Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Re: MW2 Community is Horrible

Aug 9, 2010
The OP made me smile. =]
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 11 of 15 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Aug 9, 2010
Dang! kudos to you! the best community ive ever seen is MAG, it's soooooo well organized!
☣☣☣ BioHazarD ☣☣☣
CLAN
REC0
Message 12 of 15 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Aug 9, 2010
Yeah, I really hate it, too. I think in all of my time playing (only MW1, W@W and MW2) I have only been in a lobby with good sports a handful of times. One was last week and we were getting slaughtered. Played 2 games of S&D with them, lost 4-0, then lost 4-1. During the killcams they wouldn't gloat, they didn't do a LAME spin diffuse and they said "good game". It was refreshing. Don't really experience that a lot.

For a company that spent so much time and energy exhorting the virtues of a free online service, to charge for marginally useful access and other nebulous online things, this is just another slap in the face of PS3 owners who were previously told that rumble is last gen, backwards compatibility is great and the versatility of their system in allowing other operating systems to be used on their hardware was a great feature.
- Lono, Sarcastic Gamer

Message 13 of 15 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Aug 9, 2010
CoD is just so popular, chances are that it has most of the annoying kids. MAG is based around teamwork and cooperation, something those kids don't know or want to deal with. It's just a maturity level for each game. I can't even imagine CoD on 360...
Message 14 of 15 (12 Views)
Survivor
2785 posts

Aug 26, 2010

If you ask me why, all games have some groups of idiots online, but a lot of them are concentrated in COD since it's easier and more popular.

As for why they would get worked up over it in the first place, I don't know. A bunch of people have made this into their career or something. If you happen to excel at it, they may see you as a threat to their "status." In order to secure their status, they have to challenge you in some way or another, usually with some verbal abuse. The anonymity of the internet gives much courage.

Feel free to add my newer account NatalieG_

Message 15 of 15 (12 Views)
0 Likes