Dec 27 2011
By: kudai Sackboy 462 posts
Accepted Solution

Is it just me or mw3 is the most camp-friendly from all the previous COD's?

37 replies 1176 views Edited Dec 27, 2011

It just feels like all the maps are made to camp... I mean the previous COD's i knew there were campers but here:

Way too many buildings and even insde the building you have alot of hiding places like sofas , boxes , crashed walls...

And outside the buildings there are just too many cars, boxes everywhere , too many places with 2nd floors

And all of these things like portable radar and shit seems like they want you to camp... I have seen ppl on my team staying ALL the game and getting 11+ kills in S&D while I only get 4 kills on average.... And in all the previous COD I used to get at least 8+ kills on S&D most of the time and on good games even 15-20 kills , but here my max has been 7 kills

I just want to hear opinions from you guys , is this game made for campers?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 38 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3292 posts

Re: Is it just me or mw3 is the most camp-friendly from all the previous COD's?

Dec 27, 2011

I don't care if they made a map that was an open field of grass and wild flowers, people would still camp in the tall grass.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 38 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Dec 28, 2011

idk i hear its not called campin, its strategic campin lmao me and my friends laugh when people call it that

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 38 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Dec 28, 2011

You're playing Search and Destroy, why are you so surprised by campers?

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5350/a68a498a134911c17c78674.png
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 38 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3067 posts

Dec 28, 2011

I have only played MW2, BO and MW3, the answer at least out of those 3 games for the most camper friendly game would be MW2. In MW2 you could have scavenger and use 2 claymores that could cover 2 entrances. You could also put Danger Close on and make those claymores quite a bit more effective. I played mostly free for all matches and I would consistently get scores like 30-1 and 30-2 in MW2. In Black Ops the best score I got was 30-4, but it only happened once and I wasn't camping. Multiple claymores made camping so easy, since i cant do that anymore I just run n gun

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 38 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 28, 2011

typical MW3 map.

favela.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 38 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Dec 28, 2011

yeah but it would be harder to get the kill. All tey did wit MW3 is make it child friendly to make more money from kids buying it.Its the worst FPS by far.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 38 (1,176 Views)
Lombax Warrior
68 posts

Dec 28, 2011

Wow, really???  Lets see here, camping is always the hot topic and everyone seems to hate it.  In every COD game thats been made everyone has complained about it.  So in MW3 they did some things to help comfort all the haters out there!

Claymores/Bouncing Betties:  Only get 1

Stalker Pro:  Delays Explosion

Site Rep: Can actually see through walls/objects at a glowing red enemy device (totally possible right?)

Portable Radar:

Assasin: Undetectable by portable radar

Site Rep: Can actually see through walls/objects at a glowing red enemy device (totally possible right?)

Lots of Areas to Camp:

Every possible camping spot has multiple routs to engage camper

Use frags, semtex, flash or concussion grenades

Don't get angry and keep going back, if everyone leaves a camper alone they wont get any kills!

In all honesty, who really cares about the way someone plays.  Everyone does it differently and everyone has the right to do so!  Lastly, everyone says campers get cheap kills. Well let me ask you then...do you knife someone in the back when possible or do you let them turn around....same goes for shooting someone in the back..theyre totally defenseless!  If someone is using a killstreak or looking up to shoot one down, do you wait for them to be done, then notice you and then you shoot them?  These are all cheaps kills, but we'll take em everytime!!!!!!!  So stop complaining or stop playing because campers will always be a part of these games,  unless they make a square map with nothing but the flat concrete floor...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 38 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
422 posts

Dec 29, 2011

I am never bothered by campers. I play Hardcore TDM and DOM, gamemodes that many would say have a lot of camping.

First I use an AR with attachments (a scope and noob tube) with semtex, flash grenades, and Sitrep. A launcher and semtex always works fine for me. Sitrep for the campers who decide to use claymores. 

Second I always look before I leap. I never run around a map mindlessly. Always check your corners and try to never run out in no mans land. An example is Dome. If you know that the enemy is camping one of the bunker entrances, don't take it head on. Flank to another entrance and use your flash grenades and semtex.

Last I never get tunnel vision. If you get killed by a camper, when you respawn don't be concerned with getting revenge. In HC, the respawn time can be 10+ seconds, and a lot can change in terms of where the enemy is on a map in that amount of time. Getting frustrated and running mindlessly to the spot you previously got camped generally means death before you get there.

Overall campers aren't usually too bright. Some do it because they can't get kills unless they do. But some do it to ruin your good time. Don't get frustrated and play smart. MW3 has it's issues. But many of the complaints come from how and/or why they died, most of which is avoidable if they played smart

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 38 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Dec 29, 2011

meh just people are going from one game to another and people have just got used to camp and people don't know how to play the game and also these people making viedos or aka elite service of the best load out to deal with diffrent situations but most people do camp i find

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 38 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes