Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 04 2009
By: GoD_Midway Treasure Hunter 8170 posts

Incentive to Prestige:

23 replies 7 views Edited Dec 4, 2009

For every prestige, you get to keep 1 thing that you already unlocked, so you don't have to re-unlock it.

But it would be a certain item for each prestige.

Like Presitge 1 could be a perk. 

So lets say you wanted Bling unlocked right away. Well, when you choose to go prestige, you get to choose one perk to have unlocked at level 1.

Maybe at Prestige 2, you got to choose a gun. So maybe you want to choose the ACR so you don't have to wait until level 47. And also, you would still have the perk you unlocked from prestige 1 unlocked. 

But then, at Prestige 3 you got to pick another perk. You have 2 choice: Pick a new perk, or pick your first perk, but you also start out with the Pro Version. And you still have the gun from Prestige 2. 

Prestige 4 would be a gun. You could either choose a new gun, or choose the same gun, but all of the attachments would already be unlocked for it. Along with the 2 perks/1 pro perk you already chose

And so on. I thought of this way back in the Call of Duty 4 days, that when you went prestige you could keep one gun or perk, but never posted about it.

This would be more of an incentive to prestige, because if there is a gun you don't get until a high level, you can now have it at a lower level. 

Message Edited by GoD_Midway on 12-03-2009 11:40 PM
Message 1 of 24 (7 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1105 posts

Re: Incentive to Prestige:

Dec 4, 2009
Good idea actually... is it going to happen? no...
Message 2 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8170 posts

Dec 4, 2009

InsaneHmong wrote:
Good idea actually... is it going to happen? no...

I know, it is just a thought.

Message 3 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1105 posts

Dec 4, 2009
I would actually prestige if that happens... but at the moment... I don't want to prestige because you just give away all your gear and start from square one...
Message 4 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4477 posts

Dec 4, 2009
I must say straight up. Kudo's to you my friend. I totally support this idea. It really would be worth while to see implimented.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Dec 4, 2009
This is a good idea. A little icon next to my name isn't enough for me to prestige, especially since I'm an average player and don't plan on playing this game until the next COD. Unlocking all the attachments and skins for my favorite guns is a big enough challenge for me.
Message 6 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 4, 2009

Prestige should always offer no reward. It's not intended to be an extension of the ranking system, prestige is solely for prestige, and you have to warrant prestiged with your desire for prestige. If there was further incentive your reasoning would change, and it may as well be a 1-770 ranking system. Which is simply stupid.

Message 7 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Dec 4, 2009

Prestiging just once would get you anything you want minus the other prestige icons you would get. So if you wanted to get all the titels/emblems you would only be missing the other 9 prestige icons.

Most ppl prestige for the icon next to their name anyway so i guess it doesnt matter.

Message 8 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8170 posts

Dec 4, 2009

DaRk-MiNd- wrote:

Prestiging just once would get you anything you want minus the other prestige icons you would get. So if you wanted to get all the titels/emblems you would only be missing the other 9 prestige icons.

Most ppl prestige for the icon next to their name anyway so i guess it doesnt matter.

I believe there is more titles that you cannot get until you have prestige so many times. I thinkyou get one title for getting to level 4, prestige 4

Message 9 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Dec 4, 2009
I think more people would prestige if you got to keep the camo you unlocked. Now that you have to unlock the ghillie suit I believe you should keep that too.
Message 10 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes