Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 06 2010
By: x_IHIostile_x Wastelander 572 posts

I must Be Old.

29 replies 22 views Edited Apr 6, 2010

What the hell is 1337? What ever happened to be just plain old GOOD at a game? lol! I do well all the time, and  am like " Nice! I did awesome that round!".  Then I hear some little kid. "Next round im gonna beast you". "Your going to get your butt pwned" with of course a bunch of $%#&@*$^% in between. lol!

I guess us old school gamers are all that is left when it comes to saying "good game" after the match. As I guess the little kids do not know anything but insults when it comes to this. Its a pity.So when they lose at floor hockey in school, how do they act then? whoa.....

Ever remember playing Mortal Kombat in the arcade on the big screen? When you had your head ripped off by some dude playing as Sub-Zero, and afterwards, even though you lost,  it was like, "Nice match!" "You kicked my butt, but it was still FUN!". Now gaming is a ragefest for the little ones. 

Message 1 of 30 (22 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Re: I must Be Old.

Apr 6, 2010
You don't go hard ? you're not beastly with the skillz?
Message 2 of 30 (22 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7540 posts

Apr 6, 2010
That's why I mute anyone that isn't on my team...there are too many tools/spanks playing out there that think doing well at a video game somehow translates to some real world attribute that makes them better people.
Message 3 of 30 (22 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2121 posts

Apr 6, 2010

I'm not a fighter, but if someone bags on me for any significant reason, I'm not going to stand there and get insulted. I will fight back.

That's why I mute everyone on the other team. Also, I do like those old times:

"DANG IT!, oh well, good game though. :smileywink:"

Message 4 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
878 posts

Apr 6, 2010

I'm only 23 and I feel the same about these rejects online. When was it about talking smack? When isn't winning enough? When was losing such a bad thing?

Uncharted Territory
1889 posts

Apr 6, 2010

In arcades you have to see people face to face.... The fact that people are seperated by hundreds or thousands of miles just makes it easy for those guys to tell you how they really feel.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1315 posts

Apr 6, 2010

I still occasionally see people saying "good game."  I'm a long time gamer, but I've said "leet" and 'pwnage" my fair share as well.  EverQuest 1 is where the internet lingo really started to sink in.  

Actually, both of my license plates on my cars are in "leet" speak, haha.  People always get a good laugh when they see my wife's or my license plates, and the first thing they usually ask is 'what server do you play on?"  My response is "WoW isn't a real game...."

Message 7 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Apr 6, 2010

na, Im old as dirt but I still like to rub it in and throw insults, its trendy to talk trash!

Message 8 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1931 posts

Apr 6, 2010

IWINSLOW wrote:

In arcades you have to see people face to face.... The fact that people are seperated by hundreds or thousands of miles just makes it easy for those guys to tell you how they really feel.

When I used to lose (which was rarely) at MK or MK2 or Timesplitters (anyone remember that?) at the arcade, I would body slam the person into the billiard table to show them I can do it in real life.

haha, jk.  I miss those days too.  It's been probably 12-13 years since I stepped into my old arcade.

As far as hundreds of thousands of miles.  The earth's circumference is roughly 27,000 miles.

Message 9 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2166 posts

Apr 6, 2010

AgeY55 wrote:

IWINSLOW wrote:

When I used to lose (which was rarely) at MK or MK2 or Timesplitters (anyone remember that?) at the arcade, I would body slam the person into the billiard table to show them I can do it in real life.

haha, jk.  I miss those days too.  It's been probably 12-13 years since I stepped into my old arcade.

As far as hundreds of thousands of miles.  The earth's circumference is roughly 27,000 miles.

Timespillters was the **bleep**! I remember being awesome at that game. Oh and remember the old school X-Men/Ninja Turtles games people used to do "see how far i can get in a level" competitions? I loved those lol. I still usually say good game if I'm on my mic, but usually after a bad beating people will trash talk so I end up muting them while my clan mates **bleep** talk back lol. My favorite time was when I was using OMA/DangerClose and someone on the other team was like "Everyone on of you were good, except the guy using OMA". Lol. Oh and WoW is a real game!

-----------------------------------

Message 10 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes