Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
May 03 2010
By: camowulf Monster Hunter 42 posts
Offline

Map pack.. Multiple accounts, One PS3

26 replies 5917 views Edited May 3, 2010

If I buy and download the new maps on my account, will my wifes account have access to them or will I have to buy the pack for every account even if its on the same PS3??

Message 1 of 27 (5,917 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/13/2009
Offline
915 posts
 

Re: Map pack.. Multiple accounts, One PS3

May 3, 2010

Anyone that uses that PS3, regardless of the account, will have access to the new maps...

Message 2 of 27 (5,917 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/14/2009
Offline
1315 posts
 

Re: Map pack.. Multiple accounts, One PS3

May 3, 2010

 


YoungStuck wrote:

Anyone that uses that PS3, regardless of the account, will have access to the new maps...


Quoted for truth.  Also, say for instance your PS3 breaks and you buy a new one.  When you use the account that purchased the map packs, you can re-download the map pack without having to pay for them again.

 

Message 3 of 27 (5,917 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Map pack.. Multiple accounts, One PS3

May 3, 2010

What if I have a PS3 in my room but I sometimes use my roommate's (55+ inch) TV with his PS3 in the living room?  Do I have to download twice and pay twice?

Message 4 of 27 (5,917 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Map pack.. Multiple accounts, One PS3

May 3, 2010

Do you know what time it's going to be released?

Message 5 of 27 (5,917 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/13/2009
Offline
915 posts
 

Re: Map pack.. Multiple accounts, One PS3

May 3, 2010

Nope, I actually made a topic asking the same question. Apparently the PS store updates at random times every week.

Message 6 of 27 (5,917 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/13/2009
Offline
915 posts
 

Re: Map pack.. Multiple accounts, One PS3

May 3, 2010

bdtu wrote:

What if I have a PS3 in my room but I sometimes use my roommate's (55+ inch) TV with his PS3 in the living room?  Do I have to download twice and pay twice?


 

No, you can just log-in using your account information on your roomates PS3. At that point your roomate would also have access to the maps, even on his own account.

Edit: You'll still have to download them, just log-in on your name when doing so. You won't have to pay.

Message 7 of 27 (5,917 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/28/2007
Offline
497 posts
 

Re: Map pack.. Multiple accounts, One PS3

May 3, 2010

YoungStuck wrote:

bdtu wrote:

What if I have a PS3 in my room but I sometimes use my roommate's (55+ inch) TV with his PS3 in the living room?  Do I have to download twice and pay twice?


 

No, you can just log-in using your account information on your roomates PS3. At that point your roomate would also have access to the maps, even on his own account.

Edit: You'll still have to download them, just log-in on your name when doing so. You won't have to pay.


Are you absolutely sure of this?

PLAYSTATION MAN
Message 8 of 27 (5,917 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/30/2008
Offline
1216 posts
 

Re: Map pack.. Multiple accounts, One PS3

May 3, 2010

 


YoungStuck wrote:

Nope, I actually made a topic asking the same question. Apparently the PS store updates at random times every week.


I never heard this...ever....I believe it is every Tuesday for an exact answer.

 

Message 9 of 27 (5,917 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/13/2009
Offline
915 posts
 

Re: Map pack.. Multiple accounts, One PS3

May 3, 2010

I didn't mean random days of the week. I just meant random times on the specified day. It used to be every Thursday, but now it will be every Tuesday...

Message 10 of 27 (5,917 Views)
Reply
0 Likes