Apr 18 2010
By: Aka_SpiKe Lombax Warrior 147 posts

I'm glad Infinity ward got what they did

16 replies 18 views Edited Apr 18, 2010

In my opinion they deserved getting fired and shafted for thier money, much like we got shafted for ours.

BF3 Stats
Message 1 of 17 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2785 posts

Re: I'm glad Infinity ward got what they did

Apr 18, 2010

That's fine if you don't like their game or whatever but they deserve to get paid the amount that they had agreed to do the work for. I think there are a lot worse games than MW2 (it's one of my favorite) but I don't think they should be ripping off those developers either just because I didn't like it.

And nobody shafted you out of your money. They didn't point a gun at your head, and make you buy the game. It's your fault for not putting enough research into it before the purchase. If they profited out of your impatience then it's too bad.

I'm glad they left Activision though. I'm more excited for the new IP than MW3.

Feel free to add my newer account NatalieG_

Message 2 of 17 (18 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Apr 18, 2010

Well you shouldn't wish that on anybody. People are out of work now and thats not cool because I know how that feels. I am glad though that they left Activision because they were really the ones with the final say in many things.  Respawn Entertainment should deliver another great shooter in a few years!

Image hosted by servimg.com

Achieved 1000 HS with the F2000 on 7/22/10
Proud member of KmS*
Message 3 of 17 (18 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 18, 2010

You don't have to put a gun to someone's head to rob them, or to make them feel as if they been robbed.

Its called brand names. They market the Modern Warfare title because they know people know the name and associate it with great quality. Much like call of duty in general. The problem with that is then when you try and sell something with the same brand name, people expect to see the same quality they associated the brand name with in the first place and when they fail to deliver that leaves people feeling cheated or jipped.

No they didn't put a gun to my head : / But why would they have to? Get it?

It is clearly evident that they had no desire to make modern warfare 2, I belive it was part of their contract that they had to make a sequel before starting a new IP. Anyways that lack of desire shows up in how the game is constructed, If you had a winning formula why change it?.

To put things into perspective for you, Imagine I sold you a Car. It's not the coolest looking car but it runs great, has great gas mileage and is super reliable. That car was great and served your purpose but now its time for a new one come back to me for a new car. I sell you a car under the pretense that it's cooler-looking, faster, and has the same great usuage and then you go out and drive that car to find out that it has terrible gas mileage and breaks down alot.  Would you come back to me and by another car?

BF3 Stats
Message 4 of 17 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2785 posts

Apr 18, 2010

Face it, you did not get robbed. You bought the game yourself.

Heres an example. I bought Killzone 2 at launch because of the hype and the reviews, ads, quotes they were putting out. I did not like it. Well that's too bad, I sold it shortly after and was down $15. Am I gonna hold a grudge against them? no. I bought the game. It was ultimately my fault, and the $60 I had spent initially rightfully belongs to them, since I got what they had promised me, which was Killzone 2.

Get it yet? Please try to take some responsibilty for your actions. It's not their fault you are a sheep and went with the hype. Next time realize that you are taking a risk in buying it, and like any business, they are going to take advantage of anything that will help them sell it, be it hype, brand names, or ignorance.

Feel free to add my newer account NatalieG_

Message 5 of 17 (18 Views)
Splicer
85 posts

Apr 18, 2010

First off its a bad thing to say for someone to get fired and thats a good thing. Put yourself in their shoes, you just got fired lets say you have a family, how are you going to sustain them with no job? 

Second its not their fault you got what you bought. If you like it or not then thats not their fault no matter how much it may seem. I despise MW2 for some of the **bleep** that it has, but then there are its fun moments. I just bite the bullet until it gets fun and enjoy that fun as much as I can. When its p i s s awful I quit for a bit cool down with some other game like litte big planet then hop back on.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Signature. Yeah really whats the point of this? Make it look kewl? Doesnt seem to be working :\ I guess a random pic is needed.

Yes I like anime :smileyvery-happy: Screw off if you dont agree with mah likes/dislikes.
Message 6 of 17 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 19, 2010

"they are going to take advantage of anything that will help them sell it, be it hype, brand names, or ignorance."

Exactly my point. I feel it is poetic justice that they got taken advantage of by Activision much like they took advantage of their hype of COD4.

BF3 Stats
Message 7 of 17 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 19, 2010

God why is everyone also trying to make this soley about me, there are tons of people who regard this game as garbage and felt ripped off.

Its commendable that you diehard fans of IW will defend them to the end, but really who is the sheep if IW is the shepard?

BF3 Stats
Message 8 of 17 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Apr 19, 2010

wow, you really don't know the full story do you?

Message 9 of 17 (18 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 19, 2010

must not, so enlighten me

BF3 Stats
Message 10 of 17 (18 Views)
0 Likes