Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2010
By: rcrscott29 Splicer 46 posts

MW2 online play for beginners

18 replies 20 views Edited Feb 25, 2010

I've only owned a PS3 for about 2 months. I've finished MW and MW2 and now I want to get into some online play.

I don't have a headset yet but I have been trying to do some team deathmatches online. So far all I'm doing is getting killed. I played 6 matches yesterday and achieved 1 kill myself but can't even count how many times I was killed. ( 0f 10 times I never even see the person that killed me until I watch it on the kill cam.

First of can anyone offer any tip/suggestions/help for a beginner that obviously isn't very good at this?

Second, and more importantly, is there any place where I can play just with other low level players so that maybe I can have a chance?

Thanks

The C.O.G.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1274 posts

Re: MW2 online play for beginners

Feb 25, 2010

rcrscott29 wrote:

I've only owned a PS3 for about 2 months. I've finished MW and MW2 and now I want to get into some online play.

I don't have a headset yet but I have been trying to do some team deathmatches online. So far all I'm doing is getting killed. I played 6 matches yesterday and achieved 1 kill myself but can't even count how many times I was killed. ( 0f 10 times I never even see the person that killed me until I watch it on the kill cam.

First of can anyone offer any tip/suggestions/help for a beginner that obviously isn't very good at this?

Second, and more importantly, is there any place where I can play just with other low level players so that maybe I can have a chance?

Thanks

Simply get better?

I beat demon's souls
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3399 posts

Feb 25, 2010
what you should do is play mw2 campaign mode on the hardest setting..then play and play and play till your good...then play online, and pretend that your just playing against computers...and own!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (20 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Feb 25, 2010

If you have played though all of the SP then I assume you can point and shoot.

A lot of online play is finding a set up for your character and learning the map, then learning to play against people.

The set up for you character can be hard in the begining because you don't have a lot of options.

I did not do well until I got a silencer, then I kind of broke though a wall becuase a silencer fits my play style pretty well.

To get to know the maps you can just run around a lot, but to get to know how people play is more difficult.

I would suggest for that, watch the kill cam.  See what they did to get the drop on you.

Where they just lucky?  Is there a high trafic area that you ran though on the map?

Was there a thermal sight involved?  Was it long or close range?

A lot of people play similarly, so watching the kill cams can give you some good insight.

Also, merc tdm is the best for beginers because you can learn from your team mates by watching them.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (20 Views)
Sackboy
452 posts

Feb 25, 2010

rcrscott29 wrote:

Thanks

if you would like i could play some private matches with you which are unranked and maybe give you some pointers and stuff, i'm not the best but i'm pretty good i think, i've got a decent decent kills to death ratio of 1.70 with 27,000 kills and 16,000 deaths, got a couple of nukes here and there. but it would be alot easier if you had a mic lol, just add me. also, i would suggest just tailing one of your team members in TDM and maybe you can get lucky and pick up some scraps and maybe learn some spots that are high traffic areas where you can have more chances of getting kills and so on. the other suggestion of playing on a harder difficulty is a good way of getting better with your reaction time aswell.

johnvardon
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Feb 25, 2010

i agree with boomer you need to go through the campaighn on vetran and do some specops.... it really does help and improves your skills...

also just use assault rifles and not snipers for a while.....

bye the way 1+ kudo boomer

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Feb 25, 2010

oh and i ment cornbiscuit not boomer lol

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (20 Views)
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Feb 25, 2010

1 for the silencer dude 2

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 25, 2010
One piece of advice that I'd like to impart on all beginners (hopefully vets know this)...if the enemy has air support and you don't have sufficient cover to fire anti-air, don't run out there trying to take it down with your assault rifle (unless you have cold-blooded equipped).  All you're doing is feeding the opponent's killstreak.  Obviously, I benefit from players that do this and try in vain to shoot my killstreaks down, but it's really annoying when people try to out run harriers...just can't do it.  Wait it out under cover and give your team a chance to catch up once the killstreak expires.  
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 25, 2010
I have found that playing Free For All has helped me get used to playing online.  There are less people playing so there's less confusiion.  Plus you can play at your own pace meaning you don't feel like you have to be on the run all the time.  It can get hectic at times if you're in a high traffic area, but once you're used to the maps you'll know some areas with less traffic where you can stay and shoot people at your own pace.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (20 Views)
0 Likes