one. I do too have bad issues. Whats messed up is that I pay for the best internet I can get from Comcast, and constantly test my connection and its super fast. I have been reading about frame rates on Black Ops that are so inconsistant. What is really crazy is that I have friends with slow connections and always have a one shot kill. I for instance, get killed from one shot all the time. And im getting so tired of it. I loved WAW and MW2 was good, but i am so disappointed with this game.

I'm glad you shared this...

I used to have a pretty fast connection too, but then I switched to Verizon, because I was anticipating FIOS.  Well we can't get FIOS installed in our building (crazy owners), so it's just regular Verizon, and my connection speed isn't very good...

I thought that the horrid issues I was having were a result of this slow speed, and I too have experienced being on the short end of the stick when it comes to lag, and it seems like a great majority of the time....

Now I know that a better connect speed isn't going to help me very much.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (7,497 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 5, 2011

It is just a PS3 issue. I own both the Xbox 360 and PS3 and can confirm it is a problem with the PS3 Edition of Black Ops. I have played Black Ops on 360 since release and always had SMOOTH as GLASS gameplay. I bought a PS3 and Black Ops yesterday and ever since I have been having terrible frame rate issues with the PS3 version. The gameplay is choppy and laggy. I can barely stand it.

It is no problem with your connection, it is purely a problem with the game/Ps3. Treyarch put much more effort into the 360 version.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (7,497 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 6, 2011

It is very dificult for me to understand what is happening. This problem got very bad after the second patch i think in January. I read somewhere about Treyarch or Activision added a "host compensation" to their patch to fix some of the complaints gamers where having about lag and host being to powerful. Well with this patch and thier "wonderful" BS "host compensation" idea, now, since it always chooses me as host, due to the fact I strive to have a clean and fast connection, it handicaps everyone else by tweaking the timing of the game. It slows my framerate down and picks everyone elses up to compensate for the lack of speed. I turn a corner and BAMB! I get shot with one shot from a player that popped out of no where. And when I look at the replay, WOW!!!! That same person that shot me shows that He turned the corner had enough time to smoke a cigarette, and shot me 6 times before I went down. And to add to insult, It showed I didnt even shoot back.. Any ways also at times I creep up behind someone and shoot the hell out of them, and they turn around and get one shot in, and guess who gets killed.??? I cant wait for "THe Brink Game".. Good luck on solving this issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (7,497 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8414 posts

Apr 8, 2011

maybe host compensation wasn't that bad of an idea, but was just poorly implemented?  Maybe they set it to handicap the host too much?

I don't know, but something definitely stinks sometimes when playing this game.  Some days are worse than others...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (7,497 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I have decent luck playing team death match but when I switch to kill confirmed or hard point I look like a 6yr old playing! I've been mowed down many times when I wasn't even around the corner and then to watch the kill cam, I'm around the corner and three steps towards him when he starts to shoot! Honestly it's BS! For a company that makes as much as it does off this game you would think they could get it right! I'm no computer guy by any means and I don't understand frame rates and host compensation but it sounds to me like I should switch to Xbox.... Could it be that the money you pay to subscribe to online play goes to maintaining servers for better quality? If so Sony should pay attention! I have no problems paying if it means I could actually play without yelling at the tv things like "whatever!" ,"**bleep**!" "No way!" "**bleep**?" "Omg!" Etc etc......
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (4,722 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 10, 2013
I have to say this lag issue is really upsetting..I thought it was just my gameplay...I have a 360 to just haven't invested any money to tittles Im beggining to think its time....I loved ps3 while it was good but issues like this just ruins the whole game....I'm finding its not just these tittles it happens to a lot of online game play...
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (3,363 Views)
0 Likes